VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Zach, glad you're here. I'll echo the other's comments. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now but please know there are SO many people here who just want the same thing you do - AJ home and safe, and honest answers.

Welcome Zach - we are so glad you are here. Like everyone said - no pressures! We are here for YOU!

Welcome Zach: Has mom offered to let you take the kids while this is ongoing? I'm sure the daily situation is not good for them to be around. I was just wondering.

Finally got around to watching the WAVY interview from his jail cell. Can't believe he says in the video that the police told him: "[You] know where AJ is. Give [us] the answers. [You] can bring her home." Basically just brazenly told the world that LE thinks he did it.

At this point we are left with two paths: A) he really didn't do it and he's seriously unlucky or B) he did it and is a complete and total imbecile!

The thing with long-time convicted felons is... many of them (not all, but those who have spent years and years and years in that lifestyle) tend to become rather arrogant over time. Thinking they're smarter than LE, because they've outsmarted them maybe a few times where they DIDN'T get caught. Pride and arrogance is a great way to fall flat on one's face, eventually. It makes people sloppy.

Yes you can link to Zach's blog. You can also bring over a few lines of each blog for discussion. As long as you link back to Zach's blog and it's 10 percent of the entry or less.

I hope that makes sense to everyone.

This is a special circumstance. This will not be allowed in other cases.

Let me remind you that dealing with as many different cases as we do we have to make our rules very fluid. Meaning the rules have to change with certain new situations.

Zh (AJ'S 2nd dad) just posted this.

I don't know how the world is feeling right now, but I am feeling hopeful still. I think my daughter is coming back. Prayers put me and my other two at peace. Nothing but positive. Wes is just a protective and loving dad doing what he could.... The alternative is too grotesque so quit thinking it!! QUIT! He has been good with my kids and despite his stupid history and the dumb mistakes he's been making lately, not only is he not part of hurting Anjelica but Anjelica is coming back and this is gonna make sense soon.

God bless him and his daughters!

About the gun... It could be WHs brother/nephews gun and be legally owned. Ammo just left at the hotel room.

It's a lot of Ammo to just be carrying around, but they could have been planning some vigilante justice.

If it was one of my kids... I would rather not even think about it.

Just keeping an open mind... Not what I feel in my heart at all

He is a felon he cant own or be anywhere near a gun no matter who owns it it cant be in his residence in his car on his person. Its a NO NO!

Finally got around to watching the WAVY interview from his jail cell. Can't believe he says in the video that the police told him: "[You] know where AJ is. Give [us] the answers. [You] can bring her home." Basically just brazenly told the world that LE thinks he did it.

At this point we are left with two paths: A) he really didn't do it and he's seriously unlucky or B) he did it and is a complete and total imbecile!

Very good point! If he didn't do anything, he is certainly inserting himself in the picture with his actions, and if he didn't, one would think he'd let LE do their job. They interviewed him for 15 hours?? Or is that just something he said? I'm not sure about anything he says at this point.

I'm relatively new here, but have to ask if it is common for family members to be the ones to find every piece of 'evidence' in a case? Especially when it seems that the things found are not in one place. This is what seems odd to me, even without the history of WH.

Hey Everyone,

As far as Wh's passed charges yes they can be discussed but PLEASE DO NOT dredge up the victim's names or indentifying info and put it all over the forum.

Thanks,
Tricia

Does anyone know why he was staying in a hotel and when he went there? I'm having a hard time with the credit card and her borrowing $200. When I get a new cc, I shred the old one and if that's not handy, I cut it into many pieces and make sure it goes in MY trash. What makes WH suspicious of this neighbor?

He is a felon he cant own or be anywhere near a gun no matter who owns it it cant be in his residence in his car on his person. Its a NO NO!

I understand that, I am speculating to why the ammo may be there and where a gun may be, not the legalities of it.

I checked VA's three strikes law last night, none of the current charges qualify. Good thinking though! And you will see some of his prior felonies certainly qualify. VA doesn't count burglary as a strike. But IMO he may have two strikes from his prior convictions, I just don't know how VA handles out of state charges (or charges that were settled out of court, for that matter).

VA 3 strike statute: https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-297.1

I do not believe he has any prior convictions in Virginia, does he?

Does anyone know why he was staying in a hotel and when he went there? I'm having a hard time with the credit card and her borrowing $200. When I get a new cc, I shred the old one and if that's not handy, I cut it into many pieces and make sure it goes in MY trash. What makes WH suspicious of this neighbor?

I think this is one thing Zach can clarify for us, though we shouldn't expect too many backgrounf details since they are probably not relevant.

I understand that, I am speculating to why the ammo may be there and where a gun may be, not the legalities of it.

Hi, Eileen! I asked about the ammo. I found that strange, still don't know if it was on his person (in a jacket), in the hotel room, or his vehicle.

Hi, Eileen! I asked about the ammo. I found that strange, still don't know if it was on his person (in a jacket), in the hotel room, or his vehicle.
Ammo
The ammo was found in the hotel room WH was staying in.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/missing-teens-father-arrested-on-six-charges
It was during a search of Hadsell’s hotel room where he said Norfolk police found 72 rounds of nine-millimeter ammunition. Hadsell doesn’t deny any of the charges or having a lengthy felony criminal record.

Hi all. Haven't been able to check in in awhile. Anything new happen since the arrest? I see ZH is now a member - welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove