VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One piece missing? I think we have 10 different puzzles thrown into one box, and they are all missing pieces!!

Sigh. Be safe AJ!!

I really hope that those boys that hung out with AJ are truthful and honest with LE. They seemed like they really loved her. I hope they aren't getting caught up in all of this between the parents. They probably are just as confused as all of us in who is being truthful and who is not. I wonder if they don't know who is telling the truth and whose not. Why be so loyal to Wes and then all the sudden not? Why stay at AJ's house for so long and protect mom if they had a fight and AJ wanted to leave? I am hoping they can work out between themselves who is being honest and who isn't. MOO.

I just want this beautiful young lady to come home, safe and sound!

Night all.

For those of you that think AJ took off voluntarily, please consider what that involves, and the amount of adeptness required to stay hidden from LE and the FBI:

AJ would have to:

Not care about leaving her friends and family
Be OK with causing fear and suffering to her friends and family
Be absolved to wasting tuition, missing exams and derailing her academics
Be selfish enough to disappear herself and not help her sisters (if the reason was home/safety)
Have money, connections and means of living and not being traced which takes planning - in conflict with leaving impulsively after a fight etc.
Not care about wasting LE resources to find her
Have a grave need to disappear, such as having committed a crime, or fear for her life, in which case she must also have a reason for not using LE to help solve her problem.
Have at least one accomplice - at 18 I have little doubt she could successfully disappear without someone's help, and that someone would have to be so disconnected from her life that LE hasn't been able to trace her by now.

At 18 and a college student, AJ is covered by Suzanne's Law, so there is no doubt LE took this seriously from the beginning, investigated it as a missing persons from the beginning, and were always concerned/on high alert as soon as family dynamics were figured out with the help of WH. Their behavior and investigation patterns now tell us this is unlikely a voluntary missing case. While we can't take his timeline as fact, there is plenty more about WH that also points away from AJ being gone voluntarily. He says himself he thinks she was abducted by "someone" and we know he likes to refer to himself in the 3rd person as "someone" quite often.

She can't be a runaway, because she is an adult. She has her own dorm/apartment and her own transportation, two other parents and a huge network of friends. If she was free to leave voluntarily, she was free to go anywhere to get away from her family to feel safe that did not need to involve staying dark long enough to launch an investigation. Keep in mind that Amazing Amy in Gone Girl is a sociopath. AJ doesn't fit the profile of someone that would fake her own disappearance for revenge or attention.

I am sure I am not alone in hoping AJ proves me wrong and shows up.

One element missing in your list is one that we can't know; how well has AJ's mother and WH prepared her to deal with the various challenges, adversity and disappointments in life?

Without knowing that we can only guess how AJ would react when faced with what she may perceive as an insurmountable hurdle in her life. Loving her family, feeling close to her siblings, having a successful college semester and being “of age” doesn't mean that her coping and reasoning skills are developed enough to work through a personal crisis in a logical - and unselfish - manner.

Based on the actions of JH and WH all I can say is that if she ran away I'm surprised she didn't do it sooner. :(

Now, having said that I do think it's possible that something bad has happened to AJ. I think it's possible that WH is involved. I also think that it's possible that another family member, friend or even a new acquaintance from college could have something to do with AJ's sudden disappearance. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part to hope that AJ is simply acting out.

I don't know. I guess all I'm saying is don't underestimate teen drama while we're trying to suss out the different possibilities.

~coming out of lurking~ :lurk:
I'm sure this has probably already been said....

I wonder if this was the first time AJ had been back home since JH and WH separated?

It seems WH is very possessive and controlling. I think even though he wasn't living there he was keeping close tabs on what was going on around that house. Probably the main reason he rented a hotel room so close by. Wouldn't surprise me if he hadn't been taking some late night strolls around the neighborhood in his "fishing attire".
AJ comes home for Spring Break, her guy friends are over visiting and hanging out at "his" house with "his" wife and daughters and he isn't allowed to be there. With his personality and probable drug use this could have enraged him. Did he possibly bump into AJ if she did go for a walk that night and decide to do something to her? Or did he show up the that morning and decided to do a little snooping around the house and unexpectadely found her inside and things turned ugly?
If him and JH weren't on speaking terms would he have known/remembered AJ was going to be home?

Going back to lurking now. :back:
You guys are awesome!

Wait a minute, is that an older charge? I'm confused now.

Not at all, honestly. What are they going to say? They have an active missing person's case, they are investigating every lead, they currently do not have a person of interest, and while they aren't ruling out foul play, they have no reason to suspect it. I almost feel like I'm wasting my time typing that, your time because you read it. No way I'd expect NPD to hold a press conference to announce pretty much....nothing. Many have admitted it here--there just is no information.

I agree with you that there is no information that they can release. So, I agree a presser would be pointless and just irritate the public. But, I do think NPD knows so much more than we do. It is still not enough to find AJ, however.

Yes! That beautiful dog is going to get justice after all. This makes me happy. Now if we can just find AJ....

I'm glad to see him get the charge, but I seriously doubt it's about justice for that poor dog. I think they're going to throw everything they can at him to keep him locked up while the investigation continues.

Oh my Oh my...18 year old home on spring break gets in argument with mom ( maybe because "dad" has her truck), argument could be over wanting to borrow mom's car. Teen doesn't have any money...Storms out of the house ( sisters have school in the morning and mom was probably telling her to keep it quiet). It's 4:30 in the morning, she walks on the opposite side of the street just in case mom tries to come after her OR she is afraid to be out at that time in the morning ( there are NO sidewalks on that side of Halprin Dr. As she is walking, she destroys the debit/credit card in frustration ( there's no money on it). She goes to "dads". He brings her back - when he returns the truck- before the kids are up for school.....I am so confused, worried and praying for a good resolution to this case.

BBM

Have you ever tried to destroy a credit card with nothing but your hands?

Im not saying its impossible but I think it highly unlikely for someone as physically small as AJ.

For comparison, I am 5'8 and 215 lbs, most of it muscle.

I just took a temporary debit debit card I had in one of my drawers and tried to destroy it.

The results? It took me bending the card in half and then back and forth 53 times before I could rip it in half.

Didnt the first piece of the card that was found have her name on it? Or at least part of her name?

That would be even harder because she'd have to fold it in half horizontally.

All that bending would leave a ton of fingerprints as well IMO.

Im guessing that the card was either cut with a knife or a pair of a scissors.Both of of which would leave a straight cut instead of a ragged one like in my trial.

DSCF0954.jpg

Just issued on the 28th... How is it outstanding warrant if they have him in custody? Can't they just walk over to his cell and issue it to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The animal maiming charge? The warrant was issued yesterday(3/28/15). I has to be for punching the dog, as screwed up as everything is, I just can't imagine there was a different incident with an animal.

Just issued on the 28th... How is it outstanding warrant if they have him in custody? Can't they just walk over to his cell and issue it to him?

If I had to guess, they know they can take their time serving warrants to people already in custody. No need for someone to work OT to serve a warrant to someone in jail... I'd guess he'll be served Monday morning.

Ruby...that is an unconfirmed rumor. Mods had to go back and clean all that up. Let's not make them have to clean up more mess, or they might zap us with modly bolts of lightening. :)

I don't know about y'all but I swear sometimes Bessie can hear me typing...:slap:

There is no doubt in my mind that if there is actual video that the NPD thought contained footage of AJ entering the 7 eleven that it wasn't viewed by JH!

If I had to guess, they know they can take their time serving warrants to people already in custody. No need for someone to work OT to serve a warrant to someone in jail... I'd guess he'll be served Monday morning.

Just seems strange to me that they issue a warrant at all for someone in custody. He has already been arrested, they just need to add on the additional charge and inform him of it.

Granted, I am no expert in these matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member