VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning, I'm about to project my life experiences onto AJ! Just so you know in advance.

Here's is why I am currently leaning toward the Gone Girl scenario. I previously posted a few weeks back about my own situation with my parents' divorce and how I felt torn in the middle. There was a lot more to it. I ended up living with my father, but it was far from healthy. My father wanted to play "let's pretend" that he was not a divorced man with children, remarried. He wanted to place my step-mother and his relationship with her as his primary relationship. As a daughter, I felt that his primary allegiance should be to my sister and I. What was worse, she was actively out to get me and do whatever she could to further cause separation between my father and me. She was an all around horrible person, who in the end wound up pregnant with another man's child and my father raised that child until she was 2 and DNA tests showed the truth. So, I am not overblowing what was chaotic and awful.

Putting the new spouse relationship ahead of the children is not at all unusual. We see the terrible fruit of it every day in this forum. We know that JH and WH were having marital friction. Perhaps JH was waffling. Perhaps AJ was astounded it took JH so long to act. Whatever, I don't know, but maybe it was apparent to AJ that mom was not looking out for the other children in the way that she should have been. She's disgusted, has had enough, and knows she can solve her own problem and put her sisters into a better position to be protected by leaving. She knows WH history and has an idea of how to permanently get him out of her life and try to protect her sisters from WH and further chaos.

She knows she needs help, and she knows someone who will do anything for her, but would be unlikely to be JH and WH first instinct of who she might turn to. She contacts Texty, and he helps her get outta dodge because he likes her and is somewhat gullible. She gives him her phone, unlocked, so he can buy her some time. She cuts up the card and leaves it as a signal. She disposes of the clothing to frame WH. Texty leaves before everything really blows up, maybe even tosses the phone out a vehicle window.

WH, unexpectedly, does figure out Texty helped her. Because of his irrational behavior, this ends up doing more to cast suspicion and implicate him than anything AJ could do. He thought Texty had her phone and was searching for that. Instead he stumbles on a jacket that AJ may have left, or maybe wasn't even AJ's at all.

It is true that AJ has left her college behind, but it isn't that hard to get started again. There are a lot of options. I don't know if the full scholarship is factual. If it is not, leaving would be an additional kick in the teeth to her mom and WH on the financial front.

Where would AJ have gone? Anywhere she thinks might be the last place anyone would look, but she still had some kind of connection would be my bet. It is a big, bad world for such a young woman to be all on her own, so I think there would have to be a little bit of a connection. Not having a phone, she may not have great access to the internet. This case hasn't hit the national media too much, either, so she may not be aware of everything that has happened. She might be avoiding looking for news so that she isn't discovered. And we all know it is possible that she has fallen in harms way. But I think it is too early yet to give up hope.

WH has acted suspiciously, but I think a lot of that has been trying to cover for his drug habit, keep the marital nonsense under wraps, and hide his record. When he talks of wanting to find her, he seems believable to me.

I think my scenario fits and makes sense of a lot of the weirdness. I almost enacted this in my own life back then. I'm glad I did not because it would have been my own husband with the felonious restraint on his record, since he was of age then, and I was not. I was too fearful of the unknown, and I did not have a way to protect my sister, so in the end we did not leave.

I think in Colo, a warrant is issued if you fail to appear or meet your obligations, like failure to pay court costs, etc. And was the dog maimed?

The animal maiming charge? The warrant was issued yesterday(3/28/15). I has to be for punching the dog, as screwed up as everything is, I just can't imagine there was a different incident with an animal.

Cruelty to animals is one of the earmarks of a psychopathic personality.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/a-case-of-extreme-animal-cruelty-a-hallmark-of-psychopathy

http://www.livestrong.com/article/201884-signs-of-a-sociopath-in-children/

Even more troubling to me are the attempts by WH to justify his own lack of empathy on two separate occasions in the interview linked on the first page.

Other signs of psychopathy include:

1. Look for glib and superficial charm. A psychopath will also put on what professionals refer to as a "mask" of sanity that is likeable and pleasant. For example, the psychopath may do good deeds to gain his or her victims trust.

2. Look for a grandiose self perception. Psychopaths will often believe they are smarter or more powerful than they actually are.

3.Watch for a constant need for stimulation. Stillness, quiet and reflection are not things embraced by psychopaths. They need constant entertainment and activity.

4. Determine if there is pathological lying. A psychopath will tell all sorts of lies; little white lies as well as huge stories intended to mislead.

5.Evaluate the level of manipulation. All psychopaths are identified as cunning and able to get people to do things they might not normally do. They can use guilt, force and other methods to manipulate.

6. Look for any feelings of guilt. An absence of any guilt or remorse is a sign of psychopathy.

7. Consider the affect or emotional response a person has. Psychopaths demonstrate shallow emotional reactions to deaths, injuries, trauma or other events that would otherwise cause a deeper response.

8. Look for a lack of empathy. Psychopaths are callous and have no way of relating to non-psychopaths.

9. Take a look at the person's lifestyle. Psychopaths are often parasitic, meaning they live off other people.

10. Observe the person's behavior. The Hare Checklist includes three behavior indicators; poor behavior control, sexual promiscuity and early behavior problems. *** I would consider drug use to fall under this category.

11. Talk about goals. Psychopaths have unrealistic goals for the long term. Either there are no goals at all, or they are unattainable and based on the exaggerated sense of one's own accomplishments and abilities.

12. Look at whether the person is impulsive or irresponsible. Both those characteristics are evidence of psychopathy.

13.Consider whether the person can accept responsibility. A psychopath will never admit to being wrong or owning up to mistakes and errors in judgment.

14.Examine marital relationships. If there have been many short term marriages, the chances the person is a psychopath increase.

15.Look for a history of juvenile delinquency. Many psychopaths exhibit delinquent behaviors in their youth.

16.Check for criminal versatility. Psychopaths are able to get away with a lot, and while they might sometimes get caught, the ability to be flexible when committing crimes is an indicator.

17.Check out if a person makes constant use of "the poor fellow's imagery". Psychopaths are experts at manipulating our emotions and insecurities into causing us to view them as "poor injusticed fellows", thus lowering our sentimental guard and rendering us vulnerable for future exploitation. If this psychological resource is continually combined with unacceptable and evil actions, this equals to a powerful alert sign about this person's real nature

18.Pay extreme attention to the person's treatment towards others. Psychopaths are generally prone to belittle, humiliate, mistreat, mock and even attack physically (or kill, in extreme cases) people who normally would bring no benefits to him/her in any way, such as subordinates, physically frail or lower-ranking people, children, elderly people and even animals - especially the latter ones. Remember Arthur Schopenhauer's famous words: "A person who harms or kills animals cannot be a good person at all". Another relevant saying is Mahatma Gandhi's famous speech, "You know somebody well for their treatment towards their animals".

The preceding is sourced from http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-a-Psychopath and is based on the Hare Checklist for Psychopathy.

Could it have just died?

I doubt it. Doesn't matter though... the code I posted a link to above states that causing bodily injury is enough to warrant the charge. So, just punching the dog and admitting it on TV is enough.

Look at that checklist on post #428

I count 8 "ticks" just from one interview and the charge involving the dog....and I think thats being generous.

Also my apologies for posting the initials MH instead of WH. The last time I posted on WS we were discussing the Hannah Graham case and it must still be on my mind.

I agree that it just does not look good with everything that has happened. Especially with WH and the fact he is in jail with no bond, the drugs, the ammo, the cut up credit card, jacket, clothes found, etc....but there have been cases like Sahray Barber. Until proven otherwise there is maybe a little glimmer of hope for AJ.

This post really struck me and I would like to share my personal experience.

I actually had a lot in common with AJ as a college freshman: excellent student, recipient of two academic scholarships that covered everything but books and food (more on those in a second), accepted to the Honors program at my chosen school, and recipient of a small scholarship to run cross country and track & field (remember the books and food??? ;) ). I also had a girlfriend of two years, and I had chosen a local-ish school to be closer to her. From the outside, my life appeared to be completely on-track. Amazing, even.

However, I had never been away from home before, and though my home life was much more stable than AJ's appears to be, I did have some issues/conflict with my step-father. I enjoyed my involvement with athletics, but I quickly realized that I was very low on the totem pole regarding talent level, which was a rude awakening, having been one of the best runners on the team all four years of high school. The romantic relationship began to unravel soon after I started school and it was devastating to me. As the year progressed, I sank deeper and deeper into depression, my grades began to slip, and I ultimately left school after the first year to regroup after losing my academic scholarships.

The thing is: NO ONE (roommate, friends, family), had ANY idea what was going on. I kept it all to myself (my acting background sure helped in this regard!) and essentially had a breakdown during a New Year's Eve party that finally brought some of it to light. I didn't walk out of my life, but I wanted to and THOUGHT about it constantly, and just couldn't gather the courage to go through with it.

I say this because both the Sahray Barber case and the HTG case show us that sometimes people can and will simply walk away, with no explanation, and with seemingly little or no available resources, if they determine to do so, and when all other indicators seem to give them a reason to stay. We humans can be amazingly adept at hiding who we really are and how we really feel, if need be.

I am torn in this case. A part of me hopes that AJ simply could not stand her situation ONE MORE SECOND, walked off, and is taking time to re-discover herself and heal. However, a larger part of me is hesitant to get my hopes up, because most of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance don't bode well for her being ok.

Ultimately, I am a glass-half-full kind of guy, so I can't help but to keep that little glimmer of hope going. So, I'm praying for you, AJ! I hope you are out there, find this thread, and find your way home (wherever that may be....)!

Just wanted to note the fact that a few more scenarios have popped up here that tend to give WH a bigger benefit of the doubt than before. Not by much, and not many, but the fact that it's happening is interesting to me. Pendulum reached maximum arc and coming back the other way? Or maybe just our minds trying to wrap around the idea that neither JH or WH can put together anything resembling a believable story....

I appreciate the continued brainstorming.

I'm glad to see him get the charge, but I seriously doubt it's about justice for that poor dog. I think they're going to throw everything they can at him to keep him locked up while the investigation continues.

I'm no legal expert but it appears it equates to this:
(a) For Class 1 misdemeanors, confinement in jail for not more than twelve months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/virginia-misdemeanor-crimes-class-and-sentences.htm

The charge:
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-144

Hopefully the dog did not die; if so, the crime becomes a felony.

honestly, even if someone had a scale, you wouldn't bring it to your hotel room with you unless you intended on using it in the very near future :-/ JMO

I hate it when I accidentally like a post that I disagree with [emoji21][emoji23]
Carry on. I'm way behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry if it's been posted: published today

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/2...y-student-father-was-seeking-to-impede-probe/

A Virginia prosecutor told a judge Friday the stepfather of a university student missing since March 2 was “seeking to impede” the police investigation into the woman's disappearance.

Police have accused Wesley Hadsell, 36, a convicted felon, of breaking into the home of a person Norfolk police questioned in the disappearance of his stepdaughter. Anjelica (AJ) Hadsell, 18, vanished nearly four weeks ago while home on spring break from freshman classes at Longwood University in Virginia.
[modsnip]

I hope this is OK to share (and it may have been way back on thread 1, I seem to recall) but maybe someone can post this and some info about her case to Blake or his people on Facebook? Maybe they can spread the word.

Video AJ took at Blake Shelton concert in 2013. The song is sadly fitting.
https://youtu.be/tZ4-ataz2vI

This made me cry. I'll think of that as AJ's song from now on. [emoji22]

honestly, even if someone had a scale, you wouldn't bring it to your hotel room with you unless you intended on using it in the very near future :-/ JMO

He may have brought all his illegal stuff along with him to the hotel when he split with the wife, whether he planned to use it or not.

I hate it when I accidentally like a post that I disagree with [emoji21][emoji23]
Carry on. I'm way behind.

Then click "Remove your thanks". It shows up in the Thanks section on the right side.

As a long-time vegan and frequent animal shelter volunteer, I say THANK YOU to the powers that be for not letting animal abuse be overlooked in this mess!

I'm having a hard time making myself believe or think that IF AJ left home in the early morning hours, that she would willingly go to WH's hotel versus someone in her close circle. IYKWIM

I'm having a hard time making myself believe or think that IF AJ left home in the early morning hours, that she would willingly go to WH's hotel versus someone in her close circle. IYKWIM

Unless mum called wes and asked him to look for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue