VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys IF AJ ran away and got money from WH and whatever, don't you think she'd contact LE/feel guilty about WH getting himself arrested to "find her"???

I come home from a day of awesome skiing to find myself completely lost... :scared: :facepalm:

my only problem with this is JH saying in the VERY beginning, that she believed AJ was "safe".... I can't see JH feeling AJ is "safe" if she thought AJ was kidnapped by drug connections.. I don't know. I can't see myself completely worrying everyone in my life by running away. I feel like I'd want to/have to tell someone...and even if not before, I think I'd want to reach out after leaving so that everyone at least knew I was safe...

While I don't think AJ is still missing by her own choice, I do know that sometimes teens honestly don't think they'll be missed all that much if they do just take off - or - they don't even care, they're just fed up with the crap (especially if "home" means ongoing dysfunctional tension that they can't deal with anymore).

It's entirely possible she did leave on her own, whether at 4:30 in the morning or at noon, we can't say. But wherever she went and whoever she met up with, I believe is the responsible person for her not coming back.

She didn't HAVE to go back to the drama show at all. She could have went back to school and focused on her own life, away from her home life. But we know she didn't do that.

guys IF AJ ran away and got money from WH and whatever, don't you think she'd contact LE/feel guilty about WH getting himself arrested to "find her"???

But what if her intention was to run away and then she was simply abducted by a random stranger on her way out of town? Stranger things have happened.

What I just can NOT comprehend is why it is so difficult to pin down the last time you see your daughter. There is a BIG difference between 4:30 am, 5:30 am and 7am. How can JH say three different times and NOT see why this is a problem for people?

Maybe she thought that LE wouldn't take it seriously if she had stormed out? That she'd get the (she's 18 and hasn't broken any laws speech) But rather everything was "hunky-dorey" and she just vanished? (So MUST be a problem)

Who knows with this group?

While I don't think AJ is still missing by her own choice, I do know that sometimes teens honestly don't think they'll be missed all that much if they do just take off - or - they don't even care, they're just fed up with the crap (especially if "home" means ongoing dysfunctional tension that they can't deal with anymore).

It's entirely possible she did leave on her own, whether at 4:30 in the morning or at noon, we can't say. But wherever she went and whoever she met up with, I believe is the responsible person for her not coming back.

She didn't HAVE to go back to the drama show at all. She could have went back to school and focused on her own life, away from her home life. But we know she didn't do that.

Exactly. Whether she left on her own, or didn't, she had absolutely NO reason to just walk away from her life. So something happened at some point. MOO

I swear I don't remember that walk being that long, but I concede to those whose memory is much fresher than mine. :)

Hey, Mountain-Kat, no offence here at all, whatsoever none, have no idea your age but if it's some years since you walked that route? Then at the time you'll of been chatting with your mates and time will have flown past, before you know it you're there ;)

Well, every darned thing in this case seems to be rumor... Everything that WH is saying... Everything the BAJH FB page is saying... Can we get some actual verified information from NPD?

This is like the most convoluted case in the history of the planet.

IF she did leave the house on her own accord, (especially at night) then literally ANYTHING could have happened to her at any time. It could be completely random.

Which confuses the holy heck out of me. Why wouldn't JH or WH or ANYONE say that?! Rather than have it look like an inside job.

We know WH and JH were not on good terms, and were likely not communicating well, so their stories not matching make some sense.

If AJ left at 4:30am and there is no 7am sighting, JH may have lied so she didn't have to explain the circumstances and become suspect, or because she knows AJ went to WH or another family member and is covering for them.

If AJ was seen at 7am by the sis, JH may have said they all saw her just to strengthen the sighting and to keep her younger daughter from being the last person to see AJ.

I think a lot of initial lying was to cover for the separation and WH's drug involvement. Now that he in in jail, telling the truth shouldn't be a problem, but I fear that JH feels she doesn't owe it to anyone or that it helps to make a statement as to those facts. For some reason, what time AJ was seen, exactly what she was wearing, and what may be missing from the home other than a bag and her phone, and whether she can be confirmed on video is something she and LE seem to think would compromise the investigation if it were known. The only case I've ever seen like this, in terms of parents and evidence, is Cassie Compton, and she still hasn't been found because of it.

I find the 200$ ("that she never asked for usually") very fishy. I just cant see him handing over 200$, especially after 100$ the previous week. Was WH super comfy financially? Yeah, I read that he was "generous" but that is sort of different. (imo). I'm very worried for this young woman.

Frisson what took YOU so long:seeya:

Love that you are here!!! As per usual I echo your thoughts!

My dearest Frisson, Fancy seeing you here. :loveyou:

Thanks for recommending AJ's case to work and follow. I'm really glad you did. From what I've learned about AJ this world will absolutely be a better place with her in it. Beautiful inside and out, bright-eyed, intelligent, hard-working, a young lady ready to take on the world with endless potential to do great things. Per her social media accounts I can also tell she has an excellent sense of humor. I say she has an excellent sense of humor because it is a lot like mine. :crazy:

Too many weeks have passed by without knowing where AJ is? How is AJ? I wish I lived local so I could volunteer to help in any way that would possibly bring her home. (Not that help is being asked for - it is very clear to me that is not needed and/or wanted) What I can and will do is continue to pray for her well being and I will continue to follow her case with the sincerest hope that it has a positive ending. It won't be difficult for me to follow this case because I think about her a lot. I also think about the verified insiders here that love AJ and are going through a horrific time; you're in my thoughts and prayers. #BringAJHome

Than You for that specific info Mermy. Very Helpful.

I do wonder if the NPD did or did not do quick search of the home, however. In most cases that I can think of here, of missing family members, the arriving cops do a quick, cursory search of the home and surrounding area. They do so because they want to see if there is an obvious crime scene, or an pver looked body, which does happen sometimes. The cops would also be able to see if someone left footprints or evidence of being a peeping Tom or a potential burglar, casing a home. A family member may not notice the same things.

For the sake of this post, I will reveal that my own personal experience with a runaway teen daughter lead me to 11 years of involvement with the non profit that I have referred to. Sequence of events: parent of *minor* teen who left home, volunteer, board member, and appointed ED. No need to go into further explanation. Just sharing as a means to convey that I have long-term knowledge not only professionally but also personally. :) (Thus my passion for the work I did do while connected to the non-profit.)

Just to give a few details: At the time that my youngest *minor* teen daughter (I have 2) left home, she had experienced some emotional turmoil during a one year period prior to her leaving. Her bio father (he and I had not been together for several years & he resided out of state) passed away. I moved with the girls from one part of the town where we had lived for several years to another part of town. As a result, it was a different school district. She still had contact and saw all the friends from the other neighborhood but felt like a fish out of water at the new school. Add in regular every day teen ups & downs. There was no substance abuse. No gang involvement. No juvenile delinquency. At the time, she had difficulty coping. She left. Something that I never expected to happen, not in a million, zillion years. It was a roller coaster ride I wanted to get OFF and I love roller coasters, LOL!

So, when I was in the position of having to contact police to file a missing person report (daughter), the responding officer did not at any time initiate a search within my home.

And, I'll note that throughout the years that I was connected to the non profit, I do not at all recall that an officer did a search within a home when responding to gather information for a report.

Now, regarding the AJ situation: in the days following the missing person report filed for AJ; if the NPD detectives determined that a search of her room was necessary they might have done so. But, again that particular detail is not publicly known.

I state "in the days following" because of what was initially reported via Wavy.

JH stated: “I do believe she is safe.”

And, this:

Mrs. Hadsell said the last time she heard from AJ was by text message at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. She said her daughter said she was fine, but that she was not ready to come home. Mrs. Hadsell isn’t sure if it was AJ or someone else on the other end of the phone.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

Also, the media report above states:

"Right now, Norfolk detectives say they have no reason to believe foul play is involved in Hadsell’s disappearance. However, they are still actively searching for her, and ask anyone with information about her whereabouts since Tuesday morning to call 757-664-7026."

Also contained in another media report was JH describing the messages received to her phone from AJ's phone as:

"The conversation, in my opinion, was kind of off. I can't be 100 percent sure I know that was my daughter I was texting. I know how she talks and I know the type of things she says," said Jennifer Hadsell.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/04/norfolk-police-searching-for-missing-teen/24410513/

I personally concluded that the situation had not immediately been determined to be a *emergency* situation because there was not only evidence that AJ had communicated with JH (text conversation) but that the text from AJ's phone stated that she was not ready to come home yet. And, it appears from what JH states that there was more than one text message. The public has only been aware of what was stated in the last message received.

I do not believe that the police would have become involved in a situation of trying to tell an 18 year old college student that she had to come home. Additionally, if there had actually been an occurrence of a conflict between a mother & daughter (example) and this was known by the responding officer at the time; this information would have been weighed in how exactly the report was going to be handled. Basically, no immediate red flags. And, at that point in time, well even at this point, there is no actual official proof that the public is aware of that those text message were not actually written and sent by AJ herself.

So, I conclude that there most likely was not any alarming reason for the responding officer to feel there was foul play involved and therefore a request to search anywhere within the home was not necessary.

Again, I was not present. But, I highly doubt it.

Now, I'll repeat myself that it could be possible that some level of a search at the Tarrallton home has taken place in the last week or so. Something that has not been released to the public.

I'm ending here in order to save you all from reading a book! :) I hope what I've written is clear. :)

*Note: my youngest daughter is fine and quite well :)

It seems like every time that WH gave an exclusive interview it was to cover things that LE has found out about but didn't let the public know.

Now he has a 2nd phone

He personally got the tip about clothing

He last seen her after 7am

He lives in a hotel

He did break into a house where a jacket was found

He stared at her for a half hour while giving her money

He does have a gun but you wont find it statement

My neighbor remembers seeing a white car 1 minute after seeing the truck

My brother took pictures of the found card before LE

My brother does have a white car

I am trying to find my missing daughter; but yes that coke and scale is mine

Your donations will help with volunteer searches but yes that coke residue and scale is mine

Oh she sent me a text with a emoij

I cant forget. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Hey, Mountain-Kat, no offence here at all, whatsoever none, have no idea your age but if it's some years since you walked that route? Then at the time you'll of been chatting with your mates and time will have flown past, before you know it you're there ;)

Oh, definitely. Just a few minutes ago I said to Hubby that it didn't even take me 20 minutes to walk from Halprin to the 7-11 on Shore Drive where I worked in my late teens. Hubby replied, " WHAT?! You've lost your mind!" . Then I remembered how I used to beg the delivery guys for a ride home because it really WAS a long walk. :)

Well, every darned thing in this case seems to be rumor... Everything that WH is saying... Everything the BAJH FB page is saying... Can we get some actual verified information from NPD?

This is like the most convoluted case in the history of the planet.

IF she did leave the house on her own accord, (especially at night) then literally ANYTHING could have happened to her at any time. It could be completely random.

Which confuses the holy heck out of me. Why wouldn't JH or WH or ANYONE say that?! Rather than have it look like an inside job.

I think now we all understand why the Hadsell family just expected the public's help without being expected to disclose the facts.

As I've said before and WILL say again, I don't give a rat's butt what's going on in your home life, married life, work life, etc., if your kid is missing BE HONEST upfront and tell the police absolutely EVERYTHING. If hubby is a coke head, say it. If he doesn't like it that you've said that, too stinking bad. If you've had a fight with your kid, ADMIT it. If your kid took off at 2am, DON'T tell LE they left at 4:30pm because you're playing the CYA game.

If you're playing THAT game, your focus is on you, not your kid. And in this case, I think lots of the extended family and friends have been assisting the lies.

It's HIGH time they just all come clean, if they really want AJ to be found. Drop the crap, tell the truth and let's really bring AJ home. Amen?

Lastly, and with all due repect, I do not for a moment believe this family is capable of a long con that only Danny Ocean could pull off.

Please let me state that I am not at all alluding to that there is a *con* going on of any kind.

:)

my only problem with this is JH saying in the VERY beginning, that she believed AJ was "safe".... I can't see JH feeling AJ is "safe" if she thought AJ was kidnapped by drug connections.. I don't know. I can't see myself completely worrying everyone in my life by running away. I feel like I'd want to/have to tell someone...and even if not before, I think I'd want to reach out after leaving so that everyone at least knew I was safe...

Yep. This is why I think JH knows quite a bit more than she's letting on. Certainly not pointing a finger (yet), but among all the other "what the heck" facts, rumors, and innuendos, that particular fact coupled with her behavior shot up lots of red flags in my mind.

No. Think about it this way... we're outsiders looking in, and see the junk all over the place. AJ was actually living it. IF he actually did give her that money to bail, do I think she'd feel bad for letting him get thrown under the bus?

Not in a million years. IF she took the money and ran, she was looking out for herself. And who could blame her? I certainly don't.

For the sake of this post, I will reveal that my own personal experience with a runaway teen daughter lead me to 11 years of involvement with the non profit that I have referred to. Sequence of events: parent of *minor* teen who left home, volunteer, board member, and appointed ED. No need to go into further explanation. Just sharing as a means to convey that I have long-term knowledge not only professionally but also personally. :) (Thus my passion for the work I did do while connected to the non-profit.)

Just to give a few details: At the time that my youngest *minor* teen daughter (I have 2) left home, she had experienced some emotional turmoil during a one year period prior to her leaving. Her bio father (he and I had not been together for several years & he resided out of state) passed away. I moved with the girls from one part of the town where we had lived for several years to another part of town. As a result, it was a different school district. She still had contact and saw all the friends from the other neighborhood but felt like a fish out of water at the new school. Add in regular every day teen ups & downs. There was no substance abuse. No gang involvement. No juvenile delinquency. At the time, she had difficulty coping. She left. Something that I never expected to happen, not in a million, zillion years. It was a roller coaster ride I wanted to get OFF and I love roller coasters, LOL!

So, when I was in the position of having to contact police to file a missing person report (daughter), the responding officer did not at any time initiate a search within my home.

And, I'll note that throughout the years that I was connected to the non profit, I do not at all recall that an officer did a search within a home when responding to gather information for a report.

Now, regarding the AJ situation: in the days following the missing person report filed for AJ; if the NPD detectives determined that a search of her room was necessary they might have done so. But, again that particular detail is not publicly known.

I state "in the days following" because of what was initially reported via Wavy.

JH stated: “I do believe she is safe.”

And, this:

Mrs. Hadsell said the last time she heard from AJ was by text message at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. She said her daughter said she was fine, but that she was not ready to come home. Mrs. Hadsell isn’t sure if it was AJ or someone else on the other end of the phone.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

Also, the media report above states:

"Right now, Norfolk detectives say they have no reason to believe foul play is involved in Hadsell’s disappearance. However, they are still actively searching for her, and ask anyone with information about her whereabouts since Tuesday morning to call 757-664-7026."

Also contained in another media report was JH describing the messages received to her phone from AJ's phone as:

"The conversation, in my opinion, was kind of off. I can't be 100 percent sure I know that was my daughter I was texting. I know how she talks and I know the type of things she says," said Jennifer Hadsell.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/04/norfolk-police-searching-for-missing-teen/24410513/

I personally concluded that the situation had not immediately been determined to be a *emergency* situation because there was not only evidence that AJ had communicated with JH (text conversation) but that the text from AJ's phone stated that she was not ready to come home yet. And, it appears from what JH states that there was more than one text message. The public has only been aware of what was stated in the last message received.

I do not believe that the police would have become involved in a situation of trying to tell an 18 year old college student that she had to come home. Additionally, if there had actually been an occurrence of a conflict between a mother & daughter (example) and this was known by the responding officer at the time; this information would have been weighed in how exactly the report was going to be handled. Basically, no immediate red flags. And, at that point in time, well even at this point, there is no actual official proof that the public is aware of that those text message were not actually written and sent by AJ herself.

So, I conclude that there most likely was not any alarming reason for the responding officer to feel there was foul play involved and therefore a request to search anywhere within the home was not necessary.

Again, I was not present. But, I highly doubt it.

Now, I'll repeat myself that it could be possible that some level of a search at the Tarrallton home has taken place in the last week or so. Something that has not been released to the public.

I'm ending here in order to save you all from reading a book! :) I hope what I've written is clear. :)

*Note: my youngest daughter is fine and quite well :)

Best post of the day! Thank you for your insight, Mermy.

Please allow me to state that I hope with all my heart and soul that AJ is alive, well and absolutely safe!!!! Not something else!!

Although I post particular conclusions based upon both personal and prior professional experience, I do not know what her actual status is. And, I sincerely hope that the outcome of this situation is a very positive one and we learn that AJ was making decisions as an adult 18 year old for her own well-being!
I hope so too. Here's what causes me doubt: She's riding on a full scholarship in college and playing a sport she loves. Yet, she isn't in school anymore. I really believe if she left on her own accord she would have gone back to school.

I think now we all understand why the Hadsell family just expected the public's help without being expected to disclose the facts.

As I've said before and WILL say again, I don't give a rat's butt what's going on in your home life, married life, work life, etc., if your kid is missing BE HONEST upfront and tell the police absolutely EVERYTHING. If hubby is a coke head, say it. If he doesn't like it that you've said that, too stinking bad. If you've had a fight with your kid, ADMIT it. If your kid took off at 2am, DON'T tell LE they left at 4:30pm because you're playing the CYA game.

If you're playing THAT game, your focus is on you, not your kid. And in this case, I think lots of the extended family and friends have been assisting the lies.

It's HIGH time they just all come clean, if they really want AJ to be found. Drop the crap, tell the truth and let's really bring AJ home. Amen?

I agree. But i must admit that the family members who are trying to help may have been lied to at first as well. But besides that. Your comment is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove