VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wrote an essay about how AJ's case is not even remotely comparable to Sahray Barber or HTG, but in the end I just feel like more personal opinions and projection aren't going to help find AJ. I'll just say this instead - if police take the word of someone who files a MP report on someone 21 or younger as being "safe"and is lax in the initial stages of an investigation because of that prejudice, then they blew protocol and can be the reason someone dies. I do not believe for one second NPD took this report, shrugged, and went about their business until WH started talking to the press. Virginia has an adept police force from what I have observed - that part is JMO.

Spring Break was the week of the 2nd (2-6) so I am taking a wild guess that AJ came home Friday night Feb 27 or Saturday the 28th. We know she was there for the UFC fight Saturday evening.
http://www.longwood.edu/academicaffairs/49562.htm

So... the arrest warrant for hurting an animal. The punching of the dog happened 3+ weeks ago, and they're just now getting around to issuing a warrant for his arrest on that?

Makes me wonder if there were more recent developments (dog died, dog required urgent vet care, owners decided to press charges, etc.) since LE has known about it for weeks and never charged him earlier.

I just wrote an essay about how AJ's case is not even remotely comparable to Sahray Barber or HTG, but in the end I just feel like more personal opinions and projection aren't going to help find AJ. I'll just say this instead - if police take the word of someone who files a MP report on someone 21 or younger as being "safe"and is lax in the initial stages of an investigation because of that prejudice, then they blew protocol and can be the reason someone dies. I do not believe for one second NPD took this report, shrugged, and went about their business until WH started talking to the press. Virginia has an adept police force from what I have observed - that part is JMO.

Spring Break was the week of the 2nd (2-6) so I am taking a wild guess that AJ came home Friday night Feb 27 or Saturday the 28th. We know she was there for the UFC fight Saturday evening.
http://www.longwood.edu/academicaffairs/49562.htm

This has me thinking:

Anjelica⚾ @anjelicamariee • Jan 17
I wanna go on a trip for spring break

Anjelica⚾ @anjelicamariee • Jan 17
I know it's kinda early, but spring break plans anyone?

https://twitter.com/anjelicamariee

We really shouldn't be questioning this out of respect for the employer, but there are work programs for felons and tax breaks for businesses that participate. I don't know if this business was one of them or not, but the bottom line is once a felon serves his time, he is absolved and has the right to try rebuilding his life, which means a chance at employment. I am certain I have had any number of felons work on my house, but it isn't my place to worry about them or judge them as long as they do good work. WH happens to be a totally loose cannon that has not been in an effective rehab program long enough. The failure is with the environment he grew up in that got him on that path, and then the institutions that are supposed to turn him around.

IMO...If I hire someone to come work on my home or need the cable company to send someone out, etc. I would fully expect them to make me aware if they are sending out an ex-con on some sort of work-rehab program. I am all for second and third chances but the homeowner should be informed. I too would be upset by the eyelid tattoo's. (I had a previous bad experience with someone with that type tattoo that I talked about in a previous post)

Where is AJ?

First line says it all, IMO.

A Virginia prosecutor told a judge Friday the stepfather of a university student missing since March 2 was “seeking to impede” the police investigation into the woman's disappearance.

Why would a loving, caring, concerned father "seek to impede" the police investigation, if he had nothing to hide.

It is somewhat concerning to me how many people are missing that point. Homicide detectives wont ask for a warrant into your hotel room, unless of course you are "seeking to impede."

While I'm the last person here to take up for WH, "seeking to impede" can also simply mean "he's being an idiot, doing things his own way, interfering with our investigation and we want him out of our way". Loads of reasons he could be doing it...

Genuinely had nothing to do with her disappearance & wants to find her HIS way
Hiding things because he does know what happened
Covering up for whoever else knows what happened

Pick one, pick them all, add your own. With the overwhelming lack of verified information, it's sort of impossible to really get a bead on this case now.

So... the arrest warrant for hurting an animal. The punching of the dog happened 3+ weeks ago, and they're just now getting around to issuing a warrant for his arrest on that?

Makes me wonder if there were more recent developments (dog died, dog required urgent vet care, owners decided to press charges, etc.) since LE has known about it for weeks and never charged him earlier.

Where was it stated that LE has known about him "punching the dog" for weeks? Did WH publicly confess to b&e and punching the dog prior to his arrest?
I guess I missed that. I'm way behind on news reports and the thread and I'm trying to catch up.
I think the owners had no idea, because the dog can't talk and say mama the bad man who broke in here punched me in the head.
But after WH was arrested for the b&e (on the 21st) and confessed during an on air interview (last monday) to punching the dog, the owners became aware of it and decided to press charges.

While I'm the last person here to take up for WH, "seeking to impede" can also simply mean "he's being an idiot, doing things his own way, interfering with our investigation and we want him out of our way". Loads of reasons he could be doing it...

Genuinely had nothing to do with her disappearance & wants to find her HIS way
Hiding things because he does know what happened
Covering up for whoever else knows what happened

Pick one, pick them all, add your own. With the overwhelming lack of verified information, it's sort of impossible to really get a bead on this case now.

I agree that the info in this case is fubar. Up is down and black is white seemingly. But I took a step back to try to explain away what WH did according to his charges.

If he had only broken in to search the home I might have more faith that he is just an overzealous father. Actually I feel like his criminal history and drug use would help to explain why he made that choice. But...BUT...the four obstruction charges are the issue for me. Norfolk PD allege that he was threatening those who knew about his break in. If she ran away for whatever reason...or you do not know anything about who took her...why do that? And these weren't just threats. People were afraid for their lives.

"Prosecutors argued the four people who felt threatened would fear for their life if Hadsell was released from jail." http://wavy.com/2015/03/27/missing-teens-father-to-stay-in-jail/

IMO...If I hire someone to come work on my home or need the cable company to send someone out, etc. I would fully expect them to make me aware if they are sending out an ex-con on some sort of work-rehab program. I am all for second and third chances but the homeowner should be informed. I too would be upset by the eyelid tattoo's. (I had a previous bad experience with someone with that type tattoo that I talked about in a previous post)

Where is AJ?
To quote myself and add onto it.....I wonder if there are any legal ramifications of a trade (plumbing, electrical, contractors) business sending an ex-con into someones home? I have huge dogs that do intimidate anyone who they don't know but I am still cautious about letting strangers into my home. Years ago in another home I had a tiny (purse) dog and a plumber came and the dog went insane. I was terrified but let him in anyway...it all went fine but if my dogs now raised their hair I would slam the door and not let them in.
Back to WH, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but he is making it difficult. And I personally don't understand JH's actions. My kids (over 18 but young) are so important to me....I would beg the press to tell all my faults if it got their pics out to everyone to look for them.

O/T kinda of_

Fox news just had Mark Furman on to discuss the latest on the college student missing from Minneapolis. Isn't it funny none of those guys have commented on AJ's case? I sure wish they would.

I am really thinking she borrowed money to go somewhere and left with the person or the ppl in the white car.
She maybe lied to WH saying she needed the money to buy a BD pres.

Maybe now she is afraid to come home.

she could have argued with MOM because she wanted to go and mom said no.
She went anyway.
This might be why mom is so quiet.

Why would a loving, caring, concerned father "seek to impede" the police investigation, if he had nothing to hide.

RSBM. We all know he had plenty he thought he should hide: separation, drug use, felony record. That leads to the probability he had something to do with AJ disappearing. But we do not have any concrete evidence that he did, in fact. These are also exactly the reasons AJ *may have* concluded on her own to leave the situation.

Jumping off this 'what if she took that $200 and went on a spring break trip'. If this is the case and she comes home safely, would she and/or her folks be on the hook for $$$ spent by the county/state to search for her and investigate? Maybe someone knows where she is and is hoping the whole thing just fades away so they don't have to foot the bill. I don't know...I'm not super familiar with how that works (having to reimburse).

Coming out of lurk mode to just throw something out there that I haven't seen discussed yet as a possibility.

Possible pregnancy?
$200 for money towards abortion? NO idea how much they cost - just throwing this out there as to why she may need money and didn't ask her friends or mom.
Whose baby?

Maybe I missed this being discussed as I skimmed the first few threads and have only read the last few in detail.

Back into lurkville I go until I think of anything else. :) You guys are doing a great job with what little you have to go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper