Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a photo of her too but was also asked not to make it public. There is a blurry PM pic of her earlier in this thread (I think) and there's one somewhere on the Internet that you can find through Google Images. The artist rendering is a pretty good likeness of her, though. Glad to see that others are also working to ID our Christmas Tree Lady!

I forgot about the one posted in this thread. It's a picture of a picture, I think. Let me look for it...

Edit: Snuffamonbobball posted a pic of the pic in this thread on 10/04/2012. It's post #291.

I agree, the official version is very like her.

She looks very peaceful in the photo. I think she found what she wanted.

I am taking the LSAT this afternoon right across the street from Pleasant Valley Memorial Park.... It'll be hard to focus on the test knowing our Annandale JD hasn't been brought home yet!!!

astridxx, did you take that test in a white building kind of close to the street? Are there apartment buildings just down on the right from the cemetery? Is there some sort of old hospital with trees on the grounds just down from the apartment complex on the same side of the street from the cemetery? The reason I ask is because I think I remember the area. My interest is in the hospital if it was one. Somehow I seem to remember it had something to do with the VA.

I was re-reading through this thread and was wanting to get my bearings! Sorry for so many questions and quoting such an old post! TIA

astridxx, did you take that test in a white building kind of close to the street? Are there apartment buildings just down on the right from the cemetery? Is there some sort of old hospital with trees on the grounds just down from the apartment complex on the same side of the street from the cemetery? The reason I ask is because I think I remember the area. My interest is in the hospital if it was one. Somehow I seem to remember it had something to do with the VA.

I was re-reading through this thread and was wanting to get my bearings! Sorry for so many questions and quoting such an old post! TIA
You must be thinking of a completely different location. I live next door to the cemetery and the closest apts are about 3 miles away and the closest hospital is FFX in the "back" part of the neighborhood. No white buildings at NOVA either. I'm trying to think if there is any place in the area like you describe but can't think of any (there may be a similar place around here and if there is it will probably come to me in a day or two or when I can't sleep at night). I keep meaning to walk over and get some photos of the area but then sidetracked with other things and forget until I get a chance to get on here (which isn't very often).

Thanks, tschlottman! Doesn't 236 go into Fairfax? Isn't that Little River Turnpike? LOL, it's been years since I was in the area. My brother-in-law & sister in law lived in Annandale and his law office was in Fairfax.

Oh! And I thought the huge building was a hospital. It might not have been. I know where FFX is and I wasn't thinking of it.

Thanks!

Yes, it is Little River Tnpk. The cemetery is on the service road on the side opposite NOVA just east of Shelley Lane/Wakefield Chapel and is about 1.5 miles outside the Beltway (if I remember my distance correctly, I know it's between 1.5 to 2 miles). There is a bus stop directly in front of the cemetery and a church that is located on the side of it opposite the houses that is a little ways off 236. The cemetery is rather dark at night. For anyone who may be thinking of visiting it at night be sure to arrive before dark as the PD does patrol the cemetery at night due to an increase in kids going in there to deal/use drugs. I have lived here since 1985.

Oh! And I thought the huge building was a hospital. It might not have been. I know where FFX is and I wasn't thinking of it.

Thanks!
You may be thinking of FFX Hospital. It has condos next to it on one side and apartments/town homea on the other side. There is a large white house (I think they recently painted it blue) on Woodburn Road (near Gallows Road) in front of the hospital called Fairfax House which is used as a halfway house/transitional housing for patients from the Northern VA Mental Health Institute which is behind the hospital and there is also Woodburn Mental Health which is a brick building. As far as I know there are no cemeteries near the hospital in walking distance. You could walk to PVMP from the hospital, it would take about 30-40 minutes to do.

Thanks so much for your answer, tschlottman! I just thought I recalled a huge building down on the right thinking it was something to do with the VA. I am obviously wrong. I also thought there was some apartments (rather nice ones) down from the cemetery.

If there had been what I thought was the huge building, our Christmas Tree Lady may have worked there or lived in those apartments. I clutch at any straws I possibly can!

You must be thinking of a completely different location. I live next door to the cemetery and the closest apts are about 3 miles away and the closest hospital is FFX in the "back" part of the neighborhood. No white buildings at NOVA either. I'm trying to think if there is any place in the area like you describe but can't think of any (there may be a similar place around here and if there is it will probably come to me in a day or two or when I can't sleep at night). I keep meaning to walk over and get some photos of the area but then sidetracked with other things and forget until I get a chance to get on here (which isn't very often).

Thanks! I wrote the other post before completely reading this one. I know where you're talking about and it is close. My in-laws lived on Lorene Lane.

I appreciate your answers!

I do have one but it was given to me on the qualification that I not give it to anyone else.
I have a photo of her too but was also asked not to make it public...
I was told not to redistribute it...

RSBM.

Can y'all confirm the picture you have is the same as the picture posted earlier in the thread:

GRAPHIC, MORGUE PHOTO
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Penicillin-quot-Dec-96&p=8419265#post8419265

I mean, you might have an original and better quality, but is it the same "shot"? Just curious if another pic is out there. Thanks!

RSBM.

Can y'all confirm the picture you have is the same as the picture posted earlier in the thread:

GRAPHIC, MORGUE PHOTO
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Penicillin-quot-Dec-96&p=8419265#post8419265

I mean, you might have an original and better quality, but is it the same "shot"? Just curious if another pic is out there. Thanks!

I think it's the same pic; maybe from a very slightly different angle and less blurry. The only real difference between the photo and the sketch (besides the blood) is that she looks slightly puffier in the photo. But I think that's probably not indicative of how she appeared in life.

Sorry I can't share it. Just respecting the wishes of the person who sent it to me.

Hi. Glad to see people working on this case. Maybe you could contact CCM. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

Scratch that--wrong case. CCM was posting in Lyle Stevic's case. Sorry.

Thanks for all the replies, y'all!

I totally understand your positions - and I appreciate you letting me know (instead of just ignoring me! :D)

I think she was likely a nurse, or someone in health care. I think possibly her children are already deceased, which is why no one is looking for her. I don't think she's a local...

We have a chatroom currently on skype to chat about ideas. If you want to send me a PM, I can add you into it. :)

Hey Guys!

There is a radio journalist who is coming up to Northern Michigan tomorrow to interview me about the Michelle Garvey case, and to get information on my search methods as well as ideas for a new search tool (I think an improved NamUs database).

He would like to get some ideas from some of you as well. His hope is to record some of us solvers workshopping theories about a case and discussing ideas for updates to the new Search Tool. I haven't interacted with any of you on Skype before so I need to figure out how to do that. Can somebody here tell me how? Anyway, this would allow him to gather search ideas from numerous solvers as well as to record us discussing our theories of the case.

I wanted to invite anybody here who wants to to participate in this interview or to provide input about any improvements you would like to see to Namus to join us in this discussion. I'm not sure whether it will happen tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday. I will have to let you know after he gets here and we work out a time. I will post here again to let everyone know when the interview will take place. And feel free to throw out times that will work for you.

I hope to see some of you there! :)

Thanks.
PokyPuppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics