Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are they not releasing his name bc hes not an "official suspect?/POI?" I hope he isn't a minor...

it's very common for younger adults to live at home around here, especially ones that go to GMU - this is a very very expensive area to live in.

Here's another article that mentions that online activity- including FB- led family to delay in reporting her missing. So it sounds like this person was logging on to Bethany's facebook page and corresponding with family, purposefully acting like Bethany to throw family off.

The only reason anyone would do something like that, IMO, is if Bethany has been harmed, and the perp doesn't want the family to know she's missing.

Sounds like it may have worked.

More at link:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Sheriff-Looking-at--117492988.html

This case feels like there's a self-imposed gag order in place! Where are all of Bethany's friends? I don't understand why they haven't spoken to the media in addition to her mother? The best information we're getting isn't coming from the family or from LE, but from anonymous rumors being posted as comments on websites. Those comments have been more accurate than the media, the police and the family:

*The rumor mill in the comments section tipped us off to an estranged marriage, even as the police were still claiming Bethany's pregnancy was her husband's child.
*The rumor mill tipped us off to a "boyfriend" while law enforcement and family were still talking to the press as if Bethany's marriage was in tact, no boyfriend was in the picture
*The rumor mill tipped us off to the loud arguments between Bethany and her boyfriend leading up to her disappearance, and we no hear that he, not hubby, was the last person to see her alive.

Is it possible that Bethany's family didn't want the public to learn about Bethany's boyfriend (maybe they'd learned Bethany and hubby were reconciling, maybe it was denial, maybe it was fear that the disappearance wouldn't be taken as seriously if people thought it involved a love triangle), and maybe the two of them not only went to school together, but worked together too? That might explain why no one wanted to say where Bethany works... it might lead us directly to this boyfriend.

Another possibility is that perhaps the family doesn't want us to know where Bethany works because of the nature of the establishment. I know she worked at Texas de Brazil a while ago, but it wouldn't be strange if she'd since left that job (I think we confirmed she worked there 2 years ago, but haven't been able to confirm her employment more recently). Is it possible she was waiting tables at a gentleman's club (just an example), and her parents, again fearing public backlash or judgment, have decided against sharing that with us?

Here's another article that mentions that online activity- including FB- led family to delay in reporting her missing. So it sounds like this person was logging on to Bethany's facebook page and corresponding with family, purposefully acting like Bethany to throw family off.

The only reason anyone would do something like that, IMO, is if Bethany has been harmed, and the perp doesn't want the family to know she's missing.

Sounds like it may have worked.

More at link:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Sheriff-Looking-at--117492988.html

I guess that would explain why her family didn't report her missing. Sounds to me like it's the boyfriend.

it's very common for younger adults to live at home around here, especially ones that go to GMU - this is a very very expensive area to live in.

Yes, I lived at home when I went to GMU, though that was almost 20 years ago and it was a much smaller school with fewer dorms. Many of my friends lived at home too.

Has anyone found that Bethany was involved in Greek life on campus? I know that her husband was and it was fairly common, at GMU at least, for Greeks to run with Greeks and for certain sororities to be paired, unofficially, with certain fraternities.

I guess that would explain why her family didn't report her missing. Sounds to me like it's the boyfriend.

I agree. I kinda suspected the bf prior to this, but now I'm pretty sure (in my own world, anyway) that he had something to do with this. I have a tough time believing her husband was logging in to her FB account, posing as her, while overseas in Afghanistan.

This case feels like there's a self-imposed gag order in place! Where are all of Bethany's friends? I don't understand why they haven't spoken to the media in addition to her mother? The best information we're getting isn't coming from the family or from LE, but from anonymous rumors being posted as comments on websites. Those comments have been more accurate than the media, the police and the family:

*The rumor mill in the comments section tipped us off to an estranged marriage, even as the police were still claiming Bethany's pregnancy was her husband's child.
*The rumor mill tipped us off to a "boyfriend" while law enforcement and family were still talking to the press as if Bethany's marriage was in tact, no boyfriend was in the picture
*The rumor mill tipped us off to the loud arguments between Bethany and her boyfriend leading up to her disappearance, and we no hear that he, not hubby, was the last person to see her alive.

Is it possible that Bethany's family didn't want the public to learn about Bethany's boyfriend (maybe they'd learned Bethany and hubby were reconciling, maybe it was denial, maybe it was fear that the disappearance wouldn't be taken as seriously if people thought it involved a love triangle), and maybe the two of them not only went to school together, but worked together too? That might explain why no one wanted to say where Bethany works... it might lead us directly to this boyfriend.

Another possibility is that perhaps the family doesn't want us to know where Bethany works because of the nature of the establishment. I know she worked at Texas de Brazil a while ago, but it wouldn't be strange if she'd since left that job (I think we confirmed she worked there 2 years ago, but haven't been able to confirm her employment more recently). Is it possible she was waiting tables at a gentleman's club (just an example), and her parents, again fearing public backlash or judgment, have decided against sharing that with us?

Any or all of this could be true...also the family may not have wanted to be questioned too extensively as to why it took until Feb. 19th until they reported her missing. No matter how casual the contact usually was or was not, with a pregnant woman, this makes zero sense to me.

Glad this is getting clearer, just wish it was in the form of LE releasing a statement or holding a PC, ya know?! Still unclear though is her not being at the airport and family not being suspicious right then, unless it was planned. I guess it's moot, I just want to know. Still praying!

Glad this is getting clearer, just wish it was in the form of LE releasing a statement or holding a PC, ya know?! Still unclear though is her not being at the airport and family not being suspicious right then, unless it was planned. I guess it's moot, I just want to know. Still praying!

JMOO, but maybe they were not as suspicious because from appearances on her FB, she was still communicating with people.

On Nancy Grace they are saying that her bf was abusive and controlling. He would demand that she take pictures of herself and send them to him to prove that she was where she said she was when talking to him on the phone. BF sounds like a person with lots of problems.

On Nancy Grace they are saying that her bf was abusive and controlling. He would demand that she take pictures of herself and send them to him to prove that she was where she said she was when talking to him on the phone. BF sounds like a person with lots of problems.

They gave his name, too. Can't imagine the bf would be happy with Bethany going off on vacation with Mr. Decker.

NG soooo badly wants the perp to be the hubby. Wonder why?

According to a search warrant affidavit, the last person to see 21-year-old Bethany Anne Decker on Jan. 29 may not have been her husband, Emile Decker. It may have been the woman's boyfriend, RR, who lives at his mother's home in Centreville and who is the father of Bethany Decker's unborn child, according to court documents.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...sing-Pregnant-Womans-Boyfriend-117534789.html

Seriously? Is that really the guys name? Have they verified his identity?

You can scramble one name to spell the other name? Like if you named someone Heaven Nevaeh.... that is just weird.

There isn't many people with that name and a lot are in the Philippines, so if we got more information like an age it wouldn't be difficult to narrow it down.

Okay folks, we have a name :) Thank you for alerting about name - out of town so following mostly on phone. Now that he's been named, let the sleuthing begin!

Here's what I've found out so far:

It doesn't look like he goes to GMU, afterall. I did a people search on their website, and while Bethany comes up, "Ronald Roldan" does not.

It infuriates me that VA doesn't allow records to be public, btw. I've searched a bit. Seems based around Chantilly, VA. Nothing in Fairfax country property records with that last name, either.

No myspace either.... and he's not an RSO in the state of Virginia.

He lives in Centreville with his Mom... odds are good his Mom has a different last name.

The name is REALLY bothering me. My OCD cannot handle that.

Ronald... Roldan... Roland... any combination of those names shouldn't go together. Can you imagine if the poor kid who was named that ended up being dyslexic?! :banghead:

Okay folks, we have a name :) Thank you for alerting about name - out of town so following mostly on phone. Now that he's been named, let the sleuthing begin!

Here's what I've found out so far:

It doesn't look like he goes to GMU, afterall. I did a people search on their website, and while Bethany comes up, "Ronald Roldan" does not.

It infuriates me that VA doesn't allow records to be public, btw. I've searched a bit. Seems based around Chantilly, VA. Nothing in Fairfax country property records with that last name, either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C
Back