Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is just nothing, The last news article of interest was a week ago, some even 3rd March. Just so strange

That just made me so sad that Myspace page. It said Bethany hasnt been on here for an eternity, just sums it up really.

As far as some of you thinking the military may have requested the facebook page shutdown that is possible. My husband's unit HATES facebook and we have to be very careful as to what we put on our sites in regards to the military. IF the military had anything to do with the page being shut down it wouldn't be his unit or just the military in general though, but most likey someone like OSI who was actually performing an investigation.

Interesting timeline, at least we have one now (for the most part). I am most curious about her not being there to see her husband off. If this was prearranged, like she had to go to class since apparently she missed her first week, or what!? ETA: ok after reading the below article wich someone provided I can not say for sure if she missed her first week of classes. That article says the day before she went missing she was at her grandparents house. It doesn't say anything about being there for a week. I have also heard conflicting accounts on if her family was there seeing him off or not. Do we know where he left from?

http://www.leesburg2day.com/articles/2011/03/02/news/9256missing030211.txt

I have a different point of view but I do agree that facebook is the thorn in the side of many chain of commands.

Unless that facebook page was owned (created) by an active duty military member the military can't do squat about a facebook page whether they like it or not.

They certainly can not tell a civilian that their facebook page must be closed or taken down. Not going to happen. Military spouses post stuff that violates OPSEC everyday and the hands of the military are tied because those spouses are civilians. All they can do is ask their sponsors to ask the spouses to cut the carp before they get someone killed.

That is JMHO based on the experience of having been married to an active duty soldier for almost 2 decades.

Yes he is in Afghanistan. The whole facebook thing overseas really depends on the unit they are serving with over their and their mission. My husband is allowed more emails than calls but no facebook at all. All of his emails are checked before I actually get them and visa versa, they have the network set up that way and no they don't need to know our email addresses. They have their ways. So yeah, Emile could have access but he also could not have access and anything he does can one way or the other (either in real time or later) be checked because it isn't like it's his own little network he is using.

That's why I tell all the wives who mention sending nude photos of themselves or boobie shots that, more than likely, there will be a multitude of soldiers that will see your t*ts. If you don't care---have at it. But don't be suprised if someone gives you the ol' wink wink at the commissary while you are standing in line, because they won't have to undress you with their mind they will already know whatcha got under them clothes. :D

Caught up. Thanks Nellie for telling me about Bethany.

Persons of interest in my mind. (not named as such in the media)

1. Boyfriend.

2. Husband

3. A possible supervisor, co-worker or patron at the restaurant that she worked (which where she worked not being released is strange. Just that--strange. I don't read anything into it but---that's just really strange. It's only a restaurant).

4. Someone who lived in the apartment complex that took a liking to her.

5. Random stranger or a passing acquaintance.

In that order. JMHO after reading all of the posts here. Good job you all and thank you very much!

I have a different point of view but I do agree that facebook is the thorn in the side of many chain of commands.

Unless that facebook page was owned (created) by an active duty military member the military can't do squat about a facebook page whether they like it or not.

They certainly can not tell a civilian that their facebook page must be closed or taken down. Not going to happen. Military spouses post stuff that violates OPSEC everyday and the hands of the military are tied because those spouses are civilians. All they can do is ask their sponsors to ask the spouses to cut the carp before they get someone killed.

That is JMHO based on the experience of having been married to an active duty soldier for almost 2 decades.

No we are on the same page, I agree they can't do anything really to a civilian's website(s). I guess I just actually listen to what they tell me to do though haha, I'm a goody goody. ;)

That's why I tell all the wives who mention sending nude photos of themselves or boobie shots that, more than likely, there will be a multitude of soldiers that will see your t*ts. If you don't care---have at it. But don't be suprised if someone gives you the ol' wink wink at the commissary while you are standing in line, because they won't have to undress you with their mind they will already know whatcha got under them clothes. :D

:floorlaugh: that is so right!!

No new news that I can find on Bethany! :(

She must be about 7 months pregnant by now, if still alive :(

I live in Ashburn, VA. And there is nary a word about Bethany anywhere -- not on the local news -- barely in the local papers -- very little. Strange...

I live in Ashburn, VA. And there is nary a word about Bethany anywhere -- not on the local news -- barely in the local papers -- very little. Strange...

Virginia is mostly quiet on their cases. IMO.

Member JESSICAT found her info using maiden name Littlejohn.

DOB 5/13/89

Great job, Jessicat! I looked using Littlejohn on ancestry.com and found nothing... I'm so glad you found it! :rocker:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda73
Back