Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Says Nancy from her FB page: Urgent: The estranged husband and boyfriend of a missing pregnant Army wife both reportedly named persons of interest in the case! Are police closer to solving the disappearance of Bethany Decker?

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

BUT, I found this too dated today: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/no-foul-play-found-in-search-for-va-woman-police/2011/03/24/AB1hP9NB_blog.html

"Authorities have conducted numerous searches and dozens of interviews in their investigation into the disappearance of a 21-year-old pregnant Ashburn woman, the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday, but they say they have yet to find signs of foul play."

I cannot believe that Bethany has not been found yet. I thought this case would be solved by now :(

Please let her be found soon!

On NG now - glad husband is back in US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um...I just heard NG say that LE is considering a THIRD party for paternity??? Oh my. First i've heard of this.

The BF's cell showed that Bethany had to tell him everywhere she went. Sounds pretty abusive to me! :(

I think computer usage will point to the guilty party, once they have those records, but that may or may not help to find Bethany.

The BF's cell showed that Bethany had to tell him everywhere she went. Sounds pretty abusive to me! :(

Also sounds as if he would have been calling everyday to find out where she was and freaking out about not hearing anything. Even reporting her missing if it went on to long. JMO

Investigators continue search for missing pregnant woman

With the help of the Army, Emile Decker has been brought back to Ashburn to help authorities with the investigation. The Loudoun County's Sheriff's Office says he is fully cooperating.

The office has also named Ronald Roldan a person of interest in Decker's disappearance.

Investigators say Roldan has stopped answering questions.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2317834

Husband, boyfriend of missing pregnant woman questioned

Authorities are naming Bethany A. Decker's husband and boyfriend as "people of interest" in the investigation into the pregnant Army wife's disappearance.

"A person of interest is someone we wanted to talk to, it's a person who had some information,"
DiBenedetto said.

Decker is five to six months pregnant, and authorities had identified Roldan as the baby's father.

But DiBenedetto said Thursday that Emile Decker was home from Afghanistan at the beginning of October, when Bethany would have become pregnant, and investigators don't know who the father is.

DiBenedetto said authorities had previously believed Emile Decker wasn't in the country at the time.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local...ssing-pregnant-woman-questioned#ixzz1HaTb4jtt

Deputies Search Near Bethany Decker's Home

No obvious clues or evidence was recovered,
but Capt. Ken Pratt, of the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, said deputies did find some things worth checking out further.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Deputies-Search-Near-Bethany-Deckers-Home-118622839.html

Forensic Examination Being Conducted In Search For Bethany Anne Decker

But on Thursday, Sheriff Steve Simpson indicated the lead they believe will help them solve the case may be closely guarded by one of the many people they've interviewed.

"Some are cooperative some are not,"
he said. "We feel we've probably interviewed folks in this investigation that probably have information we'd like to have but have been reluctant to hand that information over yet."

http://wusa9.com/news/article/143094/373/Bethany-Anne-Decker-Mystery-Continues

No Leads In Case Of Missing Woman; Investigators Still Searching

Besides Roldan, no one new has been identified as a person of interest.

Decker's case is still being ruled a missing person's case, as investigators have uncovered no evidence that indicates foul play in her disappearance.

"Until we know what we have we are not officially clearing anyone,"
sheriff's office spokesperson Vince DiBenedetto said. "That is not a word we are using on anyone or anything. We are not officially listing anyone as a suspect and we are not clearing anyone."

http://www.leesburg2day.com/articles/2011/03/23/news/9214decker032311.txt

Many thanks MsFacetious for all of those tidbits of news!

I can see how Bethany may have told people it was the BF's baby if he was controlling to avoid a potential fight with him by admitting that she and Emile were also having relations. KWIM? If BF was tracking her movements and obsessive, he probably wouldn't have been too happy to know that Bethany was pregnant with Emile's baby.

Them allegedly naming both the husband and boyfriend as POI's made me think of something.

I don't think they actually believe they both had anything to do with it... I believe they just don't know who the father is. But I started thinking again of scenarios... boyfriend thinks she isn't with husband and flips when he finds out they went to Hawaii. Husband learns about boyfriend, says he will work things out and raise the baby no matter what and she tries to dump boyfriend.

Then I remembered a few of the couples I've known in the military. Some couples make the decision together, that the woman will date other men while the husband is away. It is a company, physical thing... not an emotional connection thing. They are okay with this decision and it is how they deal with the deployments.

Bethany's husband seems a bit too sensitive to be okay with that... but he also might be easier to convince to go along with it. Willing to do most anything to keep his wife?

That would open up the possibility of another guy as well. It also would explain why they went to Hawaii even though she had a boyfriend. They could have been happily married...

I wonder if an open relationship is a possibility here?

I have been following this case and lurking, however I have a strange feeling on this. Did the b/f and husband know each other? They both have no alibi, and they both did not report her missing. Does anyone else follow me here?

I have been following this case and lurking, however I have a strange feeling on this. Did the b/f and husband know each other? They both have no alibi, and they both did not report her missing. Does anyone else follow me here?

I've been only lurking in this thread and have been following this case too. And I had the same thoughts as you tbh.

If the boyfriend was not SO controlling, maybe. She had to photograph herself at Target and send the picture to him. He most certainly would have noticed her missing. I don't think he would have been comfortable with her stilling being with her husband.

If the husband had not been deployed, maybe. We don't know how often they talked while he was deployed. We don't know what the situation was when he left. Maybe they had decided to take a break and think about things for a few weeks.

Those two things put together... cause me to doubt the idea that they might both have knowledge.

I honestly think that the boyfriend would have lost it and killed both of them, if the two guys had originally been in on it together.

Anything is possible though.

Was anyone able to listen to BTHN tonight? I can't listen but would love to hear any pertinent info that was shared. TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back