Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope and pray that it is not her, Surfie!

I really hope the remains found in NC are not Bethany. It's a tragic discovery no matter who it is, though.

They should be able to tell if she was pregnant pretty easily... :(

I think by issuing the clothing description, this must be someone whose clothing was not known at time of disappearance, i.e someone like Bethany, as otherwise LE would probably have an idea, at least. And the shoes are notable, someone should come forward soon, either way.

They should be able to tell if she was pregnant pretty easily... :(

I agree. There also might be some info. they are not releasing in order to rule out tips that come in. I noted that on Bethany's Missing FB page, LE in NC has been informed of Bethany's case.

Samantha Clarke comes to mind (Orange, VA) - no one saw her leave or knew what she was wearing. We'll see. Thanks for posting.

Here's the thread for this poor girl found: NC NC - Charlotte - WhtOrHispFem in Woods Near Hwy21 & I-485 - VA Beach TeeShrt - Mar'11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is a link posted on the other thread by member Karl that includes just a tad more information: that the victim had long, dark hair.

http://lostnmissing.amplify.com/2011/03/19/update-photos-of-shoes-shirt-found-wit/

Does Samantha have straight dark hair, I can't remember.

Does Samantha have straight dark hair, I can't remember.

No, IIRC, she didn't have long hair. I'll check, brb.

ETA: Samantha has brown hair, but it's pretty light IMO. I'm going to look for the most recent pictures of her, but it doesn't seem likely.

Samantha does have dark hair, but also has several tattoos, which Le should be able to use to identify her, depending on condition of the remains.

Oh...would Bethany be skeletal already? :(

That's an excellent question. Does anyone actually know the last date she was seen? I think it has been established that someone was using her FB page. Also, IIRC, LE seized some receipts and some type of "tickets?" from the boyfriend's mother's home.

I don't think Bethany would be skeletal by now...? JMHO.

It was really cold when Bethany went missing. I remember just hating how cold it was. FWIW. I feel like LE would have checked with the "high profile" cases before asking for the public's help....also, if whomever this was went missing in colder weather, they could have been inside at the time of death. I guess it doesn't mean much (it does, but I mean a summer vs. winter disappearance). The shoes are summery, though, too. That along with the shirt is interesting. Those kind of shirts are found everywhere, though. I would guess a ton of gas stations, tourist shops, etc. I'm sure they can narrow it down, though. I hope this poor woman is identified.

ETA: looked back at my calendar and it snowed around that time. I believe it was the 26-27th (at least in central VA it snowed).

I don't think Bethany would be skeletal by now...? JMHO.

I don't think so either, Beli.

what about brittanee drexel? she's been missing for years but not sure if this is the same area.

what about brittanee drexel? she's been missing for years but not sure if this is the same area.

Those on Brittanee's forum did discuss this: I'm still trying to catch up - I remembered it had been posted.

It starts at post #304.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121547&highlight=drexel&page=13

LLLindsay posted an update and it seems the remains are from someone 20-40 years old, but of course that could be wrong. No more updates on the remains, but I'm guessing they would have compared dental to BD =(. http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/unidentified-female-northern-charlotte-nc/

Anyway, back to Bethany for me. I guess we won't know more for a bit.

Anyone who has been missing long enough for only skeletal remains to be found...and if LE does not have marching dental records...that is sad to think about as maybe she was never even reported missing. Or perhaps the jaw was not found or not intact?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back