Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article that came up an hour ago states "Bethany 's family thought it was unusual that she didn't go to the airport to see her husband off when he re-deployed on Feb. 2, just days after she was last seen."

Yet they wait 2.5 weeks?!

I know this is examiner but I believe we are allowed to post it as long as it's from Isabelle?!
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...old-pregnant-mason-university-student-missing

Yes, but the question is were they aware at the time that Bethany didn't go to the airport? Did they go to the airport or did Emile make them aware that she didn't go to the airport, when she didn't show up? Or did they find out after the fact, like after they hadn't heard from her in quite a while and contacted Emile?

Even Fort Belvoir? That is contradictory to what someone stated on the forum I posted, but they may have been incorrect.

I can only say what he told me, but he has been in the National Guard for 23 years so I trust him to know what he is is talking about (regarding the military, lol)

Yes, but the question is were they aware at the time that Bethany didn't go to the airport? Did they go to the airport or did Emile make them aware that she didn't go to the airport, when she didn't show up? Or did they find out after the fact, like after they hadn't heard from her in quite a while and contacted Emile?

The article states, as some others do as well, that some of her family was at the airport. Unfortunately thats all we have to go on until LE decided to confirm or deny information regarding his departure.

The article states, as some others do as well, that some of her family was at the airport. Unfortunately thats all we have to go on until LE decided to confirm or deny information regarding his departure.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information. Other articles say that they are unable to confirm that any of Bethany's family was at the airport. I guess we'll find out when LE discloses this information.

It doesn't sound to me like they believe the husband is involved. But, they could just be waiting to interview him in person.

Update:

The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says Emile Decker is cooperating with the investigation and arrangements are being made through the military for an electronic interview.

Earlier:

Investigators are asking the Army to allow Emile Decker to return home for more questioning.
Decker has contacted investigators by phone.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2291995

Decker also works as a waitress in a local restaurant, but neither investigators nor her family would say where she is employed.

Although he is stationed in Afghanistan, Emile Decker has been able to make contact with the sheriff's office twice so far, beginning at around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning.

The details of his conversation with investigators has not been released, but Capt. Kenneth Pratt said he is "very concerned" about his wife, her whereabouts, condition and the couple's unborn child.

Investigators are working with the U.S. Army to see if Decker can be brought home from Afghanistan to be interviewed and help with the investigation.

"We do believe he is shocked," Nelson said. "He feels quite helpless being so far away. He is wanting to be here."

Investigators would not comment definitively as to whether there were problems in the marriage, or whether anyone in the family had indicated there were, but noted there are stresses with a long-distance relationship and a new pregnancy.

http://www.leesburg2day.com/articles/2011/03/02/news/9256missing030211.txt

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/vir...-bethany-decker-calls-from-afghanistan-030211

Emile Pratt shipped out for Army service in Afghanistan a few days after the last known sighting of his wife. Investigators said the pair did live together in an apartment in Ashburn, Va., but that Emil might have been visiting friends for a time. Eviction papers are still hanging from the doorknob of the couple's apartment.

The college senior, who is also five months pregnant, was with her family on Christmas Day. That was the last time anyone in the family saw her.

It seems very odd that he would just ship out if he had not seen his wife in a few days, and not tell anyone she was missing?

What really troubles me is the moving/eviction thing...she didn't pack and plan where she was going to live next? And start classes while moving? Wish we knew more.

Army Husband of Missing Virginia Woman Agrees to Cooperate in Search

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/0...-woman-agrees-cooperate-search/#ixzz1FZSZUYr1

(ETA: I thought it may have new info but it doesn't appear to. I sometimes think the national media outlets lag behind the local ones...)

"Investigators say Bethany Decker, a student at George Mason University, was last seen by a friend at the couple's apartment in Ashburn, Va."

Wonder who this friend is?

I hope the friend was not the facebook friend,that was asked to take down the page as so not to mess up an investigation. That would be weird.

Someone correct me if I am wrong because I'm a tad confused.

The article saying that 'eviction papers' are still hanging on the doorknob bothers me. If the apartment was in the couples name and he came home in January, why was she not paying the rent? Where was the money for rent going?

If you are being 'evicted' that is usually for non-payment of rent. I doubt seriously the apt. complex is going to let her sign another lease when she wasn't paying her rent. Noone knew where she was going to live... Did her husband know she was being evicted? This is all very strange.

Eviction papers are still hanging from the doorknob of the couple's apartment.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/vir...-bethany-decker-calls-from-afghanistan-030211

From a couple of articles I have read, it hints that this pair may have been on the verge of separation, enstrangement.......I dont think all was well with this relationship, hence maybe no one thinking it too odd she wasnt at the airport. I;d say maybe they were fighting alot etc and even though they were doing things as a couple (ie hawaii) the family knew there were problems.

Until it is confirmed there is a boyfriend, which I am thinking there may be, hubby is no. 1 suspect to me.

Just before going to commercial, NG had a profiler weigh in. I agree with what she has to say- that the family's story isn't adding up. No one from Bethany's family spoke to her in more than 3 weeks, and not a single one of them raised any red flags. Sounds like she's gone "missing" before, and it obviously isn't out of the ordinary for her to go long periods of time without checking in with her family or son.

I'm concerned for the safety of this young woman... but I pray she just needed to get away- impending baby, college pressures, eviction, hubby overseas... it's a lot for one person to handle. Especially someone so young!

Read the lastest comment posted by: IfYouOnlyKnew @ 9:29pm today
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/03/bethany_anne_decker_five_month.php#more

Thanks Nandee63!

Okay I have seen more than one comment about that situation now and I have to say it fits with the lack of contact with her family recently, the fact that she didn't see hubby off, that she didn't pack to move, etc. It sounds like her husband is close with her family and she may have been being pressured by all to lose the (rumored) boyfriend.

Did she split to get away from that pressure or did the bf do something. He has been questioned so he hasn't disappeared. Is he hiding her or did he kill her?

I am afraid for her.

I have to say, the comment by IfYouOnlyKnew makes more sense than just about anything else I've read about this story. I wonder if the family has been told not to talk about the boyfriend (assuming he exists), or if they're just in denial? It seems they're quite enamored with hubby.

I quite agree CMac. Everything that the poster said makes sense. Her family also seems to be quite close to Emile, even under these circumstances. They know more than is being released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back