Found Deceased VA - Brent Gibson, 26, Roanoke County, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bring Brent Home

March 8
...It is important to remember that Brent was last seen leaving his place of employment. He was not actually seen at Roanoke River Outlook. His truck was found abandoned there and spotted later that afternoon, but at this point we don’t know if Brent or someone else drove the vehicle there. This is just one of the many questions we have.

In the comments, admins stated his truck was not dusted for fingerprints.
UGH! Why not?!? :rolleyes:

Can anyone think of cases where a phone, keys and belongings were left in a vehicle, and it ended up not being suicide? I want to be respectful and hopeful but it’s not looking good. If anyone can think of a case, it might give us something else to consider. I feel so bad for his family.

Can anyone think of cases where a phone, keys and belongings were left in a vehicle, and it ended up not being suicide? I want to be respectful and hopeful but it’s not looking good. If anyone can think of a case, it might give us something else to consider. I feel so bad for his family.

I agree this is not looking good.

There have been some homicide cases where that has happened. And while they are few and far between, there have been some cases where a person left an area and started a new life leaving behind all their ID, bank books, etc.

Unfortunately, there are a few I’m currently following now that the person’s keys & belongings were left in the vehicle, but they’re still missing (so the outcome is unknown as it is with this case). :(

Bring Brent Home

March 8, 2 hrs ago
The water level has dropped significantly in the last couple days making the search terrain easier to navigate. Drones and a swift water team will be on hand tomorrow to renew search efforts.
(Photos included of area with post)

Bring Brent Home

Under the March 8 post (about dropped water levels), someone asked what did Brent’s work surveillance show? Did it show him driving away in his truck?
Admin replied: It has not been reviewed.

There was a post on the Facebook page that it is only 6 miles from Brent’s place of employment to the overlook where his truck was found. It can’t be that hard to review traffic cameras and surveillance video in that area to see if Brent was actually driving his truck himself.

Has the surveillance from Brent’s employer not been reviewed or is it something that LE is currently unwilling to talk about?

‘I need to find him now.’ Search continues for man missing since March 3

Last Wednesday is the last time anyone reported seeing or hearing from 26-year-old Brent Gibson.

“I know he’s just another person, but he’s my person and I need him back, or I need to know that he’s okay,” said Dawn Eanes, Brent’s mom, through tears.

For the past week, Eanes, alongside Gibson’s dad, aunt, cousins, and friends, has gathered in a parking lot at the Roanoke River Overlook along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to help search, and to wait.

Volunteers, though, have come forward. The family estimates 150 people searched for Brent over the weekend.

As of Tuesday, Blue Ridge Parkway law enforcement remains the lead agency. They requested help from Roanoke County Fire and Rescue and drones have been in the air.

If you have any information about Gibson, call Parkway Dispatch at 828-298-2491.

There was a post on the Facebook page that it is only 6 miles from Brent’s place of employment to the overlook where his truck was found. It can’t be that hard to review traffic cameras and surveillance video in that area to see if Brent was actually driving his truck himself.

Has the surveillance from Brent’s employer not been reviewed or is it something that LE is currently unwilling to talk about?
Virginia is a state that does not record traffic camera images. Many don't.
Media FAQ - Newsroom | Virginia Department of Transportation

That does not mean they can't find other cameras but the VDOT ones are a dead end.

Bring Brent Home

Under the March 8 post (about dropped water levels), someone asked what did Brent’s work surveillance show? Did it show him driving away in his truck?
Admin replied: It has not been reviewed.

If this is still an accurate statement, how incredibly frustrating. How can LE even have taken a missing persons report, and not do IMO the most obvious first step - confirm of it was in fact him driving his truck away?? Sometimes the employers will even look and share at the request of the family, but I guess that will vary on their rules, access, etc. Hopefully LE has requested/seen this and just not stated anything yet in reference for whatever reason. If not then I feel like we are taking the long way. MOO IMO

Has anyone seen any comments/posts from Brent's employer or any co-workers? I'm certainly not blaming his employer or any co-workers, but it seems they'd be as curious as his family to know what happened to Brent. Why'd he leave work for lunch that day? Who else left work around the same time? Did Brent receive any visitors or calls that morning? Did anyone miss work that day or the next (besides Brent)? I think his family needs to hire a PI ASAP.

Also, an investigative question- If Brent was last seen at work, wouldn't local/county LE be in charge of the investigation rather than National Park Service? I know his truck was located in their jurisdiction, but there supposedly hasn't been any confirmation that Brent was ever there.

Also, an investigative question- If Brent was last seen at work, wouldn't local/county LE be in charge of the investigation rather than National Park Service? I know his truck was located in their jurisdiction, but there supposedly hasn't been any confirmation that Brent was ever there.

Snipped by me, and a general answer. Usually when there's more than one agency involved in a case, they'll get together and agree who's going to take the lead.

Might be the agency with the best resources, the one that can provide space to the investigative team, the one with the best information department to handle press conferences and such, the one with the DA trying to build a reputation, etc. etc. etc. Some areas have mutual aid compacts that specify who does what. Sometimes it's hierarchy--like the state police in some states take precedence over local authorities.

Often it's informal. Usually the other agencies will provide assistance. In a big case there can be a team of 20 or more people with different specialties and skills.

In this case, LE seems convinced he drove the truck there, and went into the water there, so from their point of view it's logical that the park service would be the lead agency.

I'm worried about Brent. It strikes me as odd that he left for work during lunch as the admin of the Bring Brent Home group, in a reply to a comment, has said that he usually doesn't leave for lunch and they're not sure why he did on the day he went missing. I wonder what his supervisor(s) and co-workers have to say about any employment issues/happenings recently. Of course, his disappearance could have nothing to do with work, but I'd be asking them questions about his behavior/work performance/demeanor/conversations, etc.

157533073_101738985325416_3932314086230933401_n.jpg

About:
This is the official page set up to bring awareness to missing 26-year-old Brent Gibson whose truck was found abandoned on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Bring Brent Home
@BringBrentHome
1 hr ago

We greatly appreciate the media coverage and interest in Brent’s disappearance, but it’s important for everyone to know that Brent was last seen leaving his place of employment. He was not actually seen at the Roanoke River Overlook. His truck was found abandoned there and spotted later that afternoon, but at this point we have no idea if Brent or someone else drove the vehicle there. This is one of many questions that need to be answered.

ETA flyer-
158560918_101743755324939_6304444199755841361_o.jpg
Is Brent married? The location his vehicle was found is concerning for obvious reasons. It also seems leaving his workplace in the middle of his shift and disappearing for seven days is very out of character for him :(

Has anyone seen any comments/posts from Brent's employer or any co-workers? I'm certainly not blaming his employer or any co-workers, but it seems they'd be as curious as his family to know what happened to Brent. Why'd he leave work for lunch that day? Who else left work around the same time? Did Brent receive any visitors or calls that morning? Did anyone miss work that day or the next (besides Brent)? I think his family needs to hire a PI ASAP.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author

Bring Brent Home
he usually doesn’t leave work during lunch and it’s unknown why he left on this day. He was reportedly acting normal earlier that morning. The overlook is about 6 miles from work. We wish we had more information we could give.

FWIW-Admin from Facebook page says Brent was reportedly acting normal the morning he left work.

Is Brent married? The location his vehicle was found is concerning for obvious reasons. It also seems leaving his workplace in the middle of his shift and disappearing for seven days is very out of character for him :(
Yes, there are wedding photos on his FB page, but I’m sensing a recent change in status. :-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back