GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe the photos are of the same guy. I bet they meant to release different photos of the second person. ATM is what I thought as well. This is so scary! How someone could overpower LE, assuming took him hostage, got his PIN number, and using the ATM. Wonder if the men knew Mr. Quick or it was random?

This is pretty scary. Looking at the photo of the suspect/suspects gives me the creeps. I'll bet you're right about pics being taken at an ATM, SuziQ.

I thought it was two different guys at first too, but it kind of looks like two different views of the same person. Could it be the way his head is angled in the one pic that makes it look like he has a 'stache? And it's the same exact shirt and hoodie in both pics; even the way the hoodie is positioned is the same. But the one guy looks bigger than the other one. It does say two men in the article, although I usually take what MSM says with a grain of salt.
I think you are right, :seeya:.

I just can't believe this. He is a family friend and I have known him all of my life. He is a wonderful, gentle and kind man.

FYI-Turtle Creek Apartments are just a mile from UVA. The complex itself is not the greatest of places. There are shady people who hang out there. I feel like he may have been jumped in the parking lot. It would not surprise me one bit.

I just can't get over this. :(

Sounds like LE is working this one hard - lets hope for a positive outcome.

Prayers to his family and friends.

IMO, the suspect pictures look like the same person.

Maybe suspects are brothers. Very large men.

I just can't believe this. He is a family friend and I have known him all of my life. He is a wonderful, gentle and kind man.

FYI-Turtle Creek Apartments are just a mile from UVA. The complex itself is not the greatest of places. There are shady people who hang out there. I feel like he may have been jumped in the parking lot. It would not surprise me one bit.

I just can't get over this. :(

I'm sorry you're going thru this!

This is so disturbing. As an experienced LE officer, this poor man must have been ambushed or overpowered. It's terrifying to think that trained LEO's aren't safe out there...where does that leave the rest of us?
I hope this officer will be found safe, though, sadly, I don't see this as very likely. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wtvr.com/2014/02/03/kevin-quick-missing/

"Virginia State Police and Waynesboro Police have called a 2 p.m. press conference to discuss their investigation into missing Waynesboro Police Department Reserve Unit Captain Kevin Quick.
CBS 6 plans to stream the press conference on WTVR.com."

From your link also:
State Police released photos of one of the men.
So it's the same person on both photos. But for whatever reason, LE didn't release a photo of the 2nd person.

Sounds like LE is working this one hard - lets hope for a positive outcome.

Prayers to his family and friends.

I'm sorry you're going thru this!

Thank you. I can't tell you how many people are absolutely sick over this. He is truly one of a kind and many, many people are missing him. Kevin lost his dad last May and his mom has not even recovered from that yet, so this has been terrible for her and the whole family.

I really hope there is some good news at the press conference.

Aww hugs Twinbaby! I've seen you on these cases but I'm sure you never thought you would be this close to one.

I think it is the same guy. The whole hoodie trying to hide his face is sketchy. This doesnt look good at all. :(

24620442_BG1.jpg

"Authorities have received several tips into the disappearance of Waynesboro Police Reservist Capt. Kevin W. Quick and are now tracking down the leads. Neither the missing 45-year-old Nelson County man, nor his silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner, has been found.
Police are also still looking for help identifying an individual shown in surveillance images who, along with a second man, may have information on Quick's disappearance."

"Quick's silver, 1999 Toyota 4Runner also appeared in photographs taken in Fork Union Friday and in the Manassas area Saturday, according to Virginia State Police. The vehicle has Virginia license plates 614-068 with the seal of the Commonwealth in the middle."

"According to State Police, extensive ground and air searches have been conducted since Saturday night in the areas of Afton and Albemarle.

VSP are leading the investigation, with assistance from the Nelson County Sheriff's Office, Albemarle County Police Department, Charlottesville Police Department and the Waynesboro Police Department.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Virginia State Police at #77 on a cell phone or at (434) 352-7128, or any one of the assisting agencies."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24620442/watch-live-vsp-update-on-missing-police-captain?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass&utm_content=buffer093e8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Thank you. I can't tell you how many people are absolutely sick over this. He is truly one of a kind and many, many people are missing him. Kevin lost his dad last May and his mom has not even recovered from that yet, so this has been terrible for her and the whole family.

I really hope there is some good news at the press conference.

Hugs to you Twinbabyg and all that know him. This is terrible. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back