VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police chief. I do believe him when he says
"We’ve followed the evidence from day one. It was very clear to us the evidence about what likely occurred has been very clear. There is little about this that has been mysterious."
I find him to be very straight forward. Maybe it's just me being hopeful. JMO
I really like this Chief too and have from the beginning. But I'm missing the evidence reveal. To me it seems like a huge mystery. Hoping for an arrest soon. I'm here only for Codi. He needs to be found and given justice for what he's been thru. Too many missing and murdered children. MO:(:(

It's just a weird feeling or attitude I have, but I haven't seen any new evidence. Actually, not much evidence at all, unless they are just not releasing it. No forensics, no sightings, no search results. Lots of rumors and hypothhesizing about the actors, but nothing about Codi.
I think it's important to remember that LE doesn't need to share the evidence they've collected with the public. At this point I'm going to take the chiefs statements as fact.

It's just a weird feeling or attitude I have, but I haven't seen any new evidence. Actually, not much evidence at all, unless they are just not releasing it. No forensics, no sightings, no search results. Lots of rumors and hypothhesizing about the actors, but nothing about Codi.

LE definitely doesn't tell the public everything they know. Doing so could jeopardize the collection of evidence (including a body) and the entire case. This guy seems to be very educated, and I have little doubt that he's intentionally keeping many details close to the vest. IMHO.

I'm waiting to see when MSM gives the contents of what was removed from the home during the search warrant. Somehow I think that tells LE exactly where and when Codi went missing and how.
JMO
Usually open cases have sealed search warrants, not available under FOIA.

We may not be privy to search warrants information, unless the father is charged with his disappearance/other. Don't believe this will be presented under the current child neglect charges.

I do believe LE knows CB is not will the living. I feel they have strong forensic evidence.

Moo...

From @Corrupted1967 's link above

“At this present time, I do not wish to take part in any telephone, television or social media interviews. My reluctance is based on the upcoming trial and the questions asked are questions that will be addressed in court. In addition, I have been advised by legal counsel not to address the public. However, I would like to speak to the support of the community. I sincerely appreciate all the volunteers, rescue workers, police, FBI, news reporters, the community at large, family, friends, and everyone who is showing love and support for Codi. It truly warms my heart. I am praying for the safe return of my baby boy, Codi. I hope the public and the community understand and respect my position during this tragic time.”
-------------------------------
I still think there is a lot we aren't being told in regards to mom. And while I will respect her position I absolutely do not understand it. I don't understand any of why she has, until now, chosen not to speak, nor why she has at this point decided to make this statement.

That said, I trust LE and if they say she's no longer a POI to them and their focus is Codi's dad I have to believe they know more than me. For some reason LE have been almost protective of her. They never released her name or any sort of details about her. That is unusual in my experience of case following. Even though I don't know those reasons I am convinced they have their reasons.

One week since Codi Bigsby, 4YO, was reported missing. Over the weekend, volunteers searched the woods near Codi’s house. Another group held a candlelight prayer. His dad, Cory, is expected in court Tuesday for a bond hearing. He is facing 7 counts of child neglect.
6:49 AM · Feb 7, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
Shortened and RBBM

I just had a thought. Likely y'all came to this conclusion already before me. lol

I'm thinking those 7 counts are actually 2 incidents? Are the counts per child, or per incident? This came to me when I was thinking about the fact there are 4 young children in the house (so leaving them alone once could equal 4 counts), and the remaining 3 counts to get to 7 are when Cory took Codi with him to meet up with the real estate agent, yet left the other 3 home alone. Originally I was thinking it was 7 different incidents but think I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what counts are made up of in a situation like this?

Talbot said he wants to reassure everyone they are still very dedicated to this investigation and finding Codi.

"We’ve followed the evidence from day one. It was very clear to us the evidence about what likely occurred has been very clear. There is little about this that has been mysterious."

BBM

I think they're just waiting to find the body before they file charges. :(

Shortened and RBBM

I just had a thought. Likely y'all came to this conclusion already before me. lol

I'm thinking those 7 counts are actually 2 incidents? Are the counts per child, or per incident? This came to me when I was thinking about the fact there are 4 young children in the house (so leaving them alone once could equal 4 counts), and the remaining 3 counts to get to 7 are when Cory took Codi with him to meet up with the real estate agent, yet left the other 3 home alone. Originally I was thinking it was 7 different incidents but think I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what counts are made up of in a situation like this?
Cory Bigsby arrested on child neglect charges: police | 13newsnow.com It’s in there 3 counts in dec 4 in january

“At this present time, I do not wish to take part in any telephone, television or social media interviews. My reluctance is based on the upcoming trial and the questions asked are questions that will be addressed in court. In addition, I have been advised by legal counsel not to address the public. However, I would like to speak to the support of the community. I sincerely appreciate all the volunteers, rescue workers, police, FBI, news reporters, the community at large, family, friends, and everyone who is showing love and support for Codi. It truly warms my heart. I am praying for the safe return of my baby boy, Codi. I hope the public and the community understand and respect my position during this tragic time.”
I still think there is a lot we aren't being told in regards to mom. And while I will respect her position I absolutely do not understand it. I don't understand any of why she has, until now, chosen not to speak, nor why she has at this point decided to make this statement.

That said, I trust LE and if they say she's no longer a POI to them and their focus is Codi's dad I have to believe they know more than me. For some reason LE have been almost protective of her. They never released her name or any sort of details about her. That is unusual in my experience of case following. Even though I don't know those reasons I am convinced they have their reasons.
I'm with you on this. I get that mom's legal rep advised her to stay out of the public's eye and the media. But her comments about Codi seem a bit cold. All she said was:
I am praying for the safe return of my baby boy, Codi.

No sense of stress or urgency. IMO whoever wrote that statement for her messed up. It sounds like her first priority was to explain why she isn't speaking to the public and to thank the community and LE for caring. Then a simple comment that she's praying for Codi's return.

I dunno. Is it possible LE is keeping her identity on the down low because they need her to testify against Cory and his actions? Maybe she knows something critical about the days before Codi went missing? All MOO.

I agree about the odd way the victim's mother is seemingly being treated by LE. It reminds me of this current case:

Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

LE started out kind of questioning if the girl's mum was involved in the crime with the boyfriend----but then went to her defense, saying she was a victim as well, and began being protective of her....and I think they need her as a witness against him as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877