VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the odd way the victim's mother is seemingly being treated by LE. It reminds me of this current case:

Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

LE started out kind of questioning if the girl's mum was involved in the crime with the boyfriend----but then went to her defense, saying she was a victim as well, and began being protective of her....and I think they need her as a witness against him as well?
I think it’s because of domestic violence from before with codis dad . It’s awful how social was making her be a villain because of the story Cory’s family was spewing about her

I dunno. Is it possible LE is keeping her identity on the down low because they need her to testify against Cory and his actions? Maybe she knows something critical about the days before Codi went missing? All MOO.

Snipped by me. That's the impression I got from her statement. Especially this line: "My reluctance is based on the upcoming trial and the questions asked are questions that will be addressed in court."

I checked Hampton (and surrounding courts) civil court records, no divorce recorded. I did find a judgement for unpaid rent to Cambridge Apartments for 2018. Divorce is filed in the locality of residence.

Interesting she would offer to help him. Wondering if she and her children are receiving VA benefits? Children under 23 are eligible when attending school.
Virginia Courts Case Information

Moo....
Would he have had an honorable discharge? Is a vet eligible for pension if he receives a less than honorable (i.e., general/dishonorable) discharge? Does he have a pension? Is his “disability” income from the military or is it SSDI (maybe they’re the same?).

I’m trying to understand his income and how he affords what seems to be many children.

I haven't been tracking but he'd only get retirement benefits for health insurance and retirement pay if he did 20 years or more. If you leave the military before that you get nothing. I believe the retirement system has changed for the newer enlisted. They are going to a 401k type model. He's too old for that.

Complaints about inappropriate sexual conduct? I don't know what is available to be seen in that regard. If there is an unsubstantiated complaint I don't know if it would show. Convictions for violent crimes are required to be reported to the NCIC database by DoD.
It'd show in his records but wouldn't be a conviction.

From @Corrupted1967 's link above

“At this present time, I do not wish to take part in any telephone, television or social media interviews. My reluctance is based on the upcoming trial and the questions asked are questions that will be addressed in court. In addition, I have been advised by legal counsel not to address the public. However, I would like to speak to the support of the community. I sincerely appreciate all the volunteers, rescue workers, police, FBI, news reporters, the community at large, family, friends, and everyone who is showing love and support for Codi. It truly warms my heart. I am praying for the safe return of my baby boy, Codi. I hope the public and the community understand and respect my position during this tragic time.”
-------------------------------
I still think there is a lot we aren't being told in regards to mom. And while I will respect her position I absolutely do not understand it. I don't understand any of why she has, until now, chosen not to speak, nor why she has at this point decided to make this statement.

That said, I trust LE and if they say she's no longer a POI to them and their focus is Codi's dad I have to believe they know more than me. For some reason LE have been almost protective of her. They never released her name or any sort of details about her. That is unusual in my experience of case following. Even though I don't know those reasons I am convinced they have their reasons.
Well there may be some reasons and maybe not want to incriminate her ownself in any crimes they may find on her.

From @Corrupted1967 's link above

“At this present time, I do not wish to take part in any telephone, television or social media interviews. My reluctance is based on the upcoming trial and the questions asked are questions that will be addressed in court. In addition, I have been advised by legal counsel not to address the public. However, I would like to speak to the support of the community. I sincerely appreciate all the volunteers, rescue workers, police, FBI, news reporters, the community at large, family, friends, and everyone who is showing love and support for Codi. It truly warms my heart. I am praying for the safe return of my baby boy, Codi. I hope the public and the community understand and respect my position during this tragic time.”
-------------------------------
I still think there is a lot we aren't being told in regards to mom. And while I will respect her position I absolutely do not understand it. I don't understand any of why she has, until now, chosen not to speak, nor why she has at this point decided to make this statement.

That said, I trust LE and if they say she's no longer a POI to them and their focus is Codi's dad I have to believe they know more than me. For some reason LE have been almost protective of her. They never released her name or any sort of details about her. That is unusual in my experience of case following. Even though I don't know those reasons I am convinced they have their reasons.
I noted her reference to "the upcoming trial". That's a conclusive statement, so she must have information that leads to that certainty.

I agree it was odd not to name her. Makes me feel like she may be a DV victim? Didn't she refuse to testify in the charges from 2018 that were dropped?

I think it’s because of domestic violence from before with codis dad . It’s awful how social was making her be a villain because of the story Cory’s family was spewing about her

I don't have social media accounts, so I haven't read anything about her. I have wondered about her, though, since Cory was given custody of their four small children even though he had been accused of DV. The whole story will probably eventually come out in MSM.

FEB 10, 2022 - updated
Codi Bigsby case: ‘Evidence about what likely occurred has been very clear,’ police chief says | WAVY.com
[...]

On Wednesday night, Police Chief Mark Talbot, community members, search volunteers, and BLM757 activists addressed Hampton City Council during a scheduled meeting. Volunteers continue to search the Buckroe Pointe and Foxhill area after Hampton police wrapped up the command center last Friday.

[...]

“From the first minutes of the investigation, myself, the assistant chiefs, members of command staff, were at Codi Bigsby’s residence to see for ourselves what the evidence demonstrated. We have followed the evidence from day one. It was very clear to us, the evidence about what likely occurred has been very clear. There is little about this that has been mysterious. We certainly haven’t closed off our minds to other possibilities.”

[...]

MW [volunteer searcher] also read a statement that she said was from Codi’s aunt, Tandaleyia Butler.

“As Codi’s aunt, the first real question I have is where is the support from the elected officials of the city? I have traveled hundreds of miles back and forth to make efforts to bring my nephew home with absolutely no assistance from local officials. Our hearts are heavy. I particularly am outraged. I feel that law enforcement wasted time during the most crucial hours. I need to know why there was so much focus put on the father when that energy could have been put into locating the whereabouts of Codi. It saddens me to know that the disappearance of a 4-year-old child is not as important as playing the blame game.”

[...]

Community activists bring bullhorn to Hampton City Council meeting, demand answers about Codi Bigsby

FEB 10, 2022 - updated
Codi Bigsby case: ‘Evidence about what likely occurred has been very clear,’ police chief says | WAVY.com
[...]

On Wednesday night, Police Chief Mark Talbot, community members, search volunteers, and BLM757 activists addressed Hampton City Council during a scheduled meeting. Volunteers continue to search the Buckroe Pointe and Foxhill area after Hampton police wrapped up the command center last Friday.

[...]

“From the first minutes of the investigation, myself, the assistant chiefs, members of command staff, were at Codi Bigsby’s residence to see for ourselves what the evidence demonstrated. We have followed the evidence from day one. It was very clear to us, the evidence about what likely occurred has been very clear. There is little about this that has been mysterious. We certainly haven’t closed off our minds to other possibilities.”

[...]

MW [volunteer searcher] also read a statement that she said was from Codi’s aunt, Tandaleyia Butler.

“As Codi’s aunt, the first real question I have is where is the support from the elected officials of the city? I have traveled hundreds of miles back and forth to make efforts to bring my nephew home with absolutely no assistance from local officials. Our hearts are heavy. I particularly am outraged. I feel that law enforcement wasted time during the most crucial hours. I need to know why there was so much focus put on the father when that energy could have been put into locating the whereabouts of Codi. It saddens me to know that the disappearance of a 4-year-old child is not as important as playing the blame game.”

[...]

Community activists bring bullhorn to Hampton City Council meeting, demand answers about Codi Bigsby

BBM
Well Lady, perhaps it's because they believe that "playing the blame game" is what is most likely to help them find Codi. MOO

FEB 10, 2022 - updated
[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

Quit hassling and blaming everyone else and get that attorney you hired to get answers from CORY.
JMO

Could mom be military or otherwise not civilian and that’s why she is being treated differently by LE?
good thought. also if she is active military and a single parent, dont they have to ahve a "family care plan" for young children? when they split he may have used this against her in family court as well.

I haven't been tracking but he'd only get retirement benefits for health insurance and retirement pay if he did 20 years or more. If you leave the military before that you get nothing. I believe the retirement system has changed for the newer enlisted. They are going to a 401k type model. He's too old for that.
he did do 20 years.

good thought. also if she is active military and a single parent, dont they have to ahve a "family care plan" for young children? when they split he may have used this against her in family court as well.
I don't know anything about women in the military, but she has a 5 yr old, 4 year old, and 2 that are two years old. That's a lot of time being pregnant. Would she be able to maintain an active duty status? I don't know how that works in the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay