VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Community members tell 10 On Your Side’s Jon Dowding that a child’s jacket and tire tracks were seen on the ground near Codi Bigsby’s home. A woman was reportedly searching in the area when she came across the jacket.

Witnesses say it took several hours for the police to arrive on the scene.

When authorities arrived on the scene, they searched the area before using police tape to block it off. Forensics and K9 dogs later arrived on the scene.

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/hampton/hampton-police-on-scene-near-codi-bigsbys-house/

Waiting (and hoping) for news…

EBM: because I’m now concerned that the FB account in question is actually used by a minor.

If you go looking at POI social media you might want to watch out for that. Looks like it was CB’s (and the about/career/location info matches) but I think it’s actually used by a child.

Last edited:
Where is the water in relation to the apartment please? I’m looking at the map but I can’t pick out anything obvious in immediate vicinity…
There’s a rental office for the townhomes right behind that is a little bit of woods and then water , from the lives I watched today it’s really close to codis unit . The le also picked up something that was by the storm drain . They had a few evidence bags but we couldn’t see what they put in

There’s a rental office for the townhomes right behind that is a little bit of woods and then water , from the lives I watched today it’s really close to codis unit . The le also picked up something that was by the storm drain . They had a few evidence bags but we couldn’t see what they put in

Aha yes I see it now. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/jondowding?s=21#UPDATE After being out here for almost 2 hours, @HamptonVAPolice are taking crime scene tape down around where a jacket was found. @WAVY_News

So, sounds like the jacket that was found was unrelated to Codi.

Well, at least that's information that will help with ruling out clues.

So, sounds like the jacket that was found was unrelated to Codi.

Well, at least that's information that will help with ruling out clues.
Not necessarily. Bolded by me.

https://twitter.com/13AArintok

Hampton police took off tape behind the apt complex leasing office.

PIO: “We have responded out and collected the clothing item. It is unknown if it is the coat from Codi. No further information to give.

Onlookers tell us a woman had spotted a kid’s jacket earlier in the day.

https://twitter.com/JonDowding/status/1492669771745271809

Jon Dowding@JonDowding

"People on scene here told me a woman was back here searching this evening when she found the jacket. Other community members came here to wait with her for the police. They told me it took a couple hours before police got out here."
@WAVY_News8:19 PM · Feb 12, 2022 from Hampton, VA·Twitter for iPhone

Anything beyond a jacket found? Is it Codi's?
They found something by the storm drain and a few other things we couldnt see what . There was also tire tracks by the jacket. The whole area was covered in water when first searched 2 weeks agoLE were also in the water for about 30 min. Water rescue is going to that area tomorrow. Can we post waterrescue live feeds on here tomorrow ? I hate that no msm was there earlier to take pictures the jacket that was found it looks a lot like the one his brother was wearing . The woman that found the jacket to pictures and videos while waiting on le

From the link:

#BREAKING .@HamptonVAPolice are searching an area behind the apartments where #CodiBigsby was last seen. People on scene told me they found a child’s jacket and saw tire tracks in the ground. We’ll keep you updated when we learn more. @WAVY_News
FLcGzPaXIAE-Vz3
FLcGzPbWYAImSct
FLcGzPbWYAEGx-z

5:17 PM · Feb 12, 2022 from Hampton, VA·Twitter for iPhone
FLcMcSlWYAQLMWx

I agree. He looks very sad in almost all his photos. Noodling around, I found one where he looks about 2 years old and he's got a big grin on his face, but in all the others, and especially the most recent, he looks sad. That doesn't mean abuse, necessarily - this is a boy whose mom is gone. For whatever reason. Even if he were being treated well, he's a little boy without a mom.

Let's just let the mom out of it, shall we? The father is a POI, let's focus on him.

Let's just let the mom out of it, shall we? The father is a POI, let's focus on him.

That observation wasn't about the mother, or pointing fingers. That observation is about children who have suffered loss, and whether he looks sad because he's being abused, or whether he's sad because he's suffered loss. Children in excellent foster homes have the expression on their face that Codi has, and it doesn't mean they're being abused in their home.

No disrespect to his mother. This isn't about that. This is about whether you can look at those photos of him, and surmise he's being abused. I don't believe you can, although he certainly doesn't look happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay