VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pills being all over the car floor is even weirder than all that, I think. It is, ahem, my studied opinion that pill users don't treat their pills like that. They know what they have, how many, and where they are. Pills are hard to come by and there's quite a variety listed there. He may have culled them from various places in the house, both legit Rx's and others that Emma and Mel may have had. Then maybe in the car he dropped his entire stash? I don't know.... Certainly weird, though.

The pills being all over the car floor is even weirder than all that, I think. It is, ahem, my studied opinion that pill users don't treat their pills like that. They know what they have, how many, and where they are. Pills are hard to come by and there's quite a variety listed there. He may have culled them from various places in the house, both legit Rx's and others that Emma and Mel may have had. Then maybe in the car he dropped his entire stash? I don't know.... Certainly weird, though.

Thats an excellent point no pill user worth his salt would treat pills with such abuse, they do indeed know how many they have and where they are at all times so it is very strange.

No DL is probable cause to search vehicle so for some reason they either decided not to search or did search and pills werent there at that time. My guess is they didnt search, they let him walk and had the car towed and went back to their donuts.

Another horror movie cliche, the bumbling small town police officers, are featured in the movie The Last House on the Left.

I've only seen the 1972 version, but there is also a recent remake. FWIW.

:morbid sarcasm: I wonder why the press didn't pick up on the possible energy drink link, being that they found many empties.

Also, I noted they found no alcohol bottles . . .

Great point. Maybe he was trying to hastily throw them out the window (and missed) when he saw the cops approaching.

:morbid sarcasm: I wonder why the press didn't pick up on the possible energy drink link, being that they found many empties.

Also, I noted they found no alcohol bottles . . .

Yea that stuff is dangerous makes you deranged and super human almost.

heavy-weight.jpg

Honestly though I have never gotten in to that sort of thing never liked any type of caffeine much.

Would the car have been towed when Sam was found with it, but then searched sometime later after the murders were discovered? Maybe things got thrown around in the interim, spilling Sam's pills? Well, it probably doesn't matter, but anyway I'm pretty sure Emma or Mark or whoever is not who had them all strewn around. Those were with Sam.

Would the car have been towed when Sam was found with it, but then searched sometime later after the murders were discovered? Maybe things got thrown around in the interim, spilling Sam's pills? Well, it probably doesn't matter, but anyway I'm pretty sure Emma or Mark or whoever is not who had them all strewn around. Those were with Sam.

Thats a good question where was the car towed to after Sam wrecked it in the ditch? The pills had to have been in the car at the time it was towed since nobody was in the car after that incident. Maybe Sam went around culling pills from the house as you suggested to either calm himself down after the crimes or perhaps he was even considering a handful of mixed pills for suicidal purposes.

I wonder if he drove off into the woods because he was planning on taking a drug cocktail to kill himself . . .

Thats a good question where was the car towed to after Sam wrecked it in the ditch? The pills had to have been in the car at the time it was towed since nobody was in the car after that incident. Maybe Sam went around culling pills from the house as you suggested to either calm himself down after the crimes or perhaps he was even considering a handful of mixed pills for suicidal purposes.

Wow, great minds . . .

Just consider this a bit of stale candy corn:

Debra Kelley was an assistant professor of Criminal Justice at Longwood University. However the full title of the department is The Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminal Justice Studies. This department includes archeology. Over in the archeology group they do interesting things like excavating 1000 year old indian artifacts and civil war era slave cemeteries...

Horror movie cliche: disturbed Indian or voodoo/slave burial grounds. Check.

The only problem I have with this theory is that he didn't take the pills. It seems he was out there alone for a while.

Killing yourself isnt an easy decision though, he may have considered it, hence the pills, but backed out or wrecked the car before he could. But I do see your point, he had plenty of time out there to get it done if thats what he was there for and was the purpose of the trip...

I really dont know what to believe, obviously the attorney will rep her client and say good things but it sure seems like everyone is painting Sam as someone who really couldnt have done this and then you add in his calm and flippant behavior after his arrest and well, maybe Sam and his lawyer know something we dont. It is hard to imagine that he didnt commit these crimes but I think we are going to see a solid defense and a conviction may not be as easy as it first seems.

The way Sam acted and the things his lawyer is saying in addition to the comments by his sister that he was set up and we will all be surprised when the facts come out, all has me wondering if maybe we are jumping to conclusions too fast.

On the other hand, the police have seemingly not looked at or spoke to anyone else and it seems they feel its a simple open and shut case and Sam did it.

I don't think he was going to kill himself, he packed his bag with his SKR undies and headed out. There was something having to do with referencing the airport in the search warrant...thinking...a map, directions something like that. Course that could be for when they picked him up but locals wouldn't need that.

No matter what anyone thinks of Sam past or present, the news is that the 4 bodies were bludgeoned beyond recognition. He masacred them, violently. All you have to do is imagine the sound of young girls having their brains crushed to a pulp - sorry but I have to be graphic to get some people out of lala land - to realize there is a monster inside Sam McCroskey and it's a monster that horrorcore idolizes. Regardless of how nice a kid anyone thought he was, apparently they didn't know the part of him that could perpetrate such a hideous and graphically violent act.

Sam is culpable for this. I am not a court of law so I don't have to presume him innocent first, he was there and he hung around in the house with flies and rotting stinking decay until it was getting down to the wire and he was about to reach the end of casa de kelly stay. I still don't know what he was doing on Poorhouse (maybe the map in the house holds a clue) but he did kill these people and he will probably get the death penalty which is OK by me.

Hello, I just wanted to thank you all for your amazing detective work on this case. I am a former student of Dr. Kelly's, and I still reside w/in an hour of Farmville. This case has been so disturbing and very frustrating b/c we have not been able to get much information on what really happened. It is so hard to understand how this could have taken place. There are so many questions, and I truly hope w/ the indictments being handed down this week that this is the start of finding out what really happened. This case has haunted me and kept me up at night, as it has so many others in the Longwood/Southside VA community.

I just want to let you all know as well that even though Dr. Kelly is being criticized for what she let her daughter do, she was a wonderful person. She was an extremely popular professor at Longwood and was beloved by her students. My friend used to babysit Emma when she was about 6-7 years old and I remember her being on campus alot, such a sweet girl. My heart breaks when I think about what happened to them.

The only conclusion I can come to as to why she let Emma slip into all this is twofold. On one hand, she was trying to let Emma find her own way and be her friend (I am sure she felt guilt about her divorce), and on the other, she must have been studying the violence of horrorcore. She would have been your best poster on this forum-she loved criminal justice, and was instrumental in making it a major at Longwood. I of course can't say what happened, but I have not been able to shake that feeling from the beginning that she was studying the whole horrorcore scene on a academic level ie, sociology and violence. It is the only way I can figure this highly intelligent woman who loved her daughter would let this kind of thing get so close and into her home.

Anyways, your forum has been a wealth of information and I thank you all for your hard work!

OK - I just saw the video again where they are walking Sam into the building, where he's smiling and smirking a little...

What is on the side of his head?

Did he color just a patch of his hair on the left side of his head?

There is a patch that looks, to me, like something darker that is smeared, like blood, some kind of gunk, I don't know but you can see it in the booking photo too a little. It's darker than his hair and in an irregular shape. I'm grossed out.

Unfortunately I have Vista on this computer and can't run Photoshop and other graphics stuff or I'd post a video still.

I don't think he was going to kill himself, he packed his bag with his SKR undies and headed out. There was something having to do with referencing the airport in the search warrant...thinking...a map, directions something like that. Course that could be for when they picked him up but locals wouldn't need that.

No matter what anyone thinks of Sam past or present, the news is that the 4 bodies were bludgeoned beyond recognition. He masacred them, violently. All you have to do is imagine the sound of young girls having their brains crushed to a pulp - sorry but I have to be graphic to get some people out of lala land - to realize there is a monster inside Sam McCroskey and it's a monster that horrorcore idolizes. Regardless of how nice a kid anyone thought he was, apparently they didn't know the part of him that could perpetrate such a hideous and graphically violent act.

Sam is culpable for this. I am not a court of law so I don't have to presume him innocent first, he was there and he hung around in the house with flies and rotting stinking decay until it was getting down to the wire and he was about to reach the end of casa de kelly stay. I still don't know what he was doing on Poorhouse (maybe the map in the house holds a clue) but he did kill these people and he will probably get the death penalty which is OK by me.

I understand but I would need to see the evidence before I can say he is guilty and it really doesnt matter anyway, all that matters is if the state can prove it, if they cant then he should walk. Thats the way it is and the way it should be. As we stand Sam is innocent until the state proves otherwise, having went to law school many years back I learned the importance of the difference between someone committing a crime and the state's ability to prove such.

But even more interesting to me is how he can be such a nice young man to everyone who meets him and do something like this, its just beyond comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member