VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am pretty sure he's just going to give the presentation (or one very similar to it) that I linked earlier in this thread. Still it would be interesting to have someone on the ground there. Or maybe we can arrange to phone in some questions for him? lol probably not.
I plan to attend with my daughter...questions anyone?

I have an important question for everyone.

What would you be more apt to read and enjoy reading:

1) A non-fictional account of this story that only deals with the known facts of the case after the trial, the story of Sam and the victims lives, how they grew up and came to meet, their lifestyles and the horrorcore community they were involved in etc.

2) A fictional novel based on this case with all of the facts included but perhaps some added twists to make the story more complete and entertaining?

Some things that come to mind...

He's been lurking around town for a couple of weeks now. has he learned anything about the actual crime scene? I'd be interested if he actually knows anything about what happened there that we don't.

But I won't be surprised if he avoids specifics and gives something like his usual presentation with a dash of horrorcore.

Given his mention of dabbling, I'd be interested to hear him talk about the difference between kids that might say have some CDs with occult references or material in their collections and kids that are actually interested in occult practice or are listening to this sort of music 24x7. Also, some of this material is humorous and should not be taken seriously. Mar's School House Glock complete with the badly photoshoped gun on the cover just made me laugh out loud. Going back to my youth for example, Black Sabbath were never seriously interested in the occult, they took the name from a horror movie. By comparison Led Zeppelin, and in particular Jimmy Page, was in the deep end of the occult pool.

Here we are dealing with some material that despite the bad rhyming and low production values, does in fact contain some deeper occult teachings. Does he know anything more beyond the fact that an upside down cross or pentagram could be satanic? I've said it before, SickTanick's recordings are very possibly protected religious speech. Does Rimer recognize that the law actually protects this sort of expression?

I'd also be interested in any statements he makes about the prevalence of Satanic and occult practices among American youth.

#1: I am twisted in the fact that I can't read fiction. Somehow I consider it pure entertainment and I figure if I'm going to read I should be learning something, even if it is about true event that happened. I did read The Way of the Peaceful Warrior and The Celestine Prophecy though.

I dont really have any questions for Rimer but I am very interested in what he has to say and how it relates to the case. Let us know.

1) A non-fictional account of this story that only deals with the known facts of the case after the trial, the story of Sam and the victims lives, how they grew up and came to meet, their lifestyles and the horrorcore community they were involved in etc.

2) A fictional novel based on this case with all of the facts included but perhaps some added twists to make the story more complete and entertaining?

Nonfiction. You fictionalize when real life isn't riveting enough on its own. This story as fiction would be banal; this story as something that really happened--wooo-ooo-eee.

Take it from an editor. (And linguist. In case someone thought I'd just changed jobs there.)

I dont really have any questions for Rimer but I am very interested in what he has to say and how it relates to the case. Let us know.

I don't really have any interest in Rimer, but I am very interested in what Peace_gurl has to say about it all. :) Hurry back!

Peacegurl I will be interested to see how he advises parents to deal with teens who are dabbling - dealing with teens is pretty difficult when you try to change their minds about anything.

I would also ask him if he believes that eastern religion should be grouped in with the occult; with wiccans and satanists. I frankly think they need a color coding systme for some of this stuff like we had terrorist level alerts after 9/11. Red, Orange, Yellow...otherwise it's a parent-freak-out-at-everything lesson in how to make your teen think you're nuts. They already think us grown ups don't know anything.

Just a personal preference since I don't read too many novels recently though I might certainly read yours. I think a non-fiction article, especially if this goes to court and all the details come out or there are actually some more twists and turns, would be a compelling piece that a major mag. (you mentioned RS, no?) would definitely be interested in since it certainly overlays some compelling contemporary topics not the least of which is the personal networking websites angle plus the horrorcore angle.

RE: Rimer
I think everyone has stated my case against him eloquently. I checked him out when his name first emerged and looked over his material. The main problem is his method leads straight to witch hunts. Think West Memphis Three...The Bible and Christianity itself was once considered "occult" and there is much "occult" symbolism in the Bible. The cross itself is a symbol for a cube (six sides folded out).

Peacegurl I will be interested to see how he advises parents to deal with teens who are dabbling - dealing with teens is pretty difficult when you try to change their minds about anything.

I would also ask him if he believes that eastern religion should be grouped in with the occult; with wiccans and satanists. I frankly think they need a color coding systme for some of this stuff like we had terrorist level alerts after 9/11. Red, Orange, Yellow...otherwise it's a parent-freak-out-at-everything lesson in how to make your teen think you're nuts. They already think us grown ups don't know anything.
My daughter will be a teacher soon....I will be interested in her take on the 4 hour session

Some things that come to mind...

He's been lurking around town for a couple of weeks now. has he learned anything about the actual crime scene? I'd be interested if he actually knows anything about what happened there that we don't.

But I won't be surprised if he avoids specifics and gives something like his usual presentation with a dash of horrorcore.

Given his mention of dabbling, I'd be interested to hear him talk about the difference between kids that might say have some CDs with occult references or material in their collections and kids that are actually interested in occult practice or are listening to this sort of music 24x7. Also, some of this material is humorous and should not be taken seriously. Mar's School House Glock complete with the badly photoshoped gun on the cover just made me laugh out loud. Going back to my youth for example, Black Sabbath were never seriously interested in the occult, they took the name from a horror movie. By comparison Led Zeppelin, and in particular Jimmy Page, was in the deep end of the occult pool.

Here we are dealing with some material that despite the bad rhyming and low production values, does in fact contain some deeper occult teachings. Does he know anything more beyond the fact that an upside down cross or pentagram could be satanic? I've said it before, SickTanick's recordings are very possibly protected religious speech. Does Rimer recognize that the law actually protects this sort of expression?

I'd also be interested in any statements he makes about the prevalence of Satanic and occult practices among American youth.

Good questions.

1249993040_mars.jpg

Nonfiction. You fictionalize when real life isn't riveting enough on its own. This story as fiction would be banal; this story as something that really happened--wooo-ooo-eee.

Take it from an editor. (And linguist. In case someone thought I'd just changed jobs there.)

I agree, but with a fictional account one could throw in some very interesting and entertaining twists. However, I am not sure it really needs any more twists at this point.

CODE RED if your child starts speaking in tongues and saying the earth is only 3000 years old!

Mr Rimer my 16 year old son has been attending the corner church now for a year and I am QUITE CONCERNED as he has recently started saying very crazy things like the earth is only 3000 years old, the devil planted Lucy's bones in Africa and man once walked along side TRex. He also commonly speaks in tongues and claims some spirit is in control of his bodily functions when it appears he is having a seizure. Do you know anything about this evil religion that is leading my child astray Mr Rimer?!?!

RE: Rimer
I think everyone has stated my case against him eloquently. I checked him out when his name first emerged and looked over his material. The main problem is his method leads straight to witch hunts. Think West Memphis Three...The Bible and Christianity itself was once considered "occult" and there is much "occult" symbolism in the Bible. The cross itself is a symbol for a cube (six sides folded out).

See also Dali's Corpus Hypercubus.

Both! But I would lean a little bit more to #1.

SW #1 lists 3 paper towels with writing. IMO, the easiest thing to use to write on a paper towel would be a Sharpie. It's pretty easy to write on almost anything with a Sharpie.

I notice in SW #7 that "Airport address" is listed, which makes me think that Sam was trying to figure out a route to the airport. If he planned on taking a cab then he wouldn't need the address; he'd just tell the cabbie to take him to Richmond Airport.

He could have also used them to jot down song ideas, before they could escape him. I've done this many times... write down the ideas on whatever I can find.

He could have also used them to jot down song ideas, before they could escape him. I've done this many times... write down the ideas on whatever I can find.

Thats an interesting thought. Maybe Sam wrote some songs after the murders, I am sure the lyrics were flowing once he found out what maul+head equaled.:loser:

Although the prosecution probably has all they need, I'm thinking they will want to introduce Sam's music and his alter ego to go to state of mind or something. I analogize it to finding borderline child *advertiser censored* (as introduced in the Michael Jackson case) in mass quantity in the home of an alleged child sex offender. It could come in.

There is no insanity defense that will hold up, so I don't see how making Sam look like a lust-for-murder satanist can hurt - the jury will despise him. And they won't find it so hard to believe he would use a hammer and maul and do the hideous deed.

I holding out on the belief that Sam did something extra there with the bodies for all those days. When I think of Sharpie, I think of writing on people; on skin, or on walls. Have you never sharpied someone who passed out? Ok, you are a nicer person than I am. Why collect only sharpies? There was writing in the spiral notebook - they collected sketch books or something from a chest in Emma's room...I won't be shocked if Sam wrote weird stuff on the walls or on the bodies.

I'm going to take issue with a few of your conclusions here.

First, how is Sam's music to his case as child *advertiser censored* is to Michael Jacksons? Sam's music is legal. Child *advertiser censored* is illegal. Creating violent media is not necessarily correlative to murder. Child *advertiser censored* is correlative to child molestation. Also, if the evidence will unduly influence the jury and is not necessarily relevant to the case (as you say, the jury will despise him), the evidence might not even be admissible.

Also, why is there "no insanity defense that will hold up"? What are you basing this on? Even some of the early indications from Sam's lawyer seems to imply a insanity defense strategy "He doesn't know realize the scope of what he's done yet" was the quote, or similar.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back