VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess these are possible things, but I know alot of people, guys especially, just never clean out their wallets! My brother still has his high school ID in his wallet and he's 23 :)

not the dreaded 23 AGAIN!

I dabble on the guitar and harmonica but I am a hack, however, as a writer I am ALWAYS waking up in the middle of the night with new ideas so I keep a pad and paper next to the bed at all times, in fact I would say some of my best ideas have come to me in the middle of the night. I strongly suggest to everyone I know to keep pen and pad next to bed, a lot of people are surprised at the ideas they are able to come up with by making a habit of this practice.

Need to keep one in the shower too....

The horrorcore/occult and all the characters that go along with it would definitely be a part of anything that I would write and would further be the only reason I would do anything fictional about it, just to further add some more interesting horrorcore and occult twists to the story, but if done right it really doesnt need any more twists as they are all there already.

The very fact that it isn't fiction is integral to how compelling it is.

Well writing a book is a huge undertaking. I am in the process of pitching a story once the trial is over, to possibly Rolling Stone magazine as I do have contacts with them and can get a foot in the door. As for a book, hope that article can lead to a more detailed account and turn in to an actual book.

Obviously were I to accomplish such anyone who contributed to this thread would be acknowledged in the book and would get free copies.

<perk> :)

Wow! Consider yourselves "thanked" all the way up the last two pages. There is so much good information and thought in here. (I didn't want to "go Rosie on it, though".... :wink:)

Well writing a book is a huge undertaking. I am in the process of pitching a story once the trial is over, to possibly Rolling Stone magazine as I do have contacts with them and can get a foot in the door. As for a book, hope that article can lead to a more detailed account and turn in to an actual book.

Obviously were I to accomplish such anyone who contributed to this thread would be acknowledged in the book and would get free copies.

"On the cover of the Rolling Stone"?!
How cool is that!? With a foot in already!

...Rolling Stone
Wanna see my picture on the cover
Rolling Stone
Wanna buy five copies for my mother
Rolling Stone
Wanna see my smilin' face
On the cover of the Rolling Stone...

YouTube- Dr Hook, Cover of the Rolling Stone

Shel Silverstein wrote that song. Who knew?

Can we get a roundup of statements by Sam's attorney so far? If anyone has any statements especially the one Andreas just noted about Sam not knowing the SCOPE of what he had done, please post it with link. I want to look more closely at the words his attorney is using right now to see if we can conclude they may be looking at insanity defense.

I've been wondering if we should ask for a forum. There are so many topics in this case that we could use separate threads to keep them all straight.

But then, I really would hate to break up the band.

I dabble on the guitar and harmonica but I am a hack, however, as a writer I am ALWAYS waking up in the middle of the night with new ideas so I keep a pad and paper next to the bed at all times, in fact I would say some of my best ideas have come to me in the middle of the night. I strongly suggest to everyone I know to keep pen and pad next to bed, a lot of people are surprised at the ideas they are able to come up with by making a habit of this practice.

I used to keep a handheld tape recorder by my bed so I could sing any song ideas that came in the middle of the night. But after the battery leaked out and ruined my nightstand, it's back to just pen and paper. I really need a bigger nightstand.

It doesn't surprise me that musicians are drawn to this case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Kasso
....does anyone remember this case from the 80's?...the Rolling Stone article about it was really good it was called "kids in the dark"...and a lot of it is true in this case also...but then a true crime book came out about it "say you love satan"...and it sucked !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Kasso
....does anyone remember this case from the 80's?...the Rolling Stone article about it was really good it was called "kids in the dark"...and a lot of it is true in this case also...but then a true crime book came out about it "say you love satan"...and it sucked !

I remember that case. he was arrested in an AC/DC t-shirt and everyone was sure that AC/DC were Satanists trying to convert American youth to Satan. There was a lot of uproar generally about heavy metal at the time, but re-reading this story makes me think this had more to do with a guy that used a lot of different drugs including LSD, mescaline and PCP. I think it was a year or so later when this anti-metal fervor led to the Judas Priest subliminal message case where the band Judas Priest was sued over a supposed hidden but also inaudible message in one of their records.

WARNING: this posting contains an invisible Satanic message.

Pax,

I don't care whether it's fiction or non-fiction, as long as I get to play Pazuzu in the film adaptation.

...lol.....i'm already thinking film version also...too bad the soundtrack would have to contain horrorcore.....

Ha, no I give you consent to treat me diffently and I will take the hits and keep sparring; it's a good learning experience.

I hear ya. I just think SOME of Sam's writings are going to come in. Maybe the judge will be super careful and figure the prosecution has such a strong case he doesn't want to risk it being more prejudicial than probative (is that correct?) and deny its entrance. Won't it be a good one to follow? I actually learn stuff about procedure from these real life cases.

As far as the defense, we've got SODDI or insanity. Circumstantial evidence is going to weigh heavily on Sam did it, so his attorney better pull out a plea and save the boy's life. The fact that he told the cab driver he waited until his girlfriend fell asleep and then left shows he knows right from wrong - he didn't tell the cab driver about the murder part AND I would like to submit that I think the "wrongfulness" of horrorcore is the allure. The wrongfulness of all the crap they rap about is what makes them love it so and so he knew it was wrong, but he didn't care.

Maybe the insanity plea IS the plea to save the boys life?

Think about it: here's a 20 year old kid with a history of being bullied and outcast. He has a terrible family life. Bad parents. A mother that's high all the time. Mentally Ill sister. He doesn't bathe, is obviously depressed, and spends his life immersed in online communities and videogames. He rarely leaves his room. His social skills are stunted, and we can deduce from online communication that most of his direct communication had a child like quality to it.

He became obsessed with an internet clique genre of people who glorify murder, occult, satanism, and drug use. People he looks up to routinely garnish weapons, wear make up and fake blood, and write/sing about how cool it is to murder. They also glorify drug use, violent sex, and domestic abuse.

The internet clique is highly structured with the people on top considered (and considered themsevles) as gods (ie, apostles, anyone?). Sam is a low man on a totem pole, and is actively trying to climb rank by joining them as a rapper. This scene becomes his life. He's seeking the approval he has never had before. Yet, he's stuck. His music isn't very well-received.

He finds an underaged girlfriend online. He spends all of his money to fly out to meet her. As he leaves, he's rejected by his parents as they tell him he's no longer welcome home. He gets off the plane to see her, and she rejects him. They spend hours in a car together where she's cold and ignores him. At the concert, she goes off with the people he's trying to impress while he stays off in a corner. The rejection builds on the ride home. She and her friend are bullying him, the thing he left his life behind in California rejected him. Etc.

Could that sway a judge or jury? Throw some expert testimony in there about Sam's mental state? That makes it a toss up between whether you believe the state's expert or the defense's. Seems like it could be a pretty long (expensive) and intense trial if they pull the insanity defense. Maybe this is what the defense is going to hang their hat on in an attempt to save his life.

Maybe they enter an insanity plea until the DA offers LWOP.

A few loose ends: we keep pointing to what Sam said to the taxi driver and reading things into it. We can do that, but if the prosecution were to put the Taxi driver on the stand and say "What did Sam say to you?" "He waited for her to go to sleep and he left" and then somehow tried to make the point that what Sam MEANT was he waited for her to go to sleep, then killed her, that would be immediately objected to as speculation. Which it is. And is barred from the Federal Rules of Evidence. If the judge allowed it to continue: personally, I would object until I was thrown in contempt. Also, it would be an appealable error.

Also, if Sam's attorney is competent, he wont take a "demonic possession" defense when the insanity defense is certainly better suited and less, well, ridiculous.

"On the cover of the Rolling Stone"?!
How cool is that!? With a foot in already!

...Rolling Stone
Wanna see my picture on the cover
Rolling Stone
Wanna buy five copies for my mother
Rolling Stone
Wanna see my smilin' face
On the cover of the Rolling Stone...

YouTube- Dr Hook, Cover of the Rolling Stone

Shel Silverstein wrote that song. Who knew?

Listening to Shel Silverstein's music will definitely ruin your childhood, if you were a fan of his kids stuff like I was.

...lol.....i'm already thinking film version also...too bad the soundtrack would have to contain horrorcore.....

Maybe they could do a thing where popular musicians cover horrorcore songs . . . Like Tom Waits doing "Murder Potion" by Razakel.

Andres, as I've said before, if Sam's attorneys can't swing a plea deal to avoid the DP then IMO their next best shot is an insanity defense. IANAL but I've always heard that it's a tough argument to win because the killer must not realize that he did something wrong. Sam's cover up attempts, the lies to Mel's parents (and the cops) and his killing the pastor, IMO will be difficult facts to overcome. But I don't see any other way to keep Sam alive.

Virginia executed DC sniper John Muhammad last night. He was sentenced to death in 2004. The Old Dominion does not fool around when it comes to capital punishment.

I'm going to do a little experiment with a maul this weekend. I'm going to go to a local hardware store, pick out one, and swing it around to see how many times I can swing it in certain time periods.

How tall was Sam and how much did he weigh? I have a feeling I am quite larger than Sam, as I'm 6'4" 230. As a control, I'll have my girlfriend and sister try it to. I'm assuming Sam's actual size is somewhere between me and my girlfriend (She's about 5'9" but thin). My sister is about 5'7" and very thin.

I was originally thinking about videotaping this, but I'm not sure I want a video of myself floating around on the internet swinging a maul. Maybe we'll wear masks or something.

An interesting article here from the Sowell case, it applies because of earlier talk Sam may be a serial killer, this seems to imply a serial killer must have a sadistic sexual to his killings or he is just a mass murderer.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/imperial_avenue_strangler_is_a.html

The National Institutes of Justice defines serial killing as a series of two or more homicides committed over a period of time in which "the offender's behavior and the physical evidence . . . reflect sadistic, sexual overtones."

The sadistic sexuality, the chronic pattern and the lack of an immediately obvious motive separate serial killing from mass murder (2007's Virginia Tech massacre), terrorist attacks (1995's Oklahoma City bombing) and other kinds of "multicide."

Police say 30 to 50 serial killers stalk the United States at any one time, but Douglas believes that to be a conservative estimate, in part because the country's 17,000 law-enforcement agencies can't share data easily. Ohio ranks sixth in the nation among states with geographical ties to serial killers, University of Akron criminologist Mary Myers said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back