VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is saying that it is a small town and that people in Farmville trust and help other people despite evidence that maybe they shouldn't.

At least if they are white.
"At least if they are white."

No stereotyping here whatsoever. :) Good thing I've got thick skin. Having lived in the neighboring county for 21 of my 35 years, I would probably be grouped into anything that is said about people from this area. Not sure I agree with it, but to each his own.

"At least if they are white."

No stereotyping here whatsoever. :) Good thing I've got thick skin. Having lived in the neighboring county for 21 of my 35 years, I would probably be grouped into anything that is said about people from this area. Not sure I agree with it, but to each his own.

I'm willing to bet that none of the individuals coming here to defend Longwood and Farmville are persons of color. I am also willing to be corrected on this point, but I imagine that persons of African descent living in or around Farmville might have a somewhat different perspective about things like the Prince Edward Academy and the use of the KKK colors by Longwood.

I guess YMMV.

The symbol of the US Senate for example is that of Fascism but nobody knows that anymore so it isnt an issue.

Note the fasces symbol at the bottom, same exact symbol used by Mussolini's Fascist Party. Still has the same meaning but since nobody studies such things or cares it goes unnoticed.

http://api.ning.com/files/TbDzJHYTq...x6PFzjZKGUNs*QsLllIcV*uwds/02SealSenate02.gif

You do know that fasces don't stand for fascism right? They stand for power and authority. Fascism was derived from the fasces, not the other way around.

You do know that fasces don't stand for fascism right? They stand for power and authority. Fascism was derived from the fasces, not the other way around.

This is essentially the inverse of Blou's argument isn't it?

By "most" I meant everyone but the one with the unclear opinion.

What if Emma made up a sob story about how Sam needed a place to stay for some reason? She could have made up a story about Sam's family situation and that he needed to get away from a dangerous place. If she explained that Sam had no where to go to in his area maybe she could have talked her mother into allowing him to come there. Perhaps Dr. Kelly was trying to help him.

That is a possibility, but I don't think it's likely given her personality. I tend to think that Mel was used as the olive branch so that Sam could stay there. In other words, the theory is if Mel is there it's less likely Sam will try something. Otherwise, to me it makes little sense for Melanie to be there instead of them just picking her up on the way to SFTW.

That is a possibility, but I don't think it's likely given her personality. I tend to think that Mel was used as the olive branch so that Sam could stay there. In other words, the theory is if Mel is there it's less likely Sam will try something. Otherwise, to me it makes little sense for Melanie to be there instead of them just picking her up on the way to SFTW.

This also is possible.

However, I still don't really understand it as a parent. Personally having the friend there supposedly to keep Sam from "trying something" would just confirm my suspicions that the guy was there to have sex with my daughter. There is no way I'd ever allow it.

Good point. However, Melanie was set to leave before Sam. I believe her Dad showed up on Wednesday and Sam wasn't due to leave for several more days.

Did Emma have any friends locally?

This is essentially the inverse of Blou's argument isn't it?

I honestly haven't read his argument, but what I'm saying is if the seal was adopted in 1789, then the use of fascism in it makes no sense, considering Mussolini's Italy didn't exist. At that point IMO you have to use the historical meaning of the symbol, power and authority. If we adopted that symbol in say 1989 then I'd be more inclined to attach the fascist meaning to it.

I honestly haven't read her argument, but what I'm saying is if the seal was adopted in 1789, then the use of fascism in it makes no sense, considering Mussolini's Italy didn't exist. At that point IMO you have to use the historical meaning of the symbol, power and authority. If we adopted that symbol in say 1989 then I'd be more inclined to attach the fascist meaning to it.

I am doing a disservice to Blou's well crafted argument here, but he is saying in part that the recent use of the symbol by the Italian fascists would over rule the prior use as simply a Roman symbol of power since that older meaning is no longer known to most people. Of course back in 1789 the situation would be different...

Good point. However, Melanie was set to leave before Sam. I believe her Dad showed up on Wednesday and Sam wasn't due to leave for several more days.

Did Emma have any friends locally?

That's right. I had forgotten that somehow, even though I've read the timeline a hundred times. I don't know then.

I am doing a disservice to Blou's well crafted argument here, but he is saying in part that the recent use of the symbol by the Italian fascists would over rule the prior use as simply a Roman symbol of power since that older meaning is no longer known to most people. Of course back in 1789 the situation would be different...

Oh ok, then yes to your question.

Locals have confirmed that she had a lot of friends in town and at least two are shown in some YouTube videos she was in...

Speaking of friends, I've been wondering something...Mel had made a comment on one of Sam's myspace pages IIRC back in July that had stated her, mel and some other girl were riding together to SFTW (apparently she didn't end up going). IIRC she's also in a couple of pictures with Mel and Emma prior to that timeframe. Have LE or anyone else talked to that other girl? I wonder if she might know anything more about how Sam was acting, or, what transpired between Emma and Sam prior to the killings?

Speaking of friends, I've been wondering something...Mel had made a comment on one of Sam's myspace pages IIRC back in July that had stated her, mel and some other girl were riding together to SFTW (apparently she didn't end up going). IIRC she's also in a couple of pictures with Mel and Emma prior to that timeframe. Have LE or anyone else talked to that other girl? I wonder if she might know anything more about how Sam was acting, or, what transpired between Emma and Sam prior to the killings?

If they did, they haven't released that information. But then they haven't released any information about interviews that have been conducted as far as I know. We also still don't know what if anything is on any of the electronic media they are examining or anything about the various text messages that were sent. We just know they have this stuff and are examining it.

If you look deep enough into anything you will find strange correlations. However, as a major of economics i am very good at statistical analysis, specifically that employed by a program called stata. While correlation may be present, they are not nessecarily significant. This logic can be applied to anything. For example, the number on the house being 505 may seem to correlate to Sam. However, it could have been any assortment of variation that could have connected to him. The number was not relevant in any other way and should not be considered significant (statistically speaking). If every one of his friends had the tatoo of that numbers, then we would have a case. Secondly, Sams affiliation with longwood was only through the mother of his girlfriend, who was not a currently active professor. The assumtion that he would in any way even have knowledge of CHI is far fetched.

The arguements presented here are all interesting, there is no doubt about that. However, viewed form a logical persepective, none of this holds any viable significance in WHY he committed these murders. I cannot stress the importance of the meaning of the word assumption enough here. It is unsound to make such accusations based off of far fetch assumptions, which in turn were based off of the research of bloggers that arent even completely accurate.

Have you bothered to read the 5 other threads full of THOUSANDS of comments about the murder, who, what, when, why and how, or are you just crashing the party late and assuming things?

We have discussed this murder more THAN ANYONE ANYWHERE and thats a fact, we are now all friends and to keep eachothers company WHILE WE WAIT FOR MORE INFO and not lose contact with eachother we are simply hanging around trying to keep the thread alive and having a GENERAL DISCUSSION about things that interest us.

If you want our feelings about the case and I can assure there is more credible research about this case on the 5 previous threads than anywhere else PERIOD, then go read them and stop assuming things because you skipped POINT A and went straight to POINT B.

"What pisses me off is I have been studying this stuff all my life and Dan Brown comes along and turns it in to a big joke with all his silly books and movies which I believe has the purpose of turning the truth which they cannot hide anymore in to entertainment so that can say "oh thats hollywood you cant take entertainment like that seriously." quote from paximus

"As for the symbolism stuff, get real. This isn’t the movie Angels and Demons (which is a great movie and book, i encourage you to read/watch it). Not everything has a hidden meaning or secret code, just ask the comic act called CHI."quote from ijustmadethisup4

He just proved your point ,pax....

Im glad you saw that.

Indeed the point pecisely!

Yep, we're just hanging out...bring all your stuff and drop it down with us - we could use anything new. Just understand that if we seem OT we are only taking slight detours to keep the thread active and keep each other company and it's GREAT because I'm learning all sorts of new things - the posters here are diverse and intelligent and extremely nice. So welcome; I like your sense of humor and allow us to digress a bit and you'll find it a favorite place to visit on the forum.

Carrie Frank was one of the local friends of Emma's - she is in the videos.

If Emma was not in total control of that household, then I fail to find any other explanation as to why a preacher, who is well aware of the dangers of the dark side, and a professor, who is well aware of the dangers of society and violence against, women - would not only allow their daughter to have a 20 year old man she met on the internet who is into vile horrorcore come stay at the home, BUT also DRIVE them to that "festival" of sorts. It brings all the mind boggling back that I experienced in the beginning.

Oh, and OT, I have my Torts midterm tonight, last one! Can't wait until tomorrow when I am not obligated to use my brain in the least!

I have really tried to keep my passion to a minimum here among you folks some of you havent seen me on other threads, its a jekyl hyde thing but I dont like these attacks on DM he is bringing up some very interesting discussion points about race and symbolism and what these secret societies represent and they DO REPRESENT THESE THINGS even if todays ignorant generation doesnt understand it. This is my life it is what I study and I wont have anyone coming in here telling us we are all a bunch of whackjobs because we dont get the inside joke of a bunch southern white college kids putting bags over their heads and parading around campus because its cool. That sort of thing has meaning and is still just as deeply hurtful to a black person as a swatzi is to me, a Jew.

Like DM said, it may be a joke but it really isnt funny anymore.

Spare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members