VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadlocks to me, (but then I don't live in the US) are not the same as braids. I'm going to go and have another look at the available photos, but from memory, I'd call his hair "braids". My definition of Dreads can't be removed/put back at will.

Dreads and braids are definitely different. LJ has dreads. I have never heard of anyone putting synthetic dreads on their head, but synthetic braids, yes.

Okay, I'm going to label this OT, because I don't see how it helps advance the search to FIND HANNAH, But here goes:

http://m.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-dreads-and-braids.htm

Dreadlocks: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nwEmTQkTflw/Swz6FBoGLJI/AAAAAAAAAJc/7hg8ozIc7t0/s1600/dreadlocks.jpg

Braids: http://pretty-hairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/long-hairstyles-for-black-men-2014.jpg

POI: http://wina.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/46/files/2014/09/Matthew-Jesse-092214-.jpg-400x400.jpg

Moving on :)

I doubt he walked in there to demand an attorney. It would make a lot more sense that they ask him to come down which he did they chatted then once the questions turned to the crime ... that they obviously feel strongly he is guilty of .... he said he didn't want to say anything else without a lawyer. (can you even ask for a public defender before you are even charged with a crime?)

Heck, I never heard of anyone asking for an attorney in a police station (as they've reported it) There's nothing to prevent him from saying, I'll come by after I've consulted with an attorney...or just have an attorney call. If, in fact, it happened as they said it happened, then IMHO, it's kinda strange.
My father was a criminal attorney for close to 40 years. Pretty sure he never retained a client that way. (Not to say it isn't possible.)

I believe he went there to ask about getting a lawyer. I think he believed that of all places, the police station would set him up with one for free or at least could give him advice on how to get one for free. He probably thought that was his constitutional right. He probably assumed he'd have been given a lawyer. And once they got one, he and his family may have planned to give some statements about that night.

I don't think he'd have taken his family members with him if he was just asking about when he was getting his car back.
Yes, excellent points (bold by me.)

I wonder if he received any info when served the warrant and towed his car (where to get it--impound or PD, or when he could get it.)

Otherwise, yes I think he wanted to find a way to talk to LE with the support of an attorney.

I'm happy there's a billboard out with Hannah's photo, but I wish there was one with the outfit she was wearing that night. I generally don't notice people's faces while walking about, but her outfit would have caught my attention. Not that it was wrong or inappropriate, it just would have made me notice her.

I agree. LE is not going to give the public every single bit of info they have while the case is open. It can compromise the case. They usually don't even share much info with the victims family/friends while the case is open. Everything they are doing is strategic.

If they arrest JM and do not tell the public about any evidence, they risk him getting a lot of support from people who think he is innocent or being overcharged. That is what happened with Justin Ross Harris, until lots of info was released at the bond hearing.

I recall reading or hearing in a press conference that the reason Jesse Mathew came to the police station on Saturday was because he wanted to inquire if it was legal for LE to overtly follow him, and LE told him YES, it is legal. He then asked to consult with an attorney, they found him one, they chatted, and then he left.

I can't seem to find a link that works but I am pretty sure Longo said it in the press conference yesterday.

I remember reading that here. But I really thought it was posters speculating. I have no recollection of it being in the press conference, but with all that has transpired I'm not trusting my memory. I'd love to see the link to that if you find it.

I believe he went there to ask about getting a lawyer. I think he believed that of all places, the police station would set him up with one for free or at least could give him advice on how to get one for free. He probably thought that was his constitutional right. He probably assumed he'd have been given a lawyer. And once they got one, he and his family may have planned to give some statements about that night.

I don't think he'd have taken his family members with him if he was just asking about when he was getting his car back.
BBM. The fact that he took family members (grandma and mom?) with him tells me he is not all that saavy about the legal system. This is a scared 32 year old 'little boy'.

I guess it's pretty obvious that anyone reading my posts sees that I think this guy is innocent of harming Hannah. I've eaten hats before.

I recall reading or hearing in a press conference that the reason Jesse Mathew came to the police station on Saturday was because he wanted to inquire if it was legal for LE to overtly follow him, and LE told him YES, it is legal. He then asked to consult with an attorney, they found him one, they chatted, and then he left.

I can't seem to find a link that works but I am pretty sure Longo said it in the press conference yesterday.

this seem like a very reasonable explanation. He may have been frustrated about the answer he got and also trying to avoid the surveillance which is why he was "driving recklessly"

The bit bbm is not accurate. It was not said by Longo.

Regarding dreads as discussed earlier in this thread - you CAN purchase them and have them tied/sewn in to your existing threads to make them longer. I've seen it done before.

Regarding the new photo for the wanted poster -- someone said earlier today that it appeared that his car registration had expired based on the sticker on his car. I personally cannot make out a date on it, but perhaps people in VA can recognize it by the colors?

First time posting on this thread. Observations on my part. 1) Longo may be emotional because he is privy to much more info than we are and he's trying to not tip the POI off. 2) I read somewhere, and I'm looking for the link now, that JM's grandmother recognized him in the video, maybe he went to the police department requesting an attorney to appease his family and friends. I don't know if he is guilty or not, but his actions since that day are indicating he's involved in some way. Hypothetically speaking, a guilty person could be trying to keep it together until they realized that it was futile, then panic and run. If I were not involved, and I saw that video of myself all over tv and knew LE was looking for me and wanted to talk to me, I would be spilling everything I knew to help in any way I could.

This same photo of Alexis, along with the photo of the back of the orange car confiscated by police in the recent Hannah disappearance, was posted on the Find Alexis Murphy FB page earlier today. It was later deleted along with comments.

Interesting, thank you!

BBM. The fact that he took family members (grandma and mom?) with him tells me he is not all that saavy about the legal system. This is a scared 32 year old 'little boy'.

Haha. I was just thinking... if I was a POI in what is a possibly a murder case, and high-profile at that, I would certainly have someone with me when I walked into that police station. Family, if I did not already have an attorney on retainer. I would be terrified to walk in there, knowing they think I murdered someone! But after seeing how passionate LE seems to be about nailing him to the wall, I imagine you would also want someone on 'your side' present in case you have any complaints that you would like a witness to (IDK what that would be.. if he feared threats or unethical actions).

I think what people are confused about is "provided". Police don't provide lawyers, but if someone asks to talk to a lawyer, they see if they can scare up a lawyer. This does not mean that a lawyer is retained it only means that they found a lawyer for him to talk to. As I have said about 5 times, the lawyer that he consulted with probably advised him to RETAIN a lawyer before speaking with investigators, if ever. It did not link them as attorney and client. That happens with a document called a retainer agreement. It was a simple consultation and a simple bit of lawyerly advice. JMO

Do we know that as fact? Is there a link? TIA

LE said they spoke to him at his home, maybe they asked for his license then and they kept it?

He then went to the DMV and paid whatever fines he had and got a new one. He didn't want to risk any more trouble with the police. I'd image if police impound and search your car you would be quite worried for your future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member