VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the "Admins" running the Find Hannah Graham page? Do we know?

That actually makes sense. If this is the case, it could just be that JM was so pissed off at hearing this, that he decided to shake the police without caring about reckless driving. I don't think this speaks of certain guilt, even if it does look bad. This all comes down to what LE gets back from forensics, IMO.

I recall reading or hearing in a press conference that the reason Jesse Mathew came to the police station on Saturday was because he wanted to inquire if it was legal for LE to overtly follow him, and LE told him YES, it is legal. He then asked to consult with an attorney, they found him one, they chatted, and then he left.

I can't seem to find a link that works but I am pretty sure Longo said it in the press conference yesterday.

You suspected wrong the police put on the gloves that were in the box after they came out of the apartment. They were LE GLOVES who knows what was in the other box LE LUNCHES?

I surely have not "suspected wrong." It has been stated that they left with two items. My point was that they seemed to know exactly what they were looking for and from everything I have just read, this is in fact the case.

“Jesse Matthew showed up at the police station yesterday, walked right through the front door with a couple family members,” Longo said. “He got inside and asked for a lawyer. We found him one. He talked to a lawyer and … they walked out the door. And I don’t know any more know than I did before about his interaction with Hannah Graham.”

Police said Matthew was seen speeding from the area within 15 minutes of leaving the station, and they have issued a warrant against him for reckless driving.

http://www.insidenova.com/headlines...cle_865681c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html

bbm

Thanks for posting this. I was asked for a link referencing where it came from that he was provided an attorney, but was outside with my dogs and didn't see the request. So thanks. Of course I'm behind again haha.

First time posting on this thread. Observations on my part. 1) Longo may be emotional because he is privy to much more info than we are and he's trying to not tip the POI off. 2) I read somewhere, and I'm looking for the link now, that JM's grandmother recognized him in the video, maybe he went to the police department requesting an attorney to appease his family and friends. I don't know if he is guilty or not, but his actions since that day are indicating he's involved in some way. Hypothetically speaking, a guilty person could be trying to keep it together until they realized that it was futile, then panic and run. If I were not involved, and I saw that video of myself all over tv and knew LE was looking for me and wanted to talk to me, I would be spilling everything I knew to help in any way I could.

Yeah LE does know much more than we do. I think LE is hoping he will crack. They are putting the pressure on him.

If I were speeding away recklessly from the police, even if it was an Undercover, would I be engaged in a high speed chase? What was stopping LE from carrying out a chase?

Heck, I never heard of anyone asking for an attorney in a police station (as they've reported it) There's nothing to prevent him from saying, I'll come by after I've consulted with an attorney...or just have an attorney call. If, in fact, it happened as they said it happened, then IMHO, it's kinda strange.
My father was a criminal attorney for close to 40 years. Pretty sure he never retained a client that way. (Not to say it isn't possible.)
He likely got an attorney at the police station with his run in before. The police station has a list of them for people who are charged. He probably thought he could do the same, except he can't because he wasn't charged.

Strange or not, it happened, it wasn't some conspiracy or anything.

Would he have to change his address on his licence? His lease is almost up on his apartment. Could be have been changing the address details? (We have our address on our licence in the UK)

wasnt it said that he had a 9/19 court date for a prior traffic offense? Perhaps that necessitated a new photo

Any thoughts as to why they didn't charge him with purchasing alcohol for a minor? I thought I read he bought HG drinks at Tempo.

Any thoughts as to why they didn't charge him with purchasing alcohol for a minor? I thought I read he bought HG drinks at Tempo.
I don't believe there is any proof that he bought alcohol for her.

This same photo of Alexis, along with the photo of the back of the orange car confiscated by police in the recent Hannah disappearance, was posted on the Find Alexis Murphy FB page earlier today. It was later deleted along with comments.

Do you know why it was deleted?

I don't think they have video evidence of that. I doubt witness testimony after the fact would be enough. ?

But why would LE expect JM to give them the evidence to charge him??

Who says he would have given them evidence to charge him? WG went and spoke to the police. 50-75 other eyewitnesses have spoken to police. Over 900 people have picked up a phone and given tips to police. Why would the police be interested in arresting and charging the wrong man? They need evidence to charge him with a crime. They obviously don't have to that evidence at this moment (as far as we know).

This second search warrant on his apartment makes me think that maybe the forensic results came back and they didn't get anything so they went back to look for more evidence.

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said Sunday at a news conference that Jesse Matthew came to the police station on Saturday, asked for and was provided a lawyer's name and then left. Longo says Matthew left the police station and went to a home in Albemarle County. At some point Matthew left that location at a high rate of speed despite being "overtly" followed by law enforcement, according to Longo.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

I know it's been stated that it's odd for a POI to walk into a police station and ask for an attorney, but perhaps when they served the warrant on his car and home they asked him to come in at a later date, which he did, but then immediately asked for an attorney.

JM seems to have had a lot of experience with the courts and DMV, traffic, that sort of violation. He likely picked up his attorneys, if he got any, from those mulling around the courts. He and his family probably thought due to the seriousness of the situation that he would get a public defender. I don't think they understood that he was not being arrested or accused at that point. JM did get time with an attorney who likely clarified the situation to him and told him he did not have to talk to LE and that he should not. This must have been very confusing to him. I'd have been confused too if police showed up at my place at an off time with a warrent to search and seize my car and search my home, and then wanted to talk to me. I don't think LE gives out much info to anyone when this happens, so my reaction too, would have been to get an attorney. So as an innocent person, I'd not be feeling kindly or cooperative at all towards the police at this point in time, and I don't think anyone would even given the seriousness of the missing person. Yes, I'd selfishly be thinking about myself and be scared out of my mind, paranoid and not at all friendly with the police.

I still don't get how LE got a search warrent for the car, was able to seize it, got search warrent for the apts, and yet can't touch the owner of said car, resident of said apartment.

i guess they could but they don't want to till the have a little stronger of a case. It's telling to me that they are now trying to pick him up (if i understand the situation) on some side show charge. I mean how long can they reasonably expect to hold him on a reckless driving charge. They must feel like they are getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member