VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that yes, it MOST likely conveys some sort of guilt.

But it is not a guarantee, IMO. It's easy for me to say what I would do in this situation. But I am not a 32 year old black male who was the last person seen with a missing 18 year old white college student. I think that innocent people have been convicted many times, and that JM (IF innocent) could just be in an absolute panic. I'm not saying this is the case--but I can't rule it out at this point.

If he IS innocent, but knows nothing about what happened to HG, he may think that he has everything to lose without anything to offer.

First time posting on this thread. Observations on my part. 1) Longo may be emotional because he is privy to much more info than we are and he's trying to not tip the POI off. 2) I read somewhere, and I'm looking for the link now, that JM's grandmother recognized him in the video, maybe he went to the police department requesting an attorney to appease his family and friends. I don't know if he is guilty or not, but his actions since that day are indicating he's involved in some way. Hypothetically speaking, a guilty person could be trying to keep it together until they realized that it was futile, then panic and run. If I were not involved, and I saw that video of myself all over tv and knew LE was looking for me and wanted to talk to me, I would be spilling everything I knew to help in any way I could.

If I were speeding away recklessly from the police, even if it was an Undercover, would I be engaged in a high speed chase? What was stopping LE from carrying out a chase?

They said it proved too dangerous to continue.

Me too. Most of the time posters are complaining because LE doesn't say anything and now its the opposite. I find it very refreshing personally and Longo has not divulged any of the evidence he has and I do believe he does have evidence and that evidence has been sent to the lab. He has only commented where Hannah was seen and with whom either on video or by what eye witnesses have told them.

And about Richard Jewell. He was called a 'suspect.' Longo has not called JM a suspect but only a person of interest. Anyone knows he is certainly a person of interest due to him being the last known person to be with Hannah.

Personally I don't think JM is innocent at all and I think it is going to be proven he isn't.

A person who has nothing to hide cooperates with police especially when the young woman remains missing. Richard Jewell was extremely cooperative with police even though he was deemed a suspect. The reason he was cooperative is Richard knew all along he had nothing to hide.

JMs actions and behavior is not consistent with someone who is innocent.

What has happened in the past concerning race is totally irrelevant in this case, imo. While it is true that some black men were railroaded it is equally true that a lot of black men are/were very guilty of committing crimes and that includes crimes against whites....both male and female. We aren't in the dark ages anymore. DNA evidence will link him to this case or it wont.

Even JM felt very comfortable being in the presence of Hannah. I imagine a lot of his friends are also white. So he doesn't seem to be fearful to be around another race in fear he will be blamed for something he didn't do.

He will not be arrested unless they have evidence for the DA to prove the case BARD. So some saying that he will be arrested simply because he is black is just untrue imo.

IMO

Great post, IMO, and bears repeating!

:tyou:

Imo all a lawyer is going to do is possibly make a statement that his client parted from Hannah at the end of the mall, after having a drink in Tempo.(or, depending on forensics, that they went to his apartment and had consensual,sex maybe.) He would say he has no knowledge of her whereabouts after that point. And would advise his client not to answer any pointed questions. Nothing useful would emerge, Imo. LE wants to lock him into a statement; I don't blame them, but I think it is too late now. He is not going to give them one. Jmo

Of course. But so many on here are saying that he is wise to not speak to police *until he has an attorney.* He asked for one, he received one. Now, by that logic, he should sit down and talk to the police. If nothing useful emerges, at least he did it. By not even doing that, he looks even more guilty (which I think he is).

LE cannot hold him long on a reckless driving charge. Why not just continue the investigation, and arrest him when they have enough evidence? Why the sideshow?

[h=1]Legal Expert Weighs In On Police Procedure in Hannah Graham Case[/h]
"In this particular case, and this might have been a tactic of the police, to simply back off any pursuit and put the word out there that they have a warrant for him, now time has gone by, it's been a day or two, and they'll be able to argue that when he is arrested that this man is a flight risk," Goodman said.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...olice-Procedure-in-Graham-Case-276305701.html

i guess they could but they don't want to till the have a little stronger of a case. It's telling to me that they are now trying to pick him up (if i understand the situation) on some side show charge. I mean how long can they reasonably expect to hold him on a reckless driving charge. They must feel like they are getting close.

Longo said he expects info back from forensics by tomorrow

http://www.today.com/video/today/56094717#56094717

If he IS innocent, but knows nothing about what happened to HG, he may think that he has everything to lose without anything to offer.

Bingo. I think this is the thing a lot of people are missing.

BBM. The fact that he took family members (grandma and mom?) with him tells me he is not all that saavy about the legal system. This is a scared 32 year old 'little boy'.

I would bet the two family members who went to the police with him convinced him that he should talk to the police and offered to go with him for moral support. I don't know whether he did it or not, but everything I've seen suggests his family (at least his mother's side) is really nice. It sounds like they wanted to do the right thing.

If they were with him during the "getaway" I would bet they are pretty unhappy right now.

Of course. But so many on here are saying that he is wise to not speak to police *until he has an attorney.* He asked for one, he received one. Now, by that logic, he should sit down and talk to the police. If nothing useful emerges, at least he did it. By not even doing that, he looks even more guilty (which I think he is).

Unless the attorney recommended he NOT talk to police.

This is a great post and I'm not trying to be argumentative. But police say WG said he left or stopped following, didn't they? They didn't say WG said he continued behind them on his way to his car.

Also, was tempo on the way to the parking lot? Would WG have noticed them pop into the bar on his way?

WG doesn't notice black pants from white pants from dreads from shaved head... etc. (if LE is being truthful). So, probably not. Or maybe so. Maybe he is one of the eyewitnesses, and LE is keeping silent on him to protect his safety.

This second search warrant on his apartment makes me think that maybe the forensic results came back and they didn't get anything so they went back to look for more evidence.

I don't think a search warrant for a residence covers any item, ever. Usually warrants outline what types of items LE is to look for and can take. Obviously anything directly related to Hannah or Friday night. I wonder if these two items were something LE spotted the first time they went into the apartment, but were unable to take because it wasn't part of the search warrant. They could have then asked for a warrant to cover those items by justifying why it could be relevant to the case. Then, just returned to the apartment and taken them once they got the warrant.

I'm not a lawyer, but that is the impression I got from the statement that LE went in looking for two specific items and got those two specific items. Any real lawyers can correct =)

This second search warrant on his apartment makes me think that maybe the forensic results came back and they didn't get anything so they went back to look for more evidence.
In my experience that's not really how warrants work. MOO

You are mistaken in the fact that he received a lawyer. No. He was able to consult with a lawyer, that's all we know. LE was not sure if he was able to actually retain this lawyer. If he could not afford that lawyer, the lawyer would not have been able to sit down with him while he talked to police.

I think this is the second time I've tried to clarify this for you, I just want to make sure you have all the accurate info.

Who says he would have given them evidence to charge him? WG went and spoke to the police. 50-75 other eyewitnesses have spoken to police. Over 900 people have picked up a phone and given tips to police. Why would the police be interested in arresting and charging the wrong man? They need evidence to charge him with a crime. They obviously don't have to that evidence at this moment (as far as we know).

Yes but Longo said in PC he thinks JM killed her, imo. So not the same as average witness.

I think that yes, it MOST likely conveys some sort of guilt.

But it is not a guarantee, IMO. It's easy for me to say what I would do in this situation. But I am not a 32 year old black male who was the last person seen with a missing 18 year old white college student. I think that innocent people have been convicted many times, and that JM (IF innocent) could just be in an absolute panic. I'm not saying this is the case--but I can't rule it out at this point.

Yeah the fact that he circled around to follow HG, approached her and took her to Tempo and is the last person she was seen with does not look good for this guy. And if he did not know her before this and was just a stranger that makes him look a little worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321