VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the information confusing some is actually older articles before they came to arrive at JM being the POI.

Older and incorrect.

But the article, today's morning paper states that last night JM went into the police station.....a very recent supposed event. Let's keep seeing if anyone else is reporting this. How could this be after more evidence being taken and probably not evaluated yet.
Note I'm several pages behind now.

stating that JM last seen Sunday and have not heard or seen him since then....

Capt says that JM gave the PD a list of attorneys he was interested in and asked the police to call the attorneys for him. The first one they called came to the PD HQ and JM and attorney spoke and then they left without answering any questions.

Came in with his Mother and Uncle...they left and went to his grandmother's house. Officer vehicles clearly in view (FBI and State Police) at grandmother's house... he and his mother got into a vehicle and drove off recklessly. They backed off because of how reckless he was driving for the safety of everyone involved.

Capt confirms that they found the items they were looking for yesterday and that they are at the lab today.

Fresh dirt inside the vehicle and on the tires... was mentioned.

What are they gonna get out of the dirt?

As an LEO I have to say that all of this blaming on LE is ridiculous. No doubt they will review and be reviewed for how they handle this case, but unless YOU have ever been in the situation they are in.... give them credit that they are working around the clock to find Hannah. Just because they did not tell YOU that they have tried to talk to JM numerous times, including when they went to search his car and apartment, DOESN'T mean it didn't happen. Obviously Longo said they DID talk to him and that they wanted to talk to him AGAIN.

I've been in LE 15+ years and praise the CPD for their efforts and hardwork. As upset, frustrated and affected as we get as we sit by our laptops and keyboards, and how hard it is for us to know HG is still missing... IMAGINE working this case, little sleep, seeing the pain on HG's parents faces, the frustration of lab processing taking time... Of course we would all handle the case different in some way or another as we all have our own opinions and ways of looking at things, but each and every officer that has assisted with this case carries this case personally and it's not "just a job" for them... so let's give them the credit they deserve and stop bashing them constantly.
Yep, the anti LE crap is disrespectful and just plain rude!

Actually I don't think u bring a lawyer into this unless LE starts asking u questions U have trouble answering.
JMO

For instance... underage drinking and drug use?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much for link. I got a chuckle from his landlord saying that he left his tomato plants behind and she just didn't understand... but anywhoo...

This section on the public defender stood out:

The label is troubling, said Charlottesville Albemarle Public Defender Jim Hingeley.
“I don’t really know what ‘person of interest’ means, because I’ve never had a conversation in which the meaning of that phrase was clarified to me by authorities,” Hingeley said. “He could simply be a witness they’d like to interview or, possibly, down the road, a suspect in the case.”
Speeding away from police would not help Matthew, Hingeley said.
“He’s created an impression that he’s got something to hide, and that may not be true at all,” Hingeley said. “He’s created an impression we’re all stuck with.”

It sounds like the public defender fully expects to end up working on JM's case. I wish they would just go ahead and make the assignment and get the situation back under some sort of orderly control. All the drama isn't helping anyone, including HG and her family.

stating that JM last seen Sunday and have not heard or seen him since then....

Capt says that JM gave the PD a list of attorneys he was interested in and asked the police to call the attorneys for him. The first one they called came to the PD HQ and JM and attorney spoke and then they left without answering any questions.

Came in with his Mother and Uncle...they left and went to his grandmother's house. Officer vehicles clearly in view (FBI and State Police) at grandmother's house... he and his mother got into a vehicle and drove off recklessly. They backed off because of how reckless he was driving for the safety of everyone involved.

Capt confirms that they found the items they were looking for yesterday and that they are at the lab today.

Fresh dirt inside the vehicle and on the tires... was mentioned.
Wow, great info. He came in with list and asked police to call? That is just ... bizarre.

I keep going back to where her final destination was supposed to be. Was it Tempos? or was it a party? Her last text was to a friend saying she was lost and going to a party. What party? someone has to know what party she was going to. Someone had to have told her where this party was. She must have texted someone or someone told her where this party was located. She had to have heard from someone and said "im going there". Someone knows. Someone knows something among her friends and is not telling or LE is not telling or both have decided that her destination is not important enough to investigate more thoroughly.

Or someone else texted that last message. However I think they need to believe that she sent that last text and figure out that someone among her friends knows something.

We have virtually no info as to why the car was targeted. Some mention that it was seen on some video but I can't find any video with it on there. The vocus has been more on the car than on the owner. FOr some reason the LE are really putting a lot of bets on forensics they can get from that car. Whatever the attention and focus is with this car, I hope it pans out. At this point JM isn't going to say squat when they get him in custody. I hope they truly tried to sweet talk him, get some info out of him about Hannah and got something because if he knows anything, it's unlikely to come out after all that has happened.

Lots of pictures of the car, very specific ones, but no info on what drew attention to it. Why that car over all of the ones parked near that area where Hannah was last seen. On what grounds did they get that warrent? What does one need to get a warrent to search someone's car?

The apartment search supposed was due to a remark from someone there, and my guess would be it would be the comment that JM was with a white girl recently there But from the info the descrip does not fit Hannah other than skin color. Hannah's height and build are distinctive.

But what is it about car that can get a search warrent? The car but not the owner could be seized.

It's my opinion because jesse was in the video and because he is a frequent visitor to the area(mall area) and the fact that he was in Tempo with her was reason enough for a search warrant for the vehicle and once there the conversation with neighbors then led to the search warrant for the apartment. jmo idk

1200 volunteers helped search only in Charlottesville when all logic and past cases tell us that a body would not be found in the middle of a highly populated area.

I think it makes sense to search locally: we don't know what other evidence they found. If they don't KNOW that a premeditated kidnapping/murder occurred. Another theory- which has been discussed here- is that she was in fact seriously drunk or on some drugs, and may have fallen or simply OD'd someplace. So a search of local area makes sense in that regard. Also- weren't there other local attacks/rapes where the victims were left in place? Again- if something like that happened to her and she was left hurt, drunk and disoriented, then a search of local woods makes sense.

I'm not saying I think these are what happened... just saying that the massive local search does make some sense.

Longo on NG last night

LONGO: Well, she`s walking eastbound on a pedestrian mall. He`s walking westbound on the mall. He loops back. The next time you see him,

he`s with her. Side by side. We have a witness that puts both of them in a local bar and restaurant that`s just up the corner from where that video

transpired. He purchases her alcohol. They`re seen leaving together. As I`ve said 1,000 times, this guy was the last guy who was with this girl

before she disappeared and that`s why it was so important we talk to him. He`s going to come in and say, chief, I was with her, but we parted ways.

Come in here and tell me that. But we`ve got an investigation and a commitment here to find this girl for her parents, and that`s what we`re

going to do, and we`re going to need all the cooperation we can get, and particularly from the guy who was the last one, as far as I`m concerned,

who was with her.

GRACE: You know, Chief Longo, you have referred to him as a person of interest. And you are convinced he was the last one with her before she

disappeared. Why are you so convinced of that?

LONGO: There`s no information to the contrary. Nobody has come forth and said anything any different. In fact, as I indicated before,

eyewitnesses say they were together in that bar and they left together. And no one places them apart thereafter. Therefore, I can only reasonably

conclude that they were together when he left the downtown area. I have no information to the contrary, and until such time I do, as far as I`m

concerned, he is the last person that was with her before she disappeared.

LONGO: She leaves her apartment dormitory room area sometime around 9:30-ish that Friday evening. She meets some friends for dinner at a

restaurant, I believe on University Avenue in the 1300 block. She leaves there about 11:00. They discuss meeting later in a particular location.

And then she stops at least two other places along the way and socializes with other students.

When she leaves the second place is when I believe the disorientation starts. She heads northbound, up 10th Street Northwest and she finds

herself at McGrady`s pub. She`s denied entry to that establishment. She goes east on Preston Avenue where we pick her up on another surveillance

camera from a gas station. She continues towards the downtown mall, and an eyewitness sees her make a right hand turn off of East Market Street, then

she goes on to the pedestrian mall and we see her twice in two video depictions at the mall.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1409/22/ng.01.html

I keep going back to where her final destination was supposed to be. Was it Tempos? or was it a party? Her last text was to a friend saying she was lost and going to a party. What party? someone has to know what party she was going to. Someone had to have told her where this party was. She must have texted someone or someone told her where this party was located. She had to have heard from someone and said "im going there". Someone knows. Someone knows something among her friends and is not telling or LE is not telling or both have decided that her destination is not important enough to investigate more thoroughly.

Or someone else texted that last message. However I think they need to believe that she sent that last text and figure out that someone among her friends knows something.

JMO, but I believe LE has info they aren't releasing about texts sent that night...

Some people have said that race has nothing to do with this case. I hate to break it to you, but race is going to become a bigger and bigger part of this case. Let’s see:

1. There will be lots of criticism that the case is only getting the attention it is because Hannah is a white girl.

2. Some people will explain the media’s handling of anything of this case due to it being a black-on-white murder.

3. “Blame the black guy” is a very popular trope. In this case, the white guy was seen following her too, and he blamed the black guy, people will say. Many will just see that as “unbelievable” and like it has to be a joke.

4. There will many, who will say that he is being targeted because of his race and LE needed a scapegoat.

5. There will be criticism that he is being overcharged, and that a white frat boy would not be getting 1st degree murder charges for an unintentional death, if that happens.

6. You will have people who will say others are only defending him because of his race.

7. And of course, you will have plenty of stupid jokes about “Obama’s son".

You are not going to be able to escape discussions about race in this case. When/If they arrest Jesse, it is just going to get more and more prominent. It will be part of every comment you see, in some way or another.

Since Longo basically said he believes JM is the last person Hannah saw before she disappeared...face of earth...etc...(which TO ME says he believes JM killed Hannah or made her vanish) why would he think JM would sit down to chat? I sure wouldn't. Well maybe I would sit next to my lawyer while he/she tells LE I won't be answering his questions, but that is about it. It is a joke to think LE just wants to talk to him, Imo. They want a statement they can hopefully disprove, Imo.

We have no way of knowing what he told them on Friday. Maybe he just confirmed his identity. Or maybe he said she was never in his car. That could come back to haunt him, if so. But Imo that was their chance to try to have more of a conversation, before he felt "zeroed in on" even more as weekend unfolded. I still do not understand why he could not be detained,yet warrants were flying even at that moment to give access to his car, phone and home.

Jmo
I would bet his attorney told him not to have any contact with law enforcement period. Him being followed by unmarked cars might give him a legal out on his my charges which is minor compared to what's at stake for him. Longo created a dangerous environment for Matthew , imo.

Thanks so much for link. I got a chuckle from his landlord saying that he left his tomato plants behind and she just didn't understand... but anywhoo...

This section on the public defender stood out:

It sounds like the public defender fully expects to end up working on JM's case. I wish they would just go ahead and make the assignment and get the situation back under some sort of orderly control. All the drama isn't helping anyone, including HG and her family.

same, the tomato plants! I was thinking WTH?!

You might not care if he is black. I don't care if he is black. But statistically speaking HE should care that he is black if he wants to be treated fairly by law enforcement and the media. Sometimes the truth hurts and the truth is innocent black men fare far worse in the judicial system compared to innocent white men.

If he is innocent, his actions would make sense to me. If he is guilty it looks like he is an a-hole.

I've said it before that as a black man in the south being accused of doing harm to a white female is a precarious position, statistically. On top of that, the female is a UVA student and there are privileges conferred in general to those associated with the school when it comes to the town dealings.

I don't think the way he is acting makes sense as an innocent. Highly unusual, IMO. But then it's unusual to have LE come with a search warrent for your car just like that. Not much said about what was said to JM when they went for the car. I would have thought that a lot of effort, like all the effort in the world, all that LE could muster would have been made by their very top questioners to get some info, any info out of JM then, about Hannah since time is of the essence in these cases. It seems to me the focus was not on the men at the apt at all, as they searched the car, and what LE says, is that the men were GONE when they went back to the apt. Odd to me. You have so much info on a car that you have a search warrent but you are not watching the owner of the car when he fits the scrip of the last person who was with Hannah Graham, so he slips away just like that, when she could still have been a live??? Where was the focus that night? Something going on here and that car was v-e-r-y important for a reason, and more important than trying to wheedle info out of the owner and person last ided with Hannah. Car wasn't going anywhere. The people certainly could and did. Why wasn't focus on JM and roommates? Why weren't they watched and followed? When the #!1 priority should have been getting info on a possibly alive Hannah whose chances of being alive were diminishing by the second.

They were not doing much of anything whiile he was in their sights. They could not arrest him, could not even find a way to get info out of him. They STILL do NOT over Hannah's disappearance. Right now all they have on him is reckless driving and they are using that to the hilt. I doubt they've ever gone that heavy on a reckless driving charge before but right now it's all they have. I think the poster is inapporpriate bringing in other inflammatory infor. HE is not wanted as of yet for Hannah, much less other cases. I hope LE gets hit hard for inappropriateness of the that poster including SSN, and I hope some consumer group goes after all LE that is not taking special care NOT to releae that info on all but escaped convicted felons. It's ridiculous they are flagrently doing this illegally on an "oops" clause to be allowed. LE needs to stick by the rules.

On the other hand, that they could not come up with a way to get info out of JM about Hannah is appalling. LE should have made more effort on that the night they took his car. Hannah migh have still been alive then--chances diminish by the minute,. That they could not try to get some info out of those guys instead of just seizing the car is terrilble. Unless of course, there is more info that is not being shared. Those guys at the apt should have been followed and watched by LE after that car was seized and apt searched. For sure, JM had info on Hannah, if he is indeed the guy on that video.

BBM: Wow. Really?

I hope Hannah is found safe and well, but if not she is found promptly so her family doesn't have to go through the agony of not knowing where she is or what happened to her.

IF JM is the person responsible for Hannah's disappearance would you still want someone to "go after" LE? JM has disappeared. He's refused to co-operate with LE. He's the last person known to have been with Hannah. What would you prefer LE to do? Send him a calligraphy written invitation asking him to maybe pop by and chat over tea and biscuits but only if he wants to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member