VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I won't believe he had anything to do with her disappearance until I see cold, hard, forensic evidence -- not this "well he was the last person to be caught on video so... clearly he killed her" bs.

I just hope they are looking at other leads with just as much gusto as JM. If they find that he did in fact leave separately they have wasted an entire week solely focused on him. I really wish that LE would say WG has a airtight alibi so I can stop wondering what he did past that camera after we see him following HG. His actions were more dubious to begin with. JMs were more of a "hey I know you, whats new"?

I've never been on a thread like this. It's honestly getting to be a bit much. People's minds are running wild because there was so much action for days and now it's like an over analyzing crisis in here. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but what ever happened to following the facts? I admit that a lot of this is due to poor reporting by the media, but really? :banghead:

Who says he's beig judged to be another Scott peterson? You sstated friends are in a position to know your character more than anyone else. I just pointed out how that's not always true. Scott Peterson, Denis Rader, Ted Bundy, Justin Ross Harris, etc. A few examples among countless people whose friends had no idea who they really were.

But although that's "not always true," sometimes it is. We can agree to disagree.

Now I remember why I don't have twitter!!! 140 characters....imagine that! Those that have seen my posts see what I mean. :laughing:

With all due respect... But many times someone's own family doesn't really know them ... Dennis Rader was married with kids and was a serial killer!! Sometimes people are good at letting people see what they want them to see.

Excellent point. Having spent many years on this forum and having long conversations with my Public Defender friend I have come to realize one thing - that sometimes the criminals you should fear most are the ones who you would NEVER suspect would do anything wrong in the first place. The gentle giants and soft spoken spouses can sometimes have a soul of pure evil. Never judge a book by its cover

Re: Football head injuries and aggressive behavior. This is actually well established in the medical/psychiatric community and it is indeed quite sad. There are numerous studies done on the mild brain injuries highschool athletes sustain and their long-term effects. It is potentially interesting in light of his road rage incident and immediate regret.

For example:

http://journals.lww.com/headtraumarehab/Abstract/2006/01000/Aggressive_Behavior_Following_Traumatic_Brain.5.aspx

more reading:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1007051

http://iospress.metapress.com/content/aqq15cxx83fp7mgj/

Absolutely it's a widespread problem. JM's position was defense. Head butting. His position was listed on his old school site linked in an earlier thread.

BBM.

Is this new information? I'm sure Longo has said that he came to the station and talked cordially with a detective whilst waiting and then when, I assume, tough questions were asked about HG he asked for a lawyer?

LE then provided a list and JM called one in and minutes after talking with lawyer he left.
This was an update from this morning ... poster paraphrase from fox news:

stating that JM last seen Sunday and have not heard or seen him since then....<br />
<br />
Capt says that JM gave the PD a list of attorneys he was interested in and asked the police to call the attorneys for him. The first one they called came to the PD HQ and JM and attorney spoke and then they left without answering any questions. <br />
<br />
Came in with his Mother and Uncle...they left and went to his grandmother's house. Officer vehicles clearly in view (FBI and State Police) at grandmother's house... he and his mother got into a vehicle and drove off recklessly. They backed off because of how reckless he was driving for the safety of everyone involved. <br />
<br />
Capt confirms that they found the items they were looking for yesterday and that they are at the lab today. <br />
<br />
Fresh dirt inside the vehicle and on the tires... was mentioned.<br/>

I don't think those mall tapes are going to be that useful other than to place Hannah at the mall with the dog following her scent to bolster that. Trying to ID anyone there from the tapes without something else supporting it is going to be tough, and there have been many mistakes made on those tapes. The description that WG gave is not going to help his testimony if ever needed as it's Waaay off, not just a little off. Plus they've been circulated au nauseum. Going to be hard find locals who didn't view them. Grandma telling a British tabloid reporter she recognized JM in them isn't going to cut it in court.

JM has been placed at the mall with Hannah by eye witnesses at Tempo. How the car figures into this is crucial. There has been mention of the car being on video. Haven't seen that. LE was more interested in car than JM it seems. LE out and out said, last viewing go Hannah was in mall, so they don't have where she went after Tempo which does not seem to be on video.

IMO,it's all going to come down to the forensics report. If that comes up empty, LE is going to have a big problem. But Longo seems to be confident that they have something.

Im guess they do NOT want his testimony, because his inaccurate description hurts their case. That's why they need different eyewitnesses.

No clue. Everyone is so tunnel vision focused on JLMJr. that WG isn't on anyone's radar.

How do you know that? That's certainly not the case here. We've talked quite a bit about him. And unless you are personally involved in the investigation you have no idea what LE is doing behind closed doors, respectfully.

I've felt much better about WG since the (rumors) flying around last night that he was a bouncer at Rapture (looking for link to bouncer story).
Rewatching the video after reading that, I can see it as a possibility.
If WG was NOT the bouncer with an airtight alibi (i.e. he returned to the bar), I hope LE still watches him closely.

I just hope they are looking at other leads with just as much gusto as JM. If they find that he did in fact leave separately they have wasted an entire week solely focused on him. I really wish that LE would say WG has a airtight alibi so I can stop wondering what he did past that camera after we see him following HG. His actions were more dubious to begin with. JMs were more of a "hey I know you, whats new"?

No clue. Everyone is so tunnel vision focused on JLMJr. that WG isn't on anyone's radar.

WG immediately came forward and cooperated with LE. JM was the last person known to be with HG and has been uncooperative and is a fugitive. Enough evidence was found to secure search warrants for his car and apartment. Why would LE NOT be focused on wanting to speak with JM?

The thing that is bothering me the most is that JM has information that would help find HG. And he is not willing at this point to talk. If he is as nice and kind as his friends have stated, why has he chosen to remain silent? It is his right, I get that. But if he has nothing to hide, why is he running? Why has he chosen to remain silent? Unfortunately, this points to a guilty conscience. I can understand his fear to a degree, but come on. He can run, but he can't hide forever.

I hope he will give thought to his mother and grandmother if he cannot to HG family. They are all going through hell. He is bound to have a cell phone. Have his friends, family and LE tried to contact him?

BBM. How do you know? Links? As far as I know, he's said he parted ways with her and doesn't know what happened after that.

I don't think those mall tapes are going to be that useful other than to place Hannah at the mall with the dog following her scent to bolster that. Trying to ID anyone there from the tapes without something else supporting it is going to be tough, and there have been many mistakes made on those tapes. The description that WG gave is not going to help his testimony if ever needed as it's Waaay off, not just a little off. Plus they've been circulated au nauseum. Going to be hard find locals who didn't view them. Grandma telling a British tabloid reporter she recognized JM in them isn't going to cut it in court.

JM has been placed at the mall with Hannah by eye witnesses at Tempo. How the car figures into this is crucial. There has been mention of the car being on video. Haven't seen that. LE was more interested in car than JM it seems. LE out and out said, last viewing go Hannah was in mall, so they don't have where she went after Tempo which does not seem to be on video.

IMO,it's all going to come down to the forensics report. If that comes up empty, LE is going to have a big problem. But Longo seems to be confident that they have something.
I think crucial is what went on inside Tempo . Was anything overheard by employees (bouncer,bartender), the physical condition of both JM and HG (was she high/drunk, was he?) How did they interact with each other? touchy feeley?, was she looking to get out of there? LE knows the answers to those questions which I'm sure plays a big role on why they need to question JM further .I can't see that happening unless he is completely innocent(him coming in and talking).

The soil samples will totally indicate where he went.

what is the point of LE giving a cryptic message about tunnels?

If they know she is in a tunnel, that will be easy to find. Much easier than somewhere out in the country.

I asked earlier, but got no response. How easy is it to dig around there?

Where I live, the soil is clay, filled with rocks.

Digging by trees gives you tons of roots.

He is strong, but he would need a lot of time and things such as a good shovel and an something to cut through roots if he was going to dig at all.

In the case of little Colton is Texas, the monsters moved him from the first spot to one they covered with sheetrock.

The question is if he planned this and had a location in mind ( for whenever the opportunity arose) or was it spontaneous.

I do not think he could haul her off into the woods too far. She was very tall and thin.

The reason I don't want it to be him is that monsters should be easily recognized. He worked. He had lots of normal looking friends and people said what a great guy he is.

So far he does not scream monster although I do wonder what his early years were like

The 'monsters' never seem to scream monster to those he interacts with on a daily basis. Ted Bundy is a good example. Also, several years ago, a fellow sleuth described working at the same candy factory as Jeffrey Dahmer. Described Dahmer as and unremarkable person who showed up to work on time every day and performed his duties. I personally worked with a guy who made me uncomfortable but none of the other employees found him strange at all. Some co-workers even sang with him in a gospel choir. As it turns out, he is now in prison for raping and molesting two young boys in the church youth group. Monsters are difficult to spot w/ the naked eye, IMO.

What are they gonna get out of the dirt?

Believe it or not, they can use the dirt to help narrow down the search area. Damp earth with traces of sand and certain plants can be indicative of a location near a river or body of water, for instance. Really rocky soil with traces of shale could show a mountainous location.

Find fresh soil on the tires and in the car worries me because the first thing that comes to mind is a shallow and hurriedly dug grave.

WG immediately came forward and cooperated with LE. JM was the last person known to be with HG and has been uncooperative and is a fugitive. Enough evidence was found to secure search warrants for his car and apartment. Why would LE NOT be focused on wanting to speak with JM?

I think they should focus on JM but not ONLY JM considering they don't seem to have that much on him. He was the last person seen with HG but WG was the 2nd last person seen following her. That's reason enough.

Someone may want to tweet Laura and suggest she clarify her tweets :facepalm:

Because of what's gone on here, it's already spreading other places that WG is LE which isn't what she was saying, and those other places are saying that WS is confirming it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind