VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so far all I see is tunnel vision by the va LE,regarding Mathew. He doesn't fit the profile,at all of a SO or muderder. Citizen in good standing, works in sx the OR fgs, used to drive taxi. I truly believe he is innocent...I see not one scintilla of evidence linking him to,this crime. In light of current affairs in MO, I believe he is AA, employed, in good community standing, and terrified which explains his actions. Most of all I am terrified of the witch hunt behavior here in regards to him for this crime. We Hv so,far not one thing linking. Him to her disappearance, let alone the out theory is sex trafficking. Doesn't fit the profile at all, as a matter of fact, so everyone please take a step back. They want to talk to him, they Hv no evidence to date that he defiled or kidnapped anyone. Sev search warrants are sealed for 180 Days and until then we must wait and not be so quick to hang this man. He has nothing that indicates he is the correct POI and he doesn't fit the profile. I suggest the FBI call in a profiler who is worth is weight in gold. Jmmo. Something isn't fitting here for me. Not at all.

The charges against the 6-foot-2, 270-pound Matthew surprised Dave Hansen, who first met him about 11 years ago when Hansen served as an assistant pastor at an area church.

"I always thought he was a gentle giant, just a nice guy," Hansen said. "He seemed genuine with his faith and spirituality. ... I don't see him doing this at all, but that's usually the case, I guess."

Hansen said he's only kept up with Matthew through Facebook, but ran into him at the university's medical center within the last year. He said the soft-spoken Matthew greeted him in an elevator with a high-five.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/suspect-captured-in-case-of-missing-uva-student?ocid=ansnews11

If he's 270lbs, then I'm Barbara Streisand.

That's just old information, but I'm sure he lost some poundage on his pilgrimage.

HLN was calling him a Gentle Giant, too.

He doesn't seem to fit the same profile as them, that's for sure. He seems to be the type of guy who f-s up and wonders the next morning, what got into him. He has impulse issues and isn't proving to be the smartest criminal in the books. Wrong place, wrong time for both of them. Shame.

the perfect tool....

But I think maybe he doesn't fit the narcissistic profile as much as they do? Alot of his friends and family claim otherwise. People commit horrible crimes. Some regret them. Not all are sociopaths/pyschopaths.

I'm not sure we know enough about JM to say that he has or doesn't have narcissistic traits. They fool a lot of people. Otherwise I agree with you.

I care. Families of the perpetrators are also victims. I am unfortunate to know first hand. Ruins their lives also. Big time.

My sincere condolences to you.

Perps usually have a choice, most often their victims do not.

I read specific clothes they were looking for were found. I took that to mean the clothes he was wearing in all of the videos.

Thank you for the reply. My news specifically said Hannah's clothing. Odd! Maybe they are misinformed or I'm missing something!

so far all I see is tunnel vision by the va LE,regarding Mathew. He doesn't fit the profile,at all of a SO or muderder. Citizen in good standing, works in sx the OR fgs, used to drive taxi. I truly believe he is innocent...I see not one scintilla of evidence linking him to,this crime. In light of current affairs in MO, I believe he is AA, employed, in good community standing, and terrified which explains his actions. Most of all I am terrified of the witch hunt behavior here in regards to him for this crime. We Hv so,far not one thing linking. Him to her disappearance, let alone the out theory is sex trafficking. Doesn't fit the profile at all, as a matter of fact, so everyone please take a step back. They want to talk to him, they Hv no evidence to date that he defiled or kidnapped anyone. Sev search warrants are sealed for 180 Days and until then we must wait and not be so quick to hang this man. He has nothing that indicates he is the correct POI and he doesn't fit the profile. I suggest the FBI call in a profiler who is worth is weight in gold. Jmmo. Something isn't fitting here for me. Not at all.

Wow. Well, I don't know what to say.

'

Oh and fwiw I'm with stones on this! There is no evidence is sex trafficking in this case...and I'm surprised at how many really don't understand state laws or civics on a crime board. Yes open several tabs google is your friend. Link to his prior record please. Last name Mathew.....not Mathews. I see no prior arrest record for him. Link to any violence or hatred of women of exs coming fwd. Do we even know if he is a straight male? These r the questions we should b asking.....this in no way is a case to start posting WE got him, it's a witch hunt I request this stops until DNA evidence is in or trial. Nothing on record to show he is someone who has to rape kill and defile in order to receive sex. There r so many questions NOT being asked here that I figuratively slap a few wrists. And offer caution.

"As Graham's friends and family held vigils for her safe return, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo announced the arrest at a press conference Wednesday night and told reporters, "This case is nowhere near over."

Matthew is in police custody in Texas, police said. He will be extradited to Virginia"
bbm
http://www.people.com/article/hannah-graham-missing-suspect-arrested

They never confess...IMHO...I just think back to all the other ones that fooled everyone...Scott Peterson, Joran Van Der Sloot...they all had families that cared for them. They all had a good life. Why do something like this? It is a part of their make-up...some type of wiring.

Actually, they sometimes do confess, especially when confronted with evidence and the distinct possibility of being convicted and sentenced to death. In at least two cases that I have followed since joining Websleuths, the perp has confessed. BS Lavergne confessed, in relatively short time after being apprehended, to not only killing Mickey Shunick, but at least one other, Lisa Pate, as well. And here in my area, Nick Holbert took two years to get around to it, but he did eventually confess to killing Kelli Bordeaux (and while he had long been named as the only POI, he was not even under arrest at the time). And yes, both perps led LE directly to their victims' remains, neither of which would probably ever have been found otherwise. JMO

I read specific clothes they were looking for were found. I took that to mean the clothes he was wearing in all of the videos.

Thank you for the reply. My news specifically said Hannah's clothing. Odd! Maybe they are misinformed or I'm missing something!

I believe it was specific "items". Speculation here & in the media is that those "might" be clothing.

Could be because of his color? Not being funny, maybe he stands out there?

He would certainly blend in well in Galveston. I saw he was charged with failure to identify as well giving false info. I have no idea if this has been stated...I've been stuck watching reality TV :)

I initially thought they were working together, the way JM looks over in WG's direction, WG stops in a doorway and then follows Hannah. Still weird to me TBH.

I am still hung up on the video when JM is first spotted in the mall, before he crosses over. If you stop it at the very beginning over and over and watch slowly, you can see it looks like he is just standing still at the edge of the frame, talking on the phone. He appears to hang up the phone and then WG walks out...then, they are both watching Hannah. It is still weird to me...but I know WG has been ruled out. Something still looks weird about that video almost like someone had phoned him saying, "Here she comes...she is the girl walking alone in the sparkle shirt." ...who knows...would love to see phone records to find out who he is talking to at that very moment!!!

I didn't notice that JM was on his phone on this video. But, what I've thought is that the group of (mostly) boys behind HG were heckling her--that the distress WG reported may have come from those guys behind her. Knowing how those groups can be at times, I wonder if they were being loud and drew attention to themselves and to HG. They may possibly have set this whole thing in motion...IMO.

so far all I see is tunnel vision by the va LE,regarding Mathew. He doesn't fit the profile,at all of a SO or muderder. Citizen in good standing, works in sx the OR fgs, used to drive taxi. I truly believe he is innocent...I see not one scintilla of evidence linking him to,this crime. In light of current affairs in MO, I believe he is AA, employed, in good community standing, and terrified which explains his actions. Most of all I am terrified of the witch hunt behavior here in regards to him for this crime. We Hv so,far not one thing linking. Him to her disappearance, let alone the out theory is sex trafficking. Doesn't fit the profile at all, as a matter of fact, so everyone please take a step back. They want to talk to him, they Hv [B]no evidence to date that he defiled or kidnapped anyone.[/B] Sev search warrants are sealed for 180 Days and until then we must wait and not be so quick to hang this man. He has nothing that indicates he is the correct POI and he doesn't fit the profile. I suggest the FBI call in a profiler who is worth is weight in gold. Jmmo. Something isn't fitting here for me. Not at all.

BBM

They haven't charged him with defiling anyone. They've charged him with abduction with intent to defile. I agree the evidence that's been publically released is not strong. But the police are likely not releasing all the evidence they have. We don't know what they do or don't have at this point. JMO

You make absolutely no sense! LE obviously has probable cause for these recent charges. The prosecutor seems meticulous. The police have only released a very small portion of there case to the public. They do this is most cases. Telling the public everything they have while the case is open can compromise it.

He does fit the profile. Learn about criminals especially the serial killers. John Wayne Gacy was a pillar of the community. Same with Ted Bundy. Bundy worked for a suicide prevention hotline he was saving lives then went on a killing spree murdering at least 30 females.

I still can't believe people still act like this thinking that because somebody is a nice person means they can't commit a violent crime. This has been proven false over and over and over. And yet some people are still naïve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member