VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be a little to focusedf on JM here in this thread , we should be focusing on the victim who is still missing. I think LE will produce their case as time goes by . As I stated in another post he has an attorney now he will not confess to the police the time to question him has passed.

Just a little local flavor from a Houstonian...

Galveston is an island located 50 miles south of Houston on the Gulf of Mexico. It is connected to the mainland by a causeway--I 45 S.
The Bolivar (rhymes with Oliver) peninsula can be reached from Galveston by a free ferry--the Bolivar Ferry.
The Bolivar Peninsula and Galveston were quite devastated by Hurricane Ike in 2008. The little hamlets on the peninsula are lightly populated.

JM just doesn't give me the creep factor of a serial killer/rapist. I'm Leaning towards impulse problems. That IF he did it.

I don't mean to keep responding to your posts, ninij9. You've just been getting my mind flowing. So, in regard to the 'creep' factor....I usually chalk this up to recognizing patterns. We all have our own experiences in life to add to this.

Now that I'm all caught up, I have to go to sleep. :( How many pages will be here when I wake up? Thread, 15,16,17? ��. Goodnight all

I hope youre kidding.

Innocent people dont typically get charged with failure to identify, and giving false information to a police officer....1300 miles away from where they are wanted for class 2 felonies and reckless driving charges that stem from eluding state police.

Anyone who thinks JLM is innocent at this point is beyond all hope of redemption IMO.

Redemption from what?

LE is not going to tip their hand at this point. They have probable cause to arrest him and have the time needed to make the case. We should be trying to figure out where HG is and return her to her family.

http://abc13.com/news/suspect-in-student-disappearance-arrested-in-galveston/321945/

A day before his capture, surveillance cameras inside a Galveston convenience store caught him buying mosquito repellent.

"He asked me the question if it's safe to stay on the beach, so I told him yeah it's good there," store owner Dave Paresh said. "He did buy some Off! from me and he walked outside and then came back again ... and got some water from me and then he just walked out."

Paresh said he had no idea Matthew was a wanted man.

"Some scary people come in here, like him," he said. "I'm glad I didn't know that yesterday."

ETA: Clear video showing him inside the store buying supplies

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but my local news in Louisville Ky just said they found some of Hannah's clothes in JM's home. I had not heard that anywhere else. Did LE release that info? I was shocked to hear it.

Not to my knowledge (though it has been speculated) either something new just came out or your new got mixed up. Considering they are not local (to c'ville) I suspect the later.

Some details coming in now from JM's road trip to Texas. This article describes how they placed him in LA when he called back to VA on a borrowed cell phone. It appears they had phone line taps on his family's lines. It also says they placed his car en route when he went through some sort of highway sensor. Sounds like they picked up the license plate that way:

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/report-c...rs-tripped-up-uva-abduction-suspect-in-texas/

Sure, maybe. Anything's possible, I guess. Still JM was the last person we know of that saw her before she disappeared... plus he fled to Texas rather than help police with any helpful info that could find her.

I just think he would have fled sooner. Then his going to the police station too. I'm not convinced one way or the other, but for some reason my gut tells me he's not lying when he says she went her way and I went mine.

Look, I'm sorry, someone here is trying to compare his grandmother's pain to his parents (as victims). Ridiculous. Like I said in another post, I'm in a bad mood. But talk about Popcorn, his grandmother, WG, trafficking and . By the way, some expert on CNN just said that "fleeing from the police" is considered evidence of "consciousness of guilt." Take that for what you may.

The charges, are also considered predicate for the death penalty (assuming they can later prove a murder)....which may be a means to use leverage for having him tell them where her body is. So the charges have nothing to do with trafficking, it's a means to lay the plan for the death penalty should they find a body and have a conviction. LE leverage to get him to work with them.

If you're in a bad mood, this is not the place to be.

I cannot believe he is just walking around in what looks to be lounge clothes, like he has no care in the world. Maybe he wanted a mini vacation before he's in the slammer? So glad someone called in that tip.

"We're asking for a broader community search with property owners," Longo told CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," in an interview to air Wednesday night.

Specifically, he said he wants property owners of large parcels in surrounding counties to search their land and report back".

>>>>>>>snip>>>>>>

"Authorities are now offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Graham, 18, a second-year student at the University of Virginia.

They have received 1,500 tips so far in the case, and are urging anyone with information to call the police tip line at 434-295-3851.

"We're asking every person within the sound of my voice to help us find Hannah Graham," Longo, the police chief, said"

bbm

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/26622001/suspect-in-hannah-graham-case-in-custody#.VCOQEhZabk-

were they able to ping Hannah's phone. i'm sure this was discussed in the beginning of the case. I'm late joining in

Oh and fwiw I'm with stones on this! There is no evidence is sex trafficking in this case...and I'm surprised at how many really don't understand state laws or civics on a crime board. Yes open several tabs google is your friend. Link to his prior record please. Last name Mathew.....not Mathews. I see no prior arrest record for him. Link to any violence or hatred of women of exs coming fwd. Do we even know if he is a straight male? These r the questions we should b asking.....this in no way is a case to start posting WE got him, it's a witch hunt I request this stops until DNA evidence is in or trial. Nothing on record to show he is someone who has to rape kill and defile in order to receive sex. There r so many questions NOT being asked here that I figuratively slap a few wrists. And offer caution.

bbm, isn't his last name Matthew with 2 t's? Just making sure we are spelling his name correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010