VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RESPECTFULLY, who said race was a factor?

Race has not been a big factor in this case, which is a good thing. We haven't had special interest groups fighting it out. It been a straight forward case in that respect even though it has all of the elements to become a black/white issue. We've come a long way, and I give Charlottesville, UVA, LE, all those involved and members of these forum a lot of credit and respect for this. I've seen less complicated, less serious thing go downhill very quickly in this area.

But any AA community, family, individual would get uneasy in this scenario. The history of how an AA male in the south accused of the disappearance of a white female has not been favorable for such a male statistically speaking. About 10 years ago Chief TIm Longo found himself accused of racial profiling when he got the bright idea of collecting DNA from AA males to put in data base to match up for some unsolved cases. http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2004/03/police-ask-residents-for-dna-samples-to-aid-serial/ Didn't get well received at all. Should have just doubled the data base and added equal numbers of Non AA participants, IMO, but the idea was shelved as racist and racial profiling.

I think that another issue at play here is the town gown thing. As some UVA posters indicated, there is not a lot of interaction between the two, especially first year students, and the new term has just begun.

IMO the focus on JM being the last one seen with Hannah has been appropriate, and teh national media attention on this case will hopefully keep everyone on their toes and observing the rules. I don't think JM would have been treated any differently had he not been AA.

How exactly is a house "framed"? Other than with studs and nails. lol

The sentence previous to mine said:

Note that HE did not leave the police station at a high rate of speed, (according to the ones that were monitoring his movements) it was his GrandMother's house.

5 days of forensic testing......most likely at FBI Lab in Quantico, VA........and they got nuthin'???? Wow.

Not yet, Longo cleared up that JM did not go speeding out of the police station though...

I would bookmark the main page of this forum once you find it, for newer folks...jmo

RESPECTFULLY, who said race was a factor?

Race has not been a big factor in this case, which is a good thing. We haven't had special interest groups fighting it out. It been a straight forward case in that respect even though it has all of the elements to become a black/white issue. We've come a long way, and I give Charlottesville, UVA, LE, all those involved and members of these forum a lot of credit and respect for this. I've seen less complicated, less serious thing go downhill very quickly in this area.

But any AA community, family, individual would get uneasy in this scenario. The history of how an AA male in the south accused of the disappearance of a white female has not been favorable for such a male statistically speaking. About 10 years ago Chief TIm Longo found himself accused of racial profiling when he got the bright idea of collecting DNA from AA males to put in data base to match up for some unsolved cases. http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2004/03/police-ask-residents-for-dna-samples-to-aid-serial/ Didn't get well received at all. Should have just doubled the data base and added equal numbers of Non AA participants, IMO, but the idea was shelved as racist and racial profiling.

I think that another issue at play here is the town gown thing. As some UVA posters indicated, there is not a lot of interaction between the two, especially first year students, and the new term has just begun.

IMO the focus on JM being the last one seen with Hannah has been appropriate, and teh national media attention on this case will hopefully keep everyone on their toes and observing the rules. I don't think JM would have been treated any differently had he not been AA.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

We have now had: LE gave him List, then he(JM) gave them a list and now back to LE provided a list. I appreciate it is a small point, but still...

I'm getting dizzy.

Longo was just interviewed by coy. This time he said they gave him the list, a usual list they would have in the station*.

*not exact quote

I believe that statement by a poster was followed with "JMO IDK", so I THINK it was their opinion. MY recollection was Longo stated at the press conference last night "forensic evidence" was what led to the new charges.

Yeah That would be me. jmo idk

JUST IN: police say evidence testing on first search of #JesseMatthew apt. & car has come back. Police won't say if that promted new charge.

— Henry Graff (@HenryGraff) September 24, 2014

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...nt-in-Search-for-Hannah-Graham-276458931.html

It's my opinion that if there was any, ANY dna longo would be screaming from the courtroom. jmo idk

bbm Do you have a link for this. TIA

Okay, this questioning is based on something I read in the other thread, but where is it stated that the forensics came back negative? I know I remember Longo specifically saying that they found something that brought on the second search. Am I right? Can someone help me here. I've missed so many posts. Bring me up to speed on if the forensics negative thing is a fact, please!

I saw that as well. I think it was just a conclusion based on the first set of lab results coming in, and LE not releasing any details about those results. I don't think anyone outside of LE knows what the results are at this point. IMO

Until I read athelake's post page 1 I didn't know this info at all, I missed it: Sunday afternoon, September 14: Graham’s friends and family realize nobody’s heard from or seen her since the early hours of Saturday morning—more than 36 hours before. At 4:34pm, someone calls 911. Police launch a search in the Corner area in the evening with a bloodhound, but turn up nothing.
No one realised she was missing all day and night Saturday? :(

I thought that same thing! Maybe she has one of the one-bedroom apartments at Grand Marc, no roomies?

I believe that statement by a poster was followed with "JMO IDK", so I THINK it was their opinion. MY recollection was Longo stated at the press conference last night "forensic evidence" was what led to the new charges.

That was my recollection too, UNTIL I went back & watched again just now. Longo DID NOT specify what led them to having enough probable cause for the warrant.

I just heard him discuss it on the Coy B radioshow, & his phrasing has led me to speculate there on, but I'm going to keep it for myself for the moment ;).

I can no longer locate HG's facebook. Is anyone else having this issue?

I thought that same thing! Maybe she has one of the one-bedroom apartments at Grand Marc, no roomies?

I think they said she had three roommates but they each had their own rooms within the one apartment.

The sentence previous to mine said:

Note that HE did not leave the police station at a high rate of speed, (according to the ones that were monitoring his movements) it was his GrandMother's house.

Still not sure how the house is being "framed". I take "framed" to mean fabricated evidence to make someone who is innocent appear to be guilty. Perhaps you intended to convey that the house was under surveillance?

Still not sure how the house is being "framed". I take "framed" to mean fabricated evidence to make someone who is innocent appear to be guilty. Perhaps you intended to convey that the house was under surveillance?

I think the poster was just joking.

jmo

Until I read athelake's post page 1 I didn't know this info at all, I missed it: Sunday afternoon, September 14: Graham’s friends and family realize nobody’s heard from or seen her since the early hours of Saturday morning—more than 36 hours before. At 4:34pm, someone calls 911. Police launch a search in the Corner area in the evening with a bloodhound, but turn up nothing.
No one realised she was missing all day and night Saturday? :(

Just my opinion but she is a college student, it was the weekend, and she possible lived alone i don't think its unusual that no one noticed for a day and a half.

Jmo I think because JM is seen on tape with Hannah, that has helped in not making the case too racially viewed. If LE came up with up with him out of nowhere, it might be worse. Though on FB and news sites, the comments still get pretty racist and disgusting. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr