VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this means there will be no reason to release any additional evidence prior to a trial.

This is the local news that said he "turned himself in" prior to the news conference. Sorry do not have video of them saying it.

http://www.wric.com

Edit: I assume they got it wrong :)

A deputy of the Galveston Sheriff's Office took Matthew into custody in Galveston, Texas. The department issued the following statement following the arrest announcement.

"The Galveston County Sheriff's Office Deputy has arrested Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. in connection with the Kidnapping of Hannah Graham in Virgina. He was located on the Beach in Gilcrest on the Bolivar Pennisula this afternoon around 3:30PM.

per that article

This is kinda a stupid comment because it's not based on reality but based on a movie, but from the first time I saw Longo speak my mind went straight to "The Silence of the Lambs" movie where Clarice was commenting on a news conference saying something like, "that's smart, that's really smart"-- and then she commented that they were saying the missing woman's name a lot or something to make the missing woman more human.

I know, I know. . . life is not a movie. However writers sometimes *do* research these things.

When Longo says Hannah's name, his voice squeezes her tight. You know?

Matthew was "located on the Beach in Gilcrest on the Bolivar Peninsula this afternoon around 3:30 p.m.," according to a news release from the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/uva-abduction-suspect-custody-texas/story?id=25740943

Adam Lee of the FBI credited a Texas police officer with the arrest, but did not provide further details. Authorities in Galveston said Matthew was located on a beach in nearby Gilcrest.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/2...sity-virginia-student-charged-with-abduction/

'
Made me think of his Trip Friday to the DMV and a passport photos.

He may have stopped by a city where could find help in crossing the border, too, by illegal means.

May be he wanted a current picture for his Fake ID. I suspect the trip to the DMV was part of his exit plan.

Did he get a passport photo?

the do. that was the whole point of the parents at the pc, the toy, the stories about her being eldest grandchild etc. It's to humanise to the perp. tug on his heartstrings.

I agree 100%.

While I'm not saying the guy is guilty (though he's not looking great imo), if I thought I was about to go to jail for life or worse, I'd make sure to eat a ton of pizza, catch a lot of rays, drink a lot of booze, and maybe see the ocean one last time. . . .

But yeah. . . most likely dbag was heading to Mexico and just incompetent at that too.

Says the reward is for information leading to the location of Hannah Graham.

ByVmqv-IEAAUBgb.jpg

Seriously, what was he doing? Catching some rays? All while Hannah's family has to wonder what happened to their daughter? :maddening:

Sad to think. I'm sure Hannah and her Family wish they were enjoying the beach. Together. Creeps me out to think he may have been chatting up young gals on that beach Grrrrrr.......maddening for sure.

I wonder if the case will be pretty quiet now until LE finds Hannah or finds significant evidence to charge him w/ murder w/o a body.

Longo said something at the end about speaking to the media again, probably within the next 24 hours

You have to take a ferry to get to the Bolivar Peninsula.

I don't think you do unless Google maps is wrong. You would take a ferry coming from Galveston, but if he came in the back way on the 124 to the 87 he could have driven onto the peninsula. I am guessing he was driving at night and just spending time in less populated areas during the day. Probably thought sitting on a beach was a fairly safe way to lay low.

Don't you think that it is a step closer? By having him in custody we're a lot more likely to find out what happened than having him on the run. Or more than if he had chosen the easy way out...

I don;t know. I mean certainly it is a better chance than if he offed himself or wasn't arrested. But I'm not holding my breath that he will talk.

I'm watching Nancy Grace and a reporter said Hannah's parents gave forensic lab her DNA

Yes Texas not a good place to hide out.LE on the look out there,so much drug trafficking.

Matthew was "located on the Beach in Gilcrest on the Bolivar Peninsula this afternoon around 3:30 p.m.," according to a news release from the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/uva-abduction-suspect-custody-texas/story?id=25740943

Adam Lee of the FBI credited a Texas police officer with the arrest, but did not provide further details. Authorities in Galveston said Matthew was located on a beach in nearby Gilcrest.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/2...sity-virginia-student-charged-with-abduction/

on a beach?

I cannot believe people can make jokes about such a tragic situation. This is still a mystery. I would personally like to see all of the evidence before I make judgments. I also would like to see this case end with Hannah found alive. I am saddened about my little town.

snipped for space
Welcome!
WS welcomes opinions....... statistically the chance of HannaH being found alive is slim...but there is always hope....hope reigns eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay