VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for space. Didn't Longo say forensics are what enabled them to charge him with abduction with intent to defile? Seems like I remember that but I can't find it now.

No. Longo did not say so. The first forensics report came after the charge. Though Longo might have gotten off the record info. My guess is that he used his attorney's training to come up with the charge since the DA would not go for anything stronger. It fits well IMO. Or maybe the DA came up with it. They did not have to go far to come up with it as it was a charge used for the nearby Alexis Murphy case.

Has anyone ever determined where she was after she left the party at 11:55 before she showed up on video almost an hour later? If so, I'm sorry... I must have missed it.

I followed the Alexis Murphy case since it's fairly local here in VA. I found it hard to keep up with the case because the public knew very little of the evidence. The case seemed to be very protected. Maybe that's why I thought local news skimmed over it. It was a major disappearance of a beautiful young woman and I felt the public knew very little about it.

Apparently a gag order of sorts was put on that case for some reason. Also , sadly AA women don't get the press that white college coeds do. Nor do white women who are not college coeds or from families of "distinction" that have large mass followings like a college crowd.

I think your pleas would fall on deft ears.

If he was going to talk he would have done so some time ago.

He is going to say nothing.

He probably really believes 'no body no case' but of course we, who keep up with crimes like this.. know that is not the case anymore. I cant even remember in recent years where a missing body case has ended in a NG. The DAs are getting so good at trying missing body cases that we are now seeing for the first time where they are going for the death penalty even though the body has never been located. I expect in the coming weeks or months the charges will be upgraded.

They are going to get him. You can see how confident Longo is and he knows they have the evidence needed to prove it was JM who abducted Hannah.

IMO

You are probably right. I hope there is someone in his sphere of influence that would encourage him to talk. Purely for ethical and moral reasons...

Yes, That happens with me often. Or a voicemail wil pop up that was sent a few days prior.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...ent-galveston-texas-charlottesville/16214569/
Why is the only information about Hannah's last night with people from surveillance video? What about the friends she was with earlier in the evening? What did they have to say about how the evening was going? To me, the images of her running / walking fast, and WG's description of her as "distressed" sound like a young woman running away from an uncomfortable or humiliating experience (while drinking and not thinking clearly). Is "distressed" now a code word for intoxicated? Being somewhat drunk AND upset could make someone lean on another (even a stranger) for support just as much as a higher level of intoxication, IMO.

Is that a literal quote of her last text? "I'm coming to a party....but I'm lost"?

Wouldn't you say "I'm coming to THE party" if you were texting people at the party you were trying to find? Or "I'm GOING to a party" if you were texting someone not at the party you were trying to find? I agree with whoever said the timing of this text is strange - AFTER she's been seen outside Tempo with JM. Did anyone respond to her last text?

About that text, I have wondered if it was a group text she sent since it's been said that Hannah texted her "friends" that she was lost, not Hannah texted her friend, or her roommate, or the girl who she was meeting at that party. I'm sure LE knows, just something I have wondered...

Snipped for space. Didn't Longo say forensics are what enabled them to charge him with abduction with intent to defile? Seems like I remember that but I can't find it now.

Yes he did. And I have faith since Longo's Dept. the FBI and the SA's office all support

About that text, I have wondered if it was a group text she sent since it's been said that Hannah texted her "friends" that she was lost, not Hannah texted her friend, or her roommate, or the girl who she was meeting at that party. I'm sure LE knows, just something I have wondered...

Maybe JM told her he was taking her to a party.. She didn't know where she was so gave a cross street reference as she was starting to feel uncomfortable.. Like a clue for anyone.. I think she was starting to figure out he was not taking her to a party.. Then phone gets taken from her and turned off cause he figured out what she was doing

I don't think anyone is ready to 'fry' him. I haven't even heard that he has gotten any death threats.

But I sure am not ready to say he is being framed, railroaded, or whatever, based on absolutely nothing.

I do believe he abducted Hannah and I think Longo has the evidence to prove that he did.

Longo owes the public nothing. Neither the police or the DA ever releases the evidence they have to the public. As Longo said the evidence will come out in the trial, where it should.

I also do believe he raped the young woman in 2002 and I believe the college believed it too and that is why they expelled him.

I also think he has preyed upon other women.

Yes, these are my opinions before it is even proven and that is why we come to message boards to discuss cases such as this before, during, and after a trial is held. We can hold any opinion we want and we can change it at anytime if more information comes forward. That is what makes sites like WS so great.

The only ones who will have to presume him innocent is the jury selected to sit in judgment on his case.

Frankly, I don't think he is innocent and that is why he has the actions and behaviors of a very guilty man.

IMO

Thanks button was not enough ... :goodpost:

I agree she seems to have been on something. The thing that has bothered me was that she was on prescribed medications from her doctor and alcohol and other drugs, illicit or not, could have caused her to have a major drug reaction.

With that said, if she did have a major drug reaction, JM could have driven her to the ER or called 911. In the OR, he has more than likely witnessed surgeries that have severe complications, like death.

I completely agree and think it will be interesting to see what they have that lead to these charges. I don't believe with this case being as high profile as it is they would go out in a limb and chase this guy across the country if they didn't have evidence that showed he is the right suspect.

As a mom myself with 3 grown young adults this case breaks my heart. At her age they really think they are invincible and I am sure she never in a million years thought she was in the danger she was in.

And I dont mean to post and run but I have little ones still and the bus came (lol oops)

Maybe JM told her he was taking her to a party.. She didn't know where she was so gave a cross street reference as she was starting to feel uncomfortable.. Like a clue for anyone.. I think she was starting to figure out he was not taking her to a party.. Then phone gets taken from her and turned off cause he figured out what she was doing

I hope thats not what happened! When she went missing I hope she was out of it enough to not realize what was going on

I think your pleas would fall on deft ears.

If he was going to talk he would have done so some time ago.

He is going to say nothing.

He probably really believes 'no body no case' but of course we, who keep up with crimes like this.. know that is not the case anymore. I cant even remember in recent years where a missing body case has ended in a NG. The DAs are getting so good at trying missing body cases that we are now seeing for the first time where they are going for the death penalty even though the body has never been located. I expect in the coming weeks or months the charges will be upgraded.

They are going to get him. You can see how confident Longo is and he knows they have the evidence needed to prove it was JM who abducted Hannah.

IMO

BBM
Not necessarily. I don't think LE approached this the right way either. I've said this a number of times. Missed opportunity when they went to serve that warrent for the car and the phone and the apartment. You don't get cooperation when you wake someone in the wee hours of the AM and serve those warrents. They were more interested in the item than with him or his roommates as they slipped away unnoticed. They really should have had a trained interviewer there. But then, who knows maybe they did try before that and haven't said anything to the public. But if they did not, that was a mistake. It really should have been more crucial to get him under watch, and try to get him to talk about Hannah than it was. They just let him slip away right there.

He shouldn't say anything at this point, innocent or guilty. All statements should come through his attorney.

Though cases have been won without a body, such as the recent Alexis Murphy one, it's more diffiicult. The perp, Randy Taylor talked too much, caught lying about so much. If JM just stays mum, DA is going to have to prove every bit of the case beyond reasonable doubt.

Longo has to appear confident with all the time, money and resources spent. If he has nothing, he'd be in big trouble. LE has to look like they are doing something. I'm really not that impressed with the way it was handled, though perhaps a lot was not released. No idea where Hannah is still. All that trouble to have to get the perp in custody. All ths time. I'd be so upset if I were a parent.

I hope thats not what happened! When she went missing I hope she was out of it enough to not realize what was going on

I think she wasn't out of it.. I think fear kicked in and sobered her up quick and she was desperately trying to get help with out being overly obvious.. But he figured out what she was doing.. She did not want to be with him sexually and let him know it.. Otherwise he could have raped her and let her be and say she was drunk and didn't remember correctly that she had consented in her drunk state etc

Has anyone ever determined where she was after she left the party at 11:55 before she showed up on video almost an hour later? If so, I'm sorry... I must have missed it.

Nope, there hasn't been any explanation for that window of time.

BBM
Not necessarily. I don't think LE approached this the right way either. I've said this a number of times. Missed opportunity when they went to serve that warrent for the car and the phone and the apartment. You don't get cooperation when you wake someone in the wee hours of the AM and serve those warrents. They were more interested in the item than with him or his roommates as they slipped away unnoticed. They really should have had a trained interviewer there. But then, who knows maybe they did try before that and haven't said anything to the public. But if they did not, that was a mistake. It really should have been more crucial to get him under watch, and try to get him to talk about Hannah than it was. They just let him slip away right there.

He shouldn't say anything at this point, innocent or guilty. All statements should come through his attorney.

Though cases have been won without a body, such as the recent Alexis Murphy one, it's more diffiicult. The perp, Randy Taylor talked too much, caught lying about so much. If JM just stays mum, DA is going to have to prove every bit of the case beyond reasonable doubt.

Longo has to appear confident with all the time, money and resources spent. If he has nothing, he'd be in big trouble. LE has to look like they are doing something. I'm really not that impressed with the way it was handled, though perhaps a lot was not released. No idea where Hannah is still. All that trouble to have to get the perp in custody. All ths time. I'd be so upset if I were a parent.

The problem is some of you guys are saying LE went about it the wrong way without all the information to make such a call. For all we know there may have been a phone call for JM to come in and talk and he refused and stated he wouldn't be talking period. Just because Longo hasn't said one way or the other doesn't mean something like that hasn't already happened. Just seems a few of you guys are really reaching to bash LE's handling of this case, without knowing whats going on behind the scenes. But each to their own, I reserve judgment till I have, you know, facts.

Yes he did. And I have faith since Longo's Dept. the FBI and the SA's office all support

I'm almost certain he did say it, but I can't find it. I've used my best online/forum search skills, which certainly isn't saying much.

Apparently a gag order of sorts was put on that case for some reason. Also , sadly AA women don't get the press that white college coeds do. Nor do white women who are not college coeds or from families of "distinction" that have large mass followings like a college crowd.

BBM: glad someone said it. Thank you. I would not have been so eloquent.

I'm assuming video from the UVA Hospital the days after HG's disappearance have been reviewed? Of particular interest would be if JM brought in anything or took anything out to his vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member