VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad someone finally brought up the dreads/braids thing. I didn't want to say anything. My students used to refer to them as a weave or braids. The reason it is significant, I think, is that they can be easily removed and put back in. Dreads are grown out and would have to be cut out in order to be removed. From what I observed with my students if one had braids it was sort of a status thing, meaning they had money to pay for it and people who cared about them enough to take the time to do their hair or pay to get it done. Just my observation of a student body as a teacher. Never had any students with dreads. Someone's dad showed up with dreads one time, and the other kids made fun of him, saying he looked like he was smoking weed. I just got the impression that braids were for cooler kids and dreads were more of a "pothead" look....at least how my students seemed to indicate. Dunno!!! But, we are in the deep South. Not sure how it is everywhere else in the world. I know a lot of pro football players are wearing the braids for the last few years making them more popular with the guys. JM was sure to be following the pro guys as well.

I'm not so sure at the time they recognized him as a threat and predator so much as obnoxious and creepy and weird. In hindsight, given what they know now, maybe. But (and no disrespect intended to those who met him that night) maybe they were just happy he wasn't bothering them.

If I saw someone like Jesse in the middle of the night with an incapacitated 18 year old like Hannah, I would definitely know that something was wrong. Would I intervene? I don't know. Should I report it? Yes.

I feel that this man is innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah...but I am surprised at how many people have said, just by seeing his picture that he looks simple, gentle, non violent etc. I get our brains are wired a certain way, but this big gentle oaf persona could serve a predatory personality very well dont you think? I am not betting either way. As always I am wishing for Hannah's return.

I am glad someone finally brought up the dreads/braids thing. I didn't want to say anything. My students used to refer to them as a weave or braids. The reason it is significant, I think, is that they can be easily removed and put back in. Dreads are grown out and would have to be cut out in order to be removed. From what I observed with my students if one had braids it was sort of a status thing, meaning they had money to pay for it and people who cared about them enough to take the time to do their hair or pay to get it done. Just my observation of a student body as a teacher. Never had any students with dreads. Someone's dad showed up with dreads one time, and the other kids made fun of him, saying he looked like he was smoking weed. I just got the impression that braids were for cooler kids and dreads were more of a "pothead" look....at least how my students seemed to indicate. Dunno!!! But, we are in the deep South. Not sure how it is everywhere else in the world. I know a lot of pro football players are wearing the braids for the last few years making them more popular with the guys. JM was sure to be following the pro guys as well.

Whenever I see men with such dirty hair, I wonder how many bugs are living there ... as in Bob Marley.

Wondering if Hannah took a selfie anywhere the night she disappeared and if there was anyone else in the selfie with her? Hopefully, her cell phone will be found soon.

If so, they may not need her phone. It may have uploaded to a cloud.

Maybe I watch too much Forensic Files lol.

I'm wondering if police have checked the dog for anything unusual caught in his fur or whatever.

Ok. Go ahead and make fun of me :)
My BIL who is in jail for killing His gf, had a pitbull Brandy who witnessed the crime. We took in that poor animal. She was badly traumatised. She shook and shook for weeks. Never the same.

The way they're treating him makes me think he's responsible for a lot more than Hannah's disappearance.

I can't wait for someone to say, oh they are just doing that because he crossed state lines.

Wondering if Hannah took a selfie anywhere the night she disappeared and if there was anyone else in the selfie with her? Hopefully, her cell phone will be found soon.

If she did, then judging by recent celebrity headlines, there is a good chance those pictures would be on her "cloud" and LE would have access to them. Should be mentioned that a good chance is not a certainty, I have my iPhone set up so that it does not do that. If Hannah shared her account with her parents she may have done the same. I wouldn't want my parents to be able to see every picture I ever took of me partying with friends in college! Anyway... this post is more of just a rambling... my apologies.

I feel that this man is innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah...but I am surprised at how many people have said, just by seeing his picture that he looks simple, gentle, non violent etc. I get our brains are wired a certain way, but this big gentle oaf persona could serve a predatory personality very well dont you think? I am not betting either way. As always I am wishing for Hannah's return.

Of course the man is presumed innocent until trial. Phrenology was abandoned a long time ago, as were the Spanish Inquisition and Salem Witch Trials. It's simply not possible to examine the pores of someone's face reveal the soul and thereby place a label on the personality. That ideology ended in the 1800s.

Jesse is not an oaf, he's simply disgustingly fat, and still a predator who looks different in 2014 than in 2005, 2007, and 2010.

I lurked on it for days..but finally had to ask about it before. Also its my understanding dreads have spiritual meaning for Rastafarians, and I believe Jesse is Christian.

I think so too. I think this 32 year old man was too cavalier about her disappearance to be a first timer. Every time I use the word cavalier I have to check it in the dictionary to be sure that I have the right word. It means "showing a lack of proper concern; offhand", aloof; "not friendly or forthcoming; cool and distant". There is enough similarity between Jesse and the 2005 hand sketch, and he was a taxi driver between 2007 and 2010 when Morgan Harrington vanished ... perhaps in a cab. We don't know.

He is a an aggressive, violent predator who is more dangerous when he is drinking. Hopefully he is never released.

I just began posting yesterday and only saw Jesse's photo and sketch side-by-side today. I had read that many here were amazed at the resemblance but I didn't know how much credence to give those opinions. When I saw them today I was shocked! In my opinion they look identical. My husband doesn't follow these cases except for headline news, etc. I showed the sketch and photo to him and he couldn't get over the fact that they look like one and the same person. I don't believe in coincidence and find it hard to believe there is any other explanation whatsoever except that the sketch and the photo ARE of the very same individual. MVOO

Since we are talking about the dreads right now, will they make him cut them in jail?? IMO I would think it's possible that you could hide some stuff up in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyndHunter