Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this article really puts it all in perspective... :facepalm:

Slightly OT, but I just really, really wanna know what happened to his shoes by the time he got to Galveston -_-

Wow, this article really puts it all in perspective... :facepalm:

AGREED! This one doesn't paint him to be that big cuddly teddy bear, does it?:scared:

Does anyone expect Jesse Matthews to identify the location where he left Hannah Graham?

Is he going to play the overweight oaf that accidentally mishandled Hannah on the night of the murder and she accidentally died so he hid her body ... and he is black, so whatever that means, he's assuming that he can get off by playing the black racist card. And after that, we're supposed to believe that he is an imbecile with an IQ that is good enough for second year university, but at the same time so stupid that he accidentally murders and hides the body of an 18 year old very much alive university student that was absolutely targeted by this evil man.

All those people that made excuses for Jesse Matthews as he blew hamstrings and accosted women, shame on you for not stepping up. Everyone that knew Jesse saw how out of control he was that night, but everyone let him walk away with Hannah.

What is wrong with people in Virginia that they see women in trouble and do nothing?

AGREED! This one doesn't paint him to be that big cuddly teddy bear, does it?:scared:

Even his own friend sends him down the river on this one... I would question if he's being witch-hunted if I hadn't seen so many guys like this with my own eyes. Who told him he could touch those girls? Sounds like he gives himself permission....

Slightly OT, but I just really, really wanna know what happened to his shoes by the time he got to Galveston -_-

Maybe those were THE shoes he had on that night and he threw them away?

Where was the farm land JM grew up at? Was it Black Cat Rd Keswick Va? Its about 15 minutes from Charlottesville and lots of rural propertys

I have a feeling this is a person who is related to JM's address and he may have lived with that person at certain points. But where he lived while he was growing up was probably closer to the North Garden area and the Ponderosa Trl address. IMO.

Does anyone expect Jesse Matthews to identify the location where he left Hannah Graham?

Is he going to play the overweight oaf that accidentally mishandled Hannah on the night of the murder and she accidentally died so he hid her body ... and he is black, so whatever that means, he's assuming that he can get off by playing the black racist card.

A ploy for "mentally unfit" seems rarely accepted but commonly attempted... In JM's case, I might actually buy it =/ But I don't believe that he had no control over himself. He can try playing Lennie, but I think he made decisions that night. JMO.

It sounds like there are so many rural properties around the area. Between the fact that JM grew up a farm boy and the fact that he enjoys fishing, I'm sure about a million perfectly discreet possibilities sprang to his mind when he needed a place to hide something =/ I'm just hoping that his clumsiness and apparently horrendous impulse control will be his undoing here.

Or, dare I hope, he forks over Hannah after LE turns on the heat?
You cannot imagine how difficult this terrain is until you see it. You are in the foothills of the mountains, and very quickly in the mountains. It is thousands upon thousands of acres of heavily wooded, mountainous and rocky terrain . There are old mining areas, and natural caves, abandoned buildings galore. One of the problems with sending out anyone other than qualified searchers is the very real possibility that searchers will be injured. Once again with hunting season upon us, the folks who do know and can manage this terrain will be out soon.

Someone commented on our local news report Fox 8 NC and said that JM also matched a suspect sketch from a girl in Hickory NC....I dont have any idea who this girl is or ever found or just raped. The only one that comes to mind was that poor baby Zahra Baker and I KNOW it waant her.....anyone else knwpw who they might be referring too?

Is he going to play the overweight oaf that accidentally mishandled Hannah on the night of the murder and she accidentally died so he hid her body ... and he is black, so whatever that means, he's assuming that he can get off by playing the black racist card. And after that, we're supposed to believe that he is an imbecile with an IQ that is good enough for second year university, but at the same time so stupid that he accidentally murders and hides the body of an 18 year old very much alive university student that was absolutely targeted by this evil man.

All those people that made excuses for Jesse Matthews as he blew hamstrings and accosted women, shame on you for not stepping up. Everyone that knew Jesse saw how out of control he was that night, but everyone let him walk away with Hannah.

What is wrong with people in Virginia that they see women in trouble and do nothing?
Well after reading his lawyers record, I think you nailed it...., unless they can also tie him to others. Then he's finished. And I think they will.

You cannot imagine how difficult this terrain is until you see it. You are in the foothills of the mountains, and very quickly in the mountains. It is thousands upon thousands of acres of heavily wooden, mountainous and rocky terrain . There are old mining areas, and natural caves, abandoned buildings galore. One of the problems with sending out anyone other than qualified searchers is the very real possibility that searchers will be injured. Once again with hunting season upon us, the folks who do know and can manage this terrain will be out soon.

Interesting... Doesn't sound like a good area to send concerned suburban parents. I am very glad that hunting season is coming up. It sounds like hunters have been key in a lot of difficult missing person cases. I was thinking that about the apple orchard they've now searched twice. It's time to harvest, right? Sounds like the time these areas are heavily trafficked is upon us.

Some thoughts as I cannot copy and paste all comments I've read:

1.) Rural areas even an hour outside Cville should be checking their property. I can't believe LE and local news wouldn't tell people this.

2.) A psychopath, sociopath and narcissist do not fall under mental illness.

3.) I see the term empathy bandied about. Don't be so certain you want to extend empathy to everyone. A psychopath lacks empathy. He/she learns to mirror and mimic empathy because they lack that part of their brain. They learn to mirror this because it is a skill they lack, yet they see everyone around them has this. Put it this way - someone comes up behind a normal person and claps, that makes them jump. Go behind a psychopath and clap and he won't jump. So if you extend empathy to the wrong person, say a psychopath, you are in a way their victim. You have what they lack and crave. You aren't making yourself a better human being by being empathetic. Especially to the wrong person. You are giving him what he doesn't have. And often a psychopath comes across very strong and flattering upon first encounter. He will flatter you to no end and you get sucked into that. I hate to say it, but as a woman, we need to remember that not everyone deserves our empathy.

I have a feeling this is a person who is related to JM's address and he may have lived with that person at certain points. But where he lived while he was growing up was probably closer to the North Garden area and the Ponderosa Trl address. IMO.
I just feel like he would go somewhere that he is very comfortable with....even growing up there and knowing lots of areas

I was wondering, do dogs, particularly hunting dogs, naturally investigate unusual scents? I've heard of a lot of cases where bodies were discovered not so much by people, but by their dogs as they walked through the woods. Would a hunter's scent hound, not trained to SAR, naturally run over to a corpse? Note to conjure images of the worst case scenario, but I know my dog, not any kind of scent hound AFAIK, loves gross smells. The nastier the better. He actively seeks them out.

I do not think he will talk at all. Not a word. I also think that LE will have to have forensic evidence pointing to a violent crime not just Hannah's DNA in a car or an item of clothing if they want to prove beyond reasonable doubt JM has harmed her. If he did this there's no way he'll talk or help the investigation. JMO
ETA unless a body is found he might start to be more helpful then.

1.) Rural areas even an hour outside Cville should be checking their property. I can't believe LE and local news wouldn't tell people this.

3.) I see the term empathy bandied about. Don't be so certain you want to extend empathy to everyone. A psychopath lacks empathy. He/she learns to mirror and mimic empathy because they lack that part of their brain. They learn to mirror this because it is a skill they lack, yet they see everyone around them has this. Put it this way - someone comes up behind a normal person and claps, that makes them jump. Go behind a psychopath and clap and he won't jump. So if you extend empathy to the wrong person, say a psychopath, you are in a way their victim. You have what they lack and crave. You aren't making yourself a better human being by being empathetic. Especially to the wrong person. You are giving him what he doesn't have. And often a psychopath comes across very strong and flattering upon first encounter. He will flatter you to no end and you get sucked into that. I hate to say it, but as a woman, we need to remember that not everyone deserves our empathy.

VERY well said. I think I needed to hear that so THANK YOU.

BBM, this is an excellent point. In movies, actors can convey such incredible emotions and work in so much drama that we get swept away by their performance. But if you look a little deeper and imagine yourself in the same situation, you might realize that it doesn't translate anywhere near as incredibly to real life. It might even seem weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole