VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that it was anything of Hannah's, I mean it seems that if was something that belonged to her we would have heard about it , it seems anyway. Was it not said about him wearing those white pants all the time, or something to that effect. jmo idk

I agree. If they had found her clothes at his apartment in their initial search, they would have had the probable cause to arrest him from the beginning, or at least I'd imagine that's how it works.

I do wonder about people and their knowledge of the technology surrounding us, camera's, ezpass, all this is tracking peeps from one location to another. Even with phones, iirc his friends and family's phones were beings monitored for his calls. If I am not mistaken it was sunday that he was, "on the run" how did they know that? It's my opinion that the calls told them that. IIRC it was after that the wanted for inten to defile came out. I may be off on this but that is the way I remember it. jmo idk

Although I was never really fence-sitting in this case, I'm curious to know who else might feel the way I do ATM. Early on (after the warrant for abduction) I kind of thought that maybe this was a case of JM taking HG home and something accidental occurring. Or if not accidental at least not premeditated. But since he ran from police and now with the report about the sexual assault allegations that caused him to be kicked out of University I am firmly on the side of premeditation. JMO of course

I think it was a crime of opportunity and he intended to kill her when he was done. He didn't disguise his appearance or come up to her from behind (and all those things one would do when assaulting someone so it could not later be reported with a perp description). She spent time with him beforehand and would have had a good description of who he is. He would have had a hard time saying it was consensual due to his history with sexual assault, as reported this morning from the university he went to.

You're welcome, but I need to let you guys know that if you post in this thread about a topic which already has a dedicated thread, your post will probably be moved. So, if you want to discuss what went on at the restaurant, for examply, you should be posting in the Tempo Restaurant thread.

Thank you bessie! Can we have a thread for Breaking News so we are in the know if a presser is coming up or things of that nature? Or, is there already a thread for that?

Great to have a general discussion thread back. I don't think LE will get much info from JM. I hope his friends come forward. I'm interested in knowing more about his movements the night Hannah went missing. Was he watching anyone else and I'm extremely interested in the other smaller white girl he may have been with earlier in the evening.

Longo did address the smaller white girl claim. Stated he was unaware of such.

I think it was a crime of opportunity and he intended to kill her when he was done. He didn't disguise his appearance or come up to her from behind (and all those things one would do when assaulting someone so it could not later be reported with a perp description). She spent time with him beforehand and would have had a good description of who he is. He would have had a hard time saying it was consensual due to his history with sexual assault, as reported this morning from the university he went to.
. Good point. But if that was the case then all the more idiotic to take her to a restaurant/bar where he was well known by locals.

Although I was never really fence-sitting in this case, I'm curious to know who else might feel the way I do ATM. Early on (after the warrant for abduction) I kind of thought that maybe this was a case of JM taking HG home and something accidental occurring. Or if not accidental at least not premeditated. But since he ran from police and now with the report about the sexual assault allegations that caused him to be kicked out of University I am firmly on the side of premeditation. JMO of course

Early on, I was open to the idea that JM could be innocent as well. Like you, for the same reasons, have reconsidered my former position.

Agreed. He also seemed to be being quite social with the people at the mall. Didn't he high-five some women and say hello to a bunch of people? No wonder he was tracked down so fast, so many witnesses must have noticed him. I highly, highly doubt that he went over to the mall specifically to pick up a victim. On the other hand, this is JMO, but he doesn't seem all that bright.

The media and many people in general love to latch onto this idea that there is just loads of women that go all out crying rape when there is none, but most of the time it's entirely the opposite: most assault victims never even report their rapes, let alone agree to help prosecute them.

When I volunteered at a crisis center it was so, so heartbreaking. You feel absolutely torn apart and heartbroken for the victim, and while you TOTALLY understand it and might even do the same thing yourself, when they say they don't want to go through the legal process it's depressing because you know that same person that hurt them is most likely going to hurt someone again.

And it's also frustrating because what is the solution? For the most part I think it involves raising our children better- in school and at home- but by the time people reach adult age imp there's just not a lot you can do. Besides maybe make them afraid of jail. I don't know. There are no easy answers :0(

The media and many people in general love to latch onto this idea that there is just loads of women that go all out crying rape when there is none, but most of the time it's entirely the opposite: most assault victims never even report their rapes, let alone agree to help prosecute them.

When I volunteered at a crisis center it was so, so heartbreaking. You feel absolutely torn apart and heartbroken for the victim, and while you TOTALLY understand it and might even do the same thing yourself, when they say they don't want to go through the legal process it's depressing because you know that same person that hurt them is most likely going to hurt someone again.

And it's also frustrating because what is the solution? For the most part I think it involves raising our children better- in school and at home- but by the time people reach adult age imp there's just not a lot you can do. Besides maybe make them afraid of jail. I don't know. There are no easy answers :0(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

According to this article, about 2% of rape reports are found to be false or unfounded.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics

This says that 60% of rapes are not reported and that 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail. Incredibly depressing statistics to be sure. So if 40% of rapes are reported and only about 2% are found to be false... Well, I couldn't do math to get out of a paper bag, but if you add on that extra 60%, those false reports will get even smaller to be sure... These statistics really make it hard to say that victims and criminals, respectively, get the treatment they deserve.

So do you reckon if they get his DNA and it's a match to the DNA on file for earlier cases charges would be filed against him quickly or will LE keep that private?

I agree. If they had found her clothes at his apartment in their initial search, they would have had the probable cause to arrest him from the beginning, or at least I'd imagine that's how it works.

I believe it was during the 2nd apt. search. Yes I agree but LE would not answer so I was just pointing out that it does appear they got his clothes. IMO I think it told them much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay