VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. He also seemed to be being quite social with the people at the mall. Didn't he high-five some women and say hello to a bunch of people? No wonder he was tracked down so fast, so many witnesses must have noticed him. I highly, highly doubt that he went over to the mall specifically to pick up a victim. On the other hand, this is JMO, but he doesn't seem all that bright.

To my knowledge, often women that die after rape were never intended to be murder victims, sometimes not even rape victims. The mindset of men that will force themselves on women would surprise a lot of people- as sick as it is, they often genuinely believe in their messed up minds that the women are secretly wanting and/or asking for it.

When I worked at the crisis center-- omg--- the masturbators- men that would call in just to get off on a young female voice-- still gives me nightmares. And when you'd figure out it was a masturbator early on (there are signs), they'd call back later to call you an evil lesbian butch c*nt etc.

Does anyone know if there was a mention to also look for Hannah's shoes and jewelry? I read she had been wearing a large watch and perhaps other jewelry. Anyone know any more about this? Seems strange that only her top and pants were mentioned to be on the lookout for.

If it was anything of value, pawn shops should search their inventory.

To my knowledge, often women that die after rape were never intended to be murder victims, sometimes not even rape victims. The mindset of men that will force themselves on women would surprise a lot of people- as sick as it is, they often genuinely believe in their messed up minds that the women are secretly wanting and/or asking for it.

When I worked at the crisis center-- omg--- the masturbators- men that would call in just to get off on a young female voice-- still gives me nightmares. And when you'd figure out it was a masturbator early on (there are signs), they'd call back later to call you an evil lesbian butch c*nt etc.

Ummm.....yikes

In my experience, just as an average woman walking around and stuff, it seems that predatory types of men do get quite angry when rejected. They believe you're playing a frustrating game or that you'd have to be terrible to turn them down. I think predators are extremely selfish, self-centered people who don't understand the points of view of other people. For example, they may want sex so much they can't even stand it, but a random woman on the street probably isn't quite so desperate. But the guy just doesn't understand.

On another note, wow, I just cannot imagine doing what you did. Thanks for performing such a painful yet necessary service. :tyou:

A lot of rapists don't even see themselves as rapists- it's often "She showed me signs she was interested in having sex so I followed through".

I have another question for the experts.:thinking:

What are the statue of limitations for sexual assault in Virginia? Could his alleged victim from college ask the prosecutor to take another look at her case?

jmo

What I have seen, like with Heather Elvis for example, is that shortly after it went to a forum, it basically stopped. Partly due to the gag order, no doubt but when there is not a general thread, sometimes there is just nothing to say about the specified topics. And this case may go quiet for a long time very soon, from LE. So people tend to drift away. If you can't just "chat" about a case, what is there to do? Anyway...just jmo.

After listening to the press conference and reading a bunch of articles, I really feel like we're not going to get much at all from this point forward. JLM has chosen to invoke his right to remain silent, and Longo has said not to expect release of forensics or other evidence, that they are going to preserve it for trial. I can't recall his exact wording in discussing the release of forensics, something along the lines of not tainting the jury pool, but my immediate thought was that it must be pretty damning for him to think it would risk doing that.

Rape is about power, not sex.

Why would anyone think that someone else wants to be overpowered?

Does anyone know if there was a mention to also look for Hannah's shoes and jewelry? I read she had been wearing a large watch and perhaps other jewelry. Anyone know any more about this? Seems strange that only her top and pants were mentioned to be on the lookout for.

Yes I only heard top, pants, phone and pink phone case. He did mention she was wearing white shoes at some point. Welcome!!!!!

What are the statue of limitations for sexual assault in Virginia? Could his alleged victim from college ask the prosecutor to take another look at her case?

jmo
. Ohh very good question! I don't know the answer but I wonder if they could?

jmo

There is no time limit in regards to rape.

jmo

No time limit in the stat of VA

I am interested in knowing exactly when the girlfriend broke up with JM. I wonder if such an event would be a trigger for him. Seems he doesn't handle rejection or perceived rejection well. To say the least. Heck I would even like to hear from her down the pike. I'll bet she really has some insight.

All these new threads are comfusing, but im so glad J has been arrested, now lets bring home hannah

jmo

STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS

No statute of limitations for any felony

Va. Code Ann. § 19.2-8 Limitation of prosecutions

For any misdemeanor listed at left, within one year after commission of the offense
Does not apply to any person fleeing from justice or concealing himself within or without the Commonwealth
https://rainn.org/public-policy/legal-resources/virginia/statutes-of-limitations

§ 19.2-8. Limitation of prosecutions.

A prosecution for a misdemeanor, or any pecuniary fine, forfeiture, penalty or amercement, shall be commenced within one year next after there was cause therefor, except that a prosecution for petit larceny may be commenced within five years, and for an attempt to produce abortion, within two years after commission of the offense.

A prosecution for any misdemeanor violation of § 54.1-3904 shall be commenced within two years of the discovery of the offense.

A prosecution for violation of laws governing the placement of children for adoption without a license pursuant to § 63.2-1701 shall be commenced within one year from the date of the filing of the petition for adoption.

A prosecution for making a false statement or representation of a material fact knowing it to be false or knowingly failing to disclose a material fact, to obtain or increase any benefit or other payment under the Virginia Unemployment Compensation Act (§ 60.2-100 et seq.) shall be commenced within three years next after the commission of the offense.

A prosecution for any violation of § 10.1-1320, 62.1-44.32 (b), 62.1-194.1, or Article 11 (§ 62.1-44.34:14 et seq.) of Chapter 3.1 of Title 62.1 that involves the discharge, dumping or emission of any toxic substance as defined in § 32.1-239 shall be commenced within three years next after the commission of the offense.

Prosecution of Building Code violations under § 36-106 shall commence within one year of discovery of the offense by the building official; provided that such discovery occurs within two years of the date of initial occupancy or use after construction of the building or structure, or the issuance of a certificate of use and occupancy for the building or structure, whichever is later. However, prosecutions under § 36-106 relating to the maintenance of existing buildings or structures as contained in the Uniform Statewide Building Code shall commence within one year of the discovery of the offense by the building official.

Prosecution of any misdemeanor violation of § 54.1-111 shall commence within one year of the discovery of the offense by the complainant, but in no case later than five years from occurrence of the offense.

Prosecution of any misdemeanor violation of any professional licensure requirement imposed by a locality shall commence within one year of the discovery of the offense by the complainant, but in no case later than five years from occurrence of the offense.

Prosecution of nonfelonious offenses which constitute malfeasance in office shall commence within two years next after the commission of the offense.

Prosecution of any violation of § 55-79.87, 55-79.88, 55-79.89, 55-79.90, 55-79.93, 55-79.94, 55-79.95, 55-79.103, or any rule adopted under or order issued pursuant to § 55-79.98, shall commence within three years next after the commission of the offense.

Prosecution of illegal sales or purchases of wild birds, wild animals and freshwater fish under § 29.1-553 shall commence within three years after commission of the offense.

Prosecution of violations under Title 58.1 for offenses involving false or fraudulent statements, documents or returns, or for the offense of willfully attempting in any manner to evade or defeat any tax or the payment thereof, or for the offense of willfully failing to pay any tax, or willfully failing to make any return at the time or times required by law or regulations shall commence within three years next after the commission of the offense, unless a longer period is otherwise prescribed.

Prosecution of violations of subsection A or B of § 3.2-6570 shall commence within five years of the commission of the offense, except violations regarding agricultural animals shall commence within one year of the commission of the offense.

A prosecution for a violation of § 18.2-386.1 shall be commenced within five years of the commission of the offense.

A prosecution for any violation of the Campaign Finance Disclosure Act, Chapter 9.3 (§ 24.2-945 et seq.) of Title 24.2, shall commence within one year of the discovery of the offense but in no case more than three years after the date of the commission of the offense.

A prosecution of a crime that is punishable as a misdemeanor pursuant to the Virginia Computer Crimes Act (§ 18.2-152.1 et seq.) or pursuant to § 18.2-186.3 for identity theft shall be commenced before the earlier of (i) five years after the commission of the last act in the course of conduct constituting a violation of the article or (ii) one year after the existence of the illegal act and the identity of the offender are discovered by the Commonwealth, by the owner, or by anyone else who is damaged by such violation.

A prosecution for a violation of § 18.2-260.1 shall be commenced within three years of the commission of the offense.

Nothing in this section shall be construed to apply to any person fleeing from justice or concealing himself within or without the Commonwealth to avoid arrest or be construed to limit the time within which any prosecution may be commenced for desertion of a spouse or child or for neglect or refusal or failure to provide for the support and maintenance of a spouse or child.

(Code 1950, § 19.1-8; 1960, c. 366; 1974, c. 466; 1975, c. 495; 1976, cc. 114, 620; 1977, c. 108; 1978, c. 730; 1979, c. 243; 1980, c. 496; 1981, c. 31; 1984, c. 601; 1987, c. 488; 1990, cc. 575, 976; 1992, cc. 177, 435, 650; 1996, c. 484; 1998, c. 566; 1999, c. 620; 2005, cc. 746, 761, 827; 2006, cc. 193, 787, 892; 2008, c. 769; 2011, cc. 118, 143, 494, 553; 2014, c. 169.)
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-8

http://victimsofcrime.org/docs/DNA ...sault-check-chart---final---copy.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Hahaha, it never ceases to amaze me how criminals complain about the conditions in jail as if they can get some nice memory foam up in there :happydance:

Wait til he gets bacne LOL Casey Anthony sure got a dose of it and we were privy to it when they needed a pic of her tattoo. Nasty.

In my experience, just as an average woman walking around and stuff, it seems that predatory types of men do get quite angry when rejected. They believe you're playing a frustrating game or that you'd have to be terrible to turn them down. I think predators are extremely selfish, self-centered people who don't understand the points of view of other people. For example, they may want sex so much they can't even stand it, but a random woman on the street probably isn't quite so desperate. But the guy just doesn't understand.

On another note, wow, I just cannot imagine doing what you did. Thanks for performing such a painful yet necessary service. :tyou:

Thank you :0), I appreciate that :0), though as hard as it was at times I think it saved ME because I was so previously naive and trusting and always seeing the best in people. I still tend to see the best in people at times when I shouldn't, but now after volunteering I have that secondary voice in my head telling me to WATCH OUT. I also ended up with a stalker from my volunteering, but that's a whole other story. ;-)

I totally agree with your assessment of these sorts. As soon as his grandmother said he was a good boy and she knew because he always ate his greens, asked for seconds and even took some home- I knew. Some of it might be genetic sometimes, but enabling and coddling boys so they're always perfect little kings certainly doesn't help and more often than not leads to rather unfortunate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay