VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends how close you are and what type of friends you are with your roommates. My junior year I lived in a 4 bedroom house with my best friend and two other random people. We never knew what the other two were up to at all because we were purely roommates and not friends at all. We only all sat down for pre planned roommate meetings every few months when someone got mad about a mess or noise another person was making or something.

I guarantee one or both of them was gone for days at a time before and we had no idea. Just assumed we were on different schedules or something because if a bedroom door is closed they could or could not be in there. Apartments are different then dorm rooms where the other person's absence is more noticeable (no doors to hide behind).

Sorry...I just don't see her not communicating with someone throughout her "travels" during the night. She was very social, had many friends, was in various clubs and activities in school, and even attended parties with friends up until she left for the mall area. If she wasn't close with her roommate(s), she was close with other people that I assume would have been concerned about her not showing up at all the next day! I am not saying this communication never occurred. Actually, I bet it did occur (based on her social activities and appearance of normally being intelligent and responsible) we just don't know about it!

I'm thinking maybe something that appeared on his cell phone....either pictures or video clips. Short of that, I don't have a clue.

This is what I've been thinking.....a text to a friend stating his plans, probably in locker room talk so they didn't take it seriously.

That's very interesting regarding needing the pilot's permission to fly a criminal. I had no idea!

When I post a link and select and sentence or so I do so because it's something that is important, time,dates, in/out, or to help clear up an unknown. Sometimes it's wording that catches my attention.

On Thursday, Brice Cunningham, the owner of Tempo, said that none of his staff saw Graham inside the bar that morning, but she could be seen outside the doors after 1 a.m. while Matthew was inside. Receipts show Matthew paid for two beers during that time, he said. Cunningham said Matthew was seen by his staff walking away from the bar with his arm around Graham.

Matthew ordered drinks in Tempo before encountering Graham on the Downtown Mall, Cunningham said, though he wasn’t a regular customer. Cunningham said he noticed Matthew on the night of Graham’s disappearance because he wasn’t dressed in the attire typically worn by the upscale establishment’s patrons.

Longo said a witness saw Graham inside the bar with Matthew, but Cunningham said his staff neither served her nor saw her in the restaurant.

bbm

BINGO!

I actually somewhat taken aback by what has been said on this particular case especially that LE has no evidence on JM tying him to the abduction of Hannah because LE hasn't revealed it.

I don't know if it is because some have never kept up closely with other cases here or what it is.

But those who have, always knows that LE nor the DA ever divulges the evidence they have against ANY suspect before a trial is held. We complain about it all the time in just about every case.:D This case is no different.

It is like.....ok the police aren't telling all the evidence they have on JM to the public at large so therefore that has to mean they don't have any evidence. WHAT? LOLOLOLOL!

The only time we may get a glimpse at some of the evidence the DA has in any case is if a preliminary hearing is held or a bond hearing and the DA isn't wanting the suspect to get bond.

Other than that.... we are very use to having to wait for the trial so we can finally learn all the evidence they have against any suspect. And usually we are shocked to learn just how much evidence they truly had against the defendant all along.

IMO

Thank you, thank you!!

this is interesting. What kind of forensics would lead them to an "intent to defile"? From forensics? Without a body? huh?

As forensic experts have said before 'even though the suspect may leave the victim's body behind he/she takes a part of the victim with them.' Paraphrasing.

I imagine there are security cameras outside of the hospital. Also, if a bag/bags were taken inside the facility he would have needed to use his security badge to enter the building. The hospitals I've worked at have their bio-hazard trash quite contained. Don't quote me though. :)

Could any employee drop a bag off as long as they had the correct bag?

That's very interesting regarding needing the pilot's permission to fly a criminal. I had no idea!

Me either. Wowsers. I hate flying. No fear just bored. In my moments of boredom I scan and play who is the Air Marshall. Assuming there is one that is. Wow now I can play who is the Criminal too lol

I'm thinking maybe something that appeared on his cell phone....either pictures or video clips. Short of that, I don't have a clue.

thanks for indulging me, but humor me some more. How could a photo show INTENT to anything? Unless a text reads: "I plan to rape/hurt/maim" how could it possibly "show" intent? Just interesting with the language IMO... I want to know more.

thanks for indulging me, but humor me some more. How could a photo show INTENT to anything? Unless a text reads: "I plan to rape/hurt/maim" how could it possibly "show" intent? Just interesting with the language IMO... I want to know more.

Someone naked bound or gagged possibly could

As forensic experts have said before 'even though the suspect may leave the victim's body behind he/she takes a part of the victim with them.' Paraphrasing.

I am interpreting the sentiment you paraphrased in terms of this case and ask... if this were the case, how could it simply be "intent"? How could they determine intent from an actual act committed from forensic evidence without a body?

NBC12 has confirmed Charlottesville police are trying to book Matthew on a commercial flight from Texas, where Galveston sheriff's deputies arrested him Wednesday.

"We have to have armed officers with him obviously," said Captain Gary Pleasants. "He will be shackled and handcuffed."

The flight may land either in Richmond or Charlottesville, according to Charlottesville police.

"That's correct…either airport. It depends on how we could get the most direct flight," said Captain Pleasants. "And you have to have the pilot's permission. It is not an easy task to bring someone on a commercial airplane who is a prisoner."

The flight to Virginia could happen as early as Friday or Saturday, police said.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26631922/suspect-in-hannah-graham-case-has-left-tx-jail-heading-to-va

Chrimes says crews have covered 80 percent of the city of Charlottesville, and they are now branching out to more rural areas.

"Normally we would not be able to cover this much area," said Chrimes. "This is possible through utilizing emergent volunteers."

Police and search crews are determined to find Hannah Graham.

"We have not slowed down our search for her," said Captain Pleasants. "Nor will we."

bbm

I guess they are saving the landfill for last..........quite understandable.

When booked during the medical exam aren't DNA swabs done? I would think that they have been done in Texas and will be done in Va when he arrives and is booked there.

Could any employee drop a bag off as long as they had the correct bag?

Yes. In my areas, housekeeping took care of the trash and put it in the designated dumpsters... The waste is double bagged in a clear bag and then a red bag marked biohazard IIRC. The bags would not hold the weight of a human being though. Typically, the biohazard trash was sealed needle boxes, syringes, bloody or soiled gauze/dressings, etc. from the areas where I worked, PACU, Ambulatory Surgery and ER. I am not sure about the OR though...

Someone naked bound or gagged possibly could

But a photo of a bound or gagged person - how can they lead them to INTENT and not just charge with something more substantial than intent?

Maybe intent is all they have for now and will upgrade (or drop) charges eventually.

this is interesting. What kind of forensics would lead them to an "intent to defile"? From forensics? Without a body? huh?

Something in his trunk? Maybe an incredible lack of ANYTHING in his trunk. LE was seen taking a lot of cleaning supplies out of his apt. Not sure how that might tie in, but if there is anything to indicate Hannah was in the trunk, it is most certainly there because of foul play.

I saw that JM and 2 VA LEO's are flying coach to bring him back to Virginia. I was kind of hoping they would take him on a long car ride back....more opportunity to talk if he decided to.
As a passenger, this can be uncomfortable too. I was on a short flight recently that was booked on short notice, and I got to my seat at the very back of the plane, only to find that that there was someone in it already. There were two very large gentlemen filling the rest of the row.

I looked at the person in my seat, and opened my mouth to boot him out, when he looked at me. I literally took a step backwards, because I had a massive visceral reaction to him. The FA ran up beside me and said (not quietly, either), that I would have to be re-seated because it was a prisoner transport. Only then did I notice the cuffs. I said "great, I'll take the exit row". The Marshal laughed, but for the rest of the flight I was slightly uncomfortable with that dude behind me.

Me either. Wowsers. I hate flying. No fear just bored. In my moments of boredom I scan and play who is the Air Marshall. Assuming there is one that is. Wow now I can play who is the Criminal too lol
The criminal will be the one in cuffs. ;)

Hey, I've got the same problem with it as you do. I don't know how police forensics can determine what is in somebodies mind.

I asked the same things this morning earlier------see post #561

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member