VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why they would humor cell phone guy, IMO:

1. In case there really IS a guilty 30 year old black man out there; their first priority at this point is finding ANY clue to lead them to Hannah.
2. In case they do have suspicions about cell phone guy, but are not sure. If they put out info about this other guy and NO ONE comes forward at all to say they remember a guy matching this description, it becomes more likely that he was fabricated.

Why would L.e want to throw a sketch into the mix, to confuse the public even more, if they knew or thought it was really the other guy?

Are there any locals here that know if the upper stories of the businesses along Main St/Downtown Mall are apartments/lofts, additional office/business or warehouse space?

Would any places along Main st. have been getting late night deliveries, having after hour remodeling/maintenance, or janitorial services done that time of night?

Ones who work late. Ones who OMG NEED WINGS FROM THAT PLACE. Ones who are night owls. Ones who can't sleep. Ones who people watch. Artists. 1am on a friday night is not a weird time for plenty of people to be up.

Ok. Sure. I get it. But where I come from, most people I know of who are that pregnant are in bed asleep at that hour because they are dead on their feet at the end of the day carrying all that extra weight. I guess I'm just not used to seeing that at all.

I am also wondering if this is a strategic tactic by the cops has to not spook the dreadlocks guy. Release the wrong info to draw the dreadlocks guy in. This way the deadlock guy thinks he isn't a suspect.

I think it would be extremely impolitic, ethically dubious, and potentially illegal for the police to release a false description and sketch of a person of interest in a disappearance for this purpose.

Why would L.e want to throw a sketch into the mix, to confuse the public even more, if they knew or thought it was really the other guy?

Remember the beltway sniper? They told all of us here in dc that we needed to be on the lookout for a white box truck, when all along they knew the guys were in a regular car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, based on the latest information, we can stop rehashing about the dreadlocks guy. There are only two options that make sense based on what we know: 1) The witness is being dishonest and HE is involved (otherwise, why would he be dishonest?); or 2) The witness is telling the truth and there WAS a black male with the description given who was seen with Hannah last. The dreadlocks guy doesn't fit either of these scenarios. Am I missing something?

People with darker skin can go longer before seeing the effects of aging as compared to people of lighter skin. It's a medical fact.

And cross-racial identification effect leads people from other races not to notice the subtle changes in people of another race. I (as a person of mixed European descent) would look at an Asian person and first have to process that they are Asian and what that means, hair color, skin shade, eye color, then move on to what kind of Asian, then less obvious characteristics. An Asian person would look at another Asian person and instantly know they're Korean or South Indian or what have you and notice the more subtle characteristics in the same amount of time. The same Asian would look at me and have to process that I was European. Then northern or southern or eastern or western. Then work on skin shade and hair shade and eye color and then eventually move on to more subtle things like wrinkles and age.

So, in a short exposure to a person of another race, age would likely be harder to gauge than if they were viewing someone of the same race as they are.

Once I started following WS and actively participating, I realized I became much more aware of the people around me. It kinda makes you paranoid like that! ;)

Yep. I sent the videos to my kids and said, "Look how easy it is for someone to stalk you and you have no idea." Keep your wits about you and stay aware.

I feel like these poor LE agencies need even more help. I think there just aren't enough of them to physically get through all of this as quickly as they/we would like.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 29s
UPDATE: @HenryGraff reports police are inside downtown mall bank looking for surveillance video in #HannahGraham case pic.twitter.com/h0ZVrUYpw5
Charlottesville, VA

This is something that has been weighing on my mind since I saw how everyone has reacted to the witness coming forward. I remember in RAT's thread there were several people who proclaimed he was innocent, but he wasn't. He is in prison for the disappearance of AM. WHat would have happened if everyone was like poor RAT everyone thinks he is a killer?

Not if they think it MIGHT be a possibility...

I think it would be extremely impolitic, ethically dubious, and potentially illegal for the police to release a false description and sketch of a person of interest in a disappearance for this purpose.

They have not released a sketch to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why they would humor cell phone guy, IMO:

1. In case there really IS a guilty 30 year old black man out there; their first priority at this point is finding ANY clue to lead them to Hannah.
2. In case they do have suspicions about cell phone guy, but are not sure. If they put out info about this other guy and NO ONE comes forward at all to say they remember a guy matching this description, it becomes more likely that he was fabricated.

I think LE has seen more footage than they're letting on. I don't think they would release info and a sketch on a POI unless there was more info than just an eyewitness account

I think, based on the latest information, we can stop rehashing about the dreadlocks guy. There are only two options that make sense based on what we know: 1) The witness is being dishonest and HE is involved (otherwise, why would he be dishonest?); or 2) The witness is telling the truth and there WAS a black male with the description given who was seen with Hannah last. The dreadlocks guy doesn't fit either of these scenarios. Am I missing something?

The only other option I could imagine is CWG mis-remembered, as eye witnesses are prone to do. However, how can you get from dreadlocks to shaved head, and white shorts to black pants? It's likely one of your two options.

This is my first post here in a very long time. I constantly follow boards but haven't really felt compelled to chime in since the Mickey Shunick case.

Anyways, adding my 2 cents...

1) the dreads guy is 100% the same man seen walking with Hannah in the jeweler video
2) it's definitely a heavier set black male.
3) to me, Hannah's gait makes it appear that she's either frantic, in fear, or something of the sort.
4) the dreads guy appears to be pan handling

Of course all MO..

Hoping this Other Black male comes forward....if there really was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95