VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to figure it out ... timeline

The "1:00am Sat Downtown Mall" part is wrong and Sal's is suppose to be #8 and Tuel's #7. She entered the mall from the other side. She went down Preston Ave then I think she went on Old Preston Ave. which merges into Main St. which is the mall. She walked past Sal's which is 8 then Tuel's which is 7 then to Tempo.

Imo ,if she was under influence of a drug, she probably took it herself. Why would someone spike her drink and then not follow her? She was seemingly not being "followed" until much later. A person who spikes a drink has an intent and would not be waiting until she was in a busy area full of people and cameras.

Kids at college take drugs. Lots of kids and lots of drugs. Parents might say, "no, never, not my kid" but I am sure they say their kid would not get drunk, wander through town by herself after midnight, and end up in a bar, and car, of a potential killer either. Beyond being grief-stricken and in agony, her parents must be wondering how she could have done all of the things, in one night, she had likely been warned against her whole life. But they do...

Maybe it was just alcohol in Hannah's case, but clearly it was too much and affected her judgement, Imo. Maybe none of her friends were sober enough to be really concerned either. Imo this guy had way too much time between the early hours of Sat. AM and later on Sunday when she was reported missing. Really hoping someone will have noticed that unusual car last weekend.

Jmo

Well, talking from experience, I think if the guy was good looking I may have followed him to a bar. We need to quit judging women as if they "asked for it". College kids drink, college kids get drunk. When we start saying that is a reason college kids get killed then we need to quit making excuses for people who choose to rape, kill or otherwise abuse these women.

car.jpg I know someone posted the google maps image of the car. Here is a bing birdseye of the same car. Seems to have lived there consistently.

Question. Where would one go to check on the potential criminal record of a resident of Charlottesville, VA?

Okay, I'm going to post my far fetched theory since everyone else is. LOL!

I can't get over the weirdness of that lady seeming to high five the dreadlocks guy. I can't seem to shake the idea that that might have been a signal. It's weird to me that the two ladies approach, separate as they walk up to dreadlocks guy and dreadlocks guy stops, she high fives him, and then he suddenly starts moving with purpose. THAT's what makes me raise my eyebrow. You can see him at the edge of the screen looking like he's just sort of milling around waiting. And then the lady high fives him and all of a sudden he's off! And he's not ambling, IMO. He's walking with a purpose like he knows EXACTLY where he's going. Some people have suggested that she only high fived him because he approached her so she didn't know how to respond but there's no hesitation in her gait. She high fives him and keeps on moving.

I never really thought the white guy in the doorway was all THAT suspicious but the more I watch the more I think it's odd how SLOWLY he saunters out to follow Hannah. He's moving nowhere near the same clip she is and if he was concerned about her wellbeing, you'd think he'd move much quicker in order to keep up with her. Obviously if a block later the dreadlock guy has PASSED him so that he is now walking next to Hannah (as we see in the jeweler footage) he's walking slow.

So, my theory is that the woman who high fives the dreadlock guy was signalling him that a target was in the vicinity. Dreadlock guy high tails it over to where white guy is stationed. White guy follows Hannah so he doesn't lose her...trails her at a rate so as not to seem suspicious, hence the slow pace. Dreadlock guy passes white guy, catches up with Hannah and proceeds to charm her into the bar/car/apartment or whatever the sequence is that's next that we haven't quite determined.

Notice the woman who high fives him has a cell phone out. Maybe she was texting white guy who also has a cell phone out. Maybe she's telling him there's a target coming up and to step aside and wait for her to pass.

Far fetched? Maybe. ;) But you have to admit it is so weird how quickly and with such purpose dreadlock guy starts moving right after the high five when prior to that he was basically just standing there. Given that Hannah doesn't even enter the picture from top right until dreadlock guy is almost to the point where he's turning to cross the mall, there's no way he saw her in advance and that that's what triggered his move. SOMEONE let him know that she was coming.

Dang...no one thinks I have a good theory? LOL!

I was looking at Google Maps. She obviously did not leave the house party to go home because her apartment is 1 minute away right around the block. If she would have been leaving to go right home she would have made it home. She was walking around within a 1 mile area. To walk from her apartment to Tempo takes about 30 minutes. What was she doing walking around for an hour?

Do you have the address of her apartment?

I think this is a likely possibility. She could've been on so many different drugs that are common enough around UVA/colleges in general and would make her behave out of character.

Imo ,if she was under influence of a drug, she probably took it herself. Why would someone spike her drink and then not follow her? She was seemingly not being "followed" until much later. A person who spikes a drink has an intent and would not be waiting until she was in a busy area full of people and cameras.

Kids at college take drugs. Lots of kids and lots of drugs. Parents might say, "no, never, not my kid" but I am sure they say their kid would not get drunk, wander through town by herself after midnight, and end up in a bar, and car, of a potential killer either. Beyond being grief-stricken and in agony, her parents must be wondering how she could have done all of the things, in one night, she had likely been warned against her whole life. But they do...

Maybe it was just alcohol in Hannah's case, but clearly it was too much and affected her judgement, Imo. Maybe none of her friends were sober enough to be really concerned either. Imo this guy had way too much time between the early hours of Sat. AM and later on Sunday when she was reported missing. Really hoping someone will have noticed that unusual car last weekend.

Jmo

Question. Where would one go to check on the potential criminal record of a resident of Charlottesville, VA?

You can find court information on individual cases. You search by the court and the name. The POI's address is in Albemarle County, not the city. And criminal stuff would be under General Distrct, Traffic/Criminal. I don't think Albemarle has its Circuit stuff online.

Here's the link: http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing

**edited for corrections - their circuit is online. Here's the link: http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/MainMenu.do

Well, talking from experience, I think if the guy was good looking I may have followed him to a bar. We need to quit judging women as if they "asked for it". College kids drink, college kids get drunk. When we start saying that is a reason college kids get killed then we need to quit making excuses for people who choose to rape, kill or otherwise abuse these women.

I totally agree that if he was good-looking and of her same socioeconomic class (like a fellow student), sure, she could easily have been fooled. But a well-to-do educated, smart, thin white college girl hanging with some overweight sketchy black guy with dreadlocks who probably is unemployed (based on what I've read on this forum about him being a regular at the "mall") makes absolutely no sense. How suave could he be? They are of such disparate backgrounds (based on superficial appearances), it seems downright bizarre that red flags weren't flying right and left to her (even drunk as a skunk).
Well it doesn't really matter. Maybe he is her type. Who knows. I just pray she is found alive.

I have behaved like that when drunk. Alcohol affects everyone differently. Watching the pub video, the first thought in my head was "oooh, honey, I've been there." And I have run through shady areas because I was freaked out while alone and intoxicated, like I think she was doing in the gas station video.

She was definitely going somewhere, imo, and it wasn't home.

Some take a stimulant ie adderall when they drink so they don't get so sloppy drunk. It makes for a hyper drunk effect, kind of like what we may be seeing here. moo

doesn't even have to be prearranged if they have some history, she's looking, he spots her first and assumes she is prolly looking for me

Why would Hannah, a fit, young, university student want to hook up with a 270 pound, 6 foot 2 black man when she's drunk and lost?
Was she a rower?

<snipped for brevity>

Maybe she tells him she told her friends she was lost to buy herself some time and an excuse as to where she was. Or maybe he suggests that she tell her friends that to use as an excuse for the time she was gone.

totally agree with your whole post, but especially the above. i've told 'white lies' to excuse my whereabouts before... usually when i feel i may get in trouble for the real reason i'm not where i'm supposed to be! for instance if i slept in on a weekday i'd more than likely text the boss "stuck in traffic, see you shortly" rather than "forgot to set my alarm and can't be bothered rushing". i'm sure everyone has done similar at some point in time, especially when they were younger.

it seems perfectly plausible to me that if hannah was going to another party but had been held up on her 'mission' she would text and say "i'm lost at [location near party]" in the event people were expecting her and/or wondering where she was. if i were waiting for a friend at a party and got that text i'd assume they'd find their way soon and (if i were drunk and 18) not give it any more thought.

JMO but i really do think hannah was just wanting to buy herself some time without explaining the real reason she wasn't at the party already...

You can find court information on individual cases. You search by the court and the name. The POI's address is in Albemarle County, not the city. And criminal stuff would be under General Distrct, Traffic/Criminal. I don't think Albemarle has its Circuit stuff online.

Here's the link: http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing

**edited for corrections - their circuit is online. Here's the link: http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/MainMenu.do

I PMed you for a little more specific expert assistance. &#55357;&#56841;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member