VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading her twitter, it appears she was recently on a medicine for copd

That is used in UK as we'd use mucinex or robitussin here. I doubt seriously she has COPD.

I did notice quite a few tweets referencing drinking.

That is used in UK as we'd use mucinex or robitussin here. I doubt seriously she has COPD.

I did notice quite a few tweets referencing drinking.

Yep was going to say the same thing. Probably for bronchitis or something. She definitely was a drinker.

Both excellent points, and I make both those texting mistakes myself all too often. I need a "grabbing at straws" emoji here. :)

Her wording may have to do with her background.

One thing that stood out to me scanning through her twitter feed is that she appears to be more mature, worldly, than what you may consider your typical 18 year old. She certainly seemed to travel a lot and her parents and other relatives allowed her to drink. There is a photo of a map where she shows all the places her father has been around the world. It's loaded with pins all over.

I have a lot of catching up to do in the thread, but just don't feel up to it now. It is a bit frustrating reading through, as there is a lot of misinformation regarding wrong timelines and naming suspects that aren't involved and also getting off topic...argh!!

Regardless, a thought I wanted to share (despite being crazy)...I'm starting to buy the theory that WG and DBM (and even perhaps the two ladies in the Sal's video) are in cahoots. If the WG did in fact give the incorrect description (and it wasn't LE trying to instill a false sense of security in DBM) than I think there is DEFINITE reason to think there is collaboration between them. WG lays in wait, alerts DBM of target coming up, WG steps right out behind her to indicate that she is the target. DBM comes up and engages her. The thinking would be that she would tell him to bug off or act bothered, then WG comes in the "save" her, thus instilling a sense of trust. At which point he would offer her "help"... maybe a ride home or something to get her to come with him and he can abduct. It just so happened that she didn't act bothered by DBM, therefore, DBM was able to carry out the plan and was able to take her. I'm thinking this would potentially be related to sex trade. DBM has no job seemingly, no drugs were found to warrant arrest, so that leaves out drug dealing as an income option (unless he disposed of them in the home when they came to search car). So perhaps this is how he makes his income. Totally far fetched and out there for this "small town," but I was thinking about it as I lay here not sleeping.

As to why WG went to police, he probably has to "live the lie," be the hero....and lay seeds of misinformation to throw them off...

I find it weird if she actually was lost, why not ask someone where she is, she could have asked anyone, even back at the pub, or the shell station, I feel like she knew exactly where she was going. Also she had her phone, why not ring her friend if she was genuinely lost and describe being at a shell station, instead of just aimlessly walking in one direction. Or use google maps/imaps. Its odd she never mentions being lost until 1:20
But at the same time, if they left the Tempo club after a drink not long before 1:20, how would he be able to be driving/get the phone off her/have her not be able to get the phone either by taking it or knocking her out or something and then text the friend back saying that she was "lost" like it seems like a small timeframe for someone else to have sent it. I feel like she sent it. Who knows why. Unless she was going back to the party with this guy and coz she never usually goes there in a car was confused as to where she was directing him, maybe forgot the name of the street the party was on but recognised the street she said in the text.

another version;

"She had been drinking quite a bit," Pleasants said of Graham's condition after leaving a party a few blocks from her home Friday night. "She told him [a friend Graham attended the party with] that she was leaving and going home. He asked if he could walk her home and she said no she was fine. He stayed and she left."

Over the next 45 minutes, Graham sent text messages to several friends, with one message saying "I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland." That was the area she was in, said Pleasants, "an area she's very familiar with."
At around 1 a.m., investigators say Graham's phone was either turned off or died.

http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/2014/09/16/police-reveal-new-details-about-missing-uva-student/

14th and Wertland is where the party was at she attended in the apartments. Her apartment is right around the block. How do you get lost going home when her apartment is around the block unless she wasn't go home or maybe she was drugged and was so screwed up she couldn't find her way home.

1,550 volunteers to search Charlottesville for Hannah Graham

The arena will be the base of a massive volunteer search Saturday, with 1,550 volunteers sweeping Charlottesville from 8 a.m. until sunset.

UVA students and nearby residents waited in a line stretching two blocks to enter the arena, all for an evening briefing before Saturday's search.

"The fact that someone in our community has been hurt, it affects all of us," said UVA student Megan Tracy in an interview. "So hopefully tomorrow, we can make some progress."

Volunteers will be divided into teams, and will be directed by team leaders as groups search different parts of the city.

As volunteers filled the seats facing the basketball court, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo Sr. delivered specific instructions on how to conduct the search effort.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26582079/1550-volunteers-to-search-charlottesville-for-hannah-graham

I'm betting that Dreads didn't sleep too good last night.................hopefully this will be his last day of freedom.

Attachments

• grahamsearch.jpg
    grahamsearch.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 326
I wish them well in the search today. I can't imagine where they would start to search. Since I think she was driven somewhere, I really wish they could track the orange/copper car via cameras. He had to go somewhere from the mall area, and I don't know if he took her to his condo or if he went straight to another spot. I never saw if his phone was taken, but I would to know what is on Hannah's.

I missed a lot of pages last night because of it being Friday night and having to tend to my actual life ;). Can anyone tell me if it has been discussed if Hannah could have perhaps "met" Dreads at another location that evening? For instance, during the time frame that she's unaccounted for--after leaving the party and before showing up on the video outside the pub? Maybe she ran into him either outside or inside some place and he struck up a conversation with her? So that later, she was more at ease seeing her "new friend?" Dreads was taking quite a gamble, being a large black man approaching a slight young white woman in front of a bunch of other men (I'm making an assumption that pack of boys was also still in the vicinity). If she really HAD never seen him before, the reaction she had to him would have been very unpredictable I would think--would he gamble on that in front of others?

I said this yesterday, so forgive me for repeating myself, but I think this guy is definitely a pimp and the women he "high fived" are two of his girls (or at least one is). I think he was seen hanging around that area a lot because it is where he conducted his business. Who knows, maybe the guy who commented on that one news article that he saw him hanging out there was one of his customers.

I've watched the jewelry store video 20 times now.

I'm still baffled how Dreads manages to catch up to White Guy, gets around him, then gets ahead of him, and puts his arm around Hannah's waist.......and yet White Guy's description to the cops was a black guy with a bald head and a goatee.

I guess the idea that eye-witness accounts are sometimes completely unreliable has a ring of truth about it.

Maybe it was the lighting, maybe White Guy himself had a little too much to drink, maybe White Guy needs to invest in a pair of glasses ?

Attachments

• Graham1.jpg
    Graham1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Graham2.jpg
    Graham2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Graham3.jpg
    Graham3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Graham4.jpg
    Graham4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 50
Do we know what Hanah was studying? I can't find her FB and was curious. If, for example, she was studying psychology or social science, she may be more inclined to talk to fringe dwellers.

In one article her friend said she wasn't familiar with the area she lived and had only lived there 2
Weeks so far

[/COLOR][/B]
I saw that the first time I went to her social media pages. It was the same tonight. Nothing there as far as any messages of support...really weird. IMO I haven't looked at the find Heather Graham FB page. Maybe her friends have posted there instead. Or the privacy settings make it so that non FB friends can only view some posts and pics. She may even have it set where she has to approve comments :(

Please can someone link her fb and twitter accounts for me?

I've watched the jewelry store video 20 times now.

I'm still baffled how Dreads manages to catch up to White Guy, gets around him, then gets ahead of him, and puts his arm around Hannah's waist.......and yet White Guy's description to the cops was a black guy with a bald head and a goatee.

I guess the idea that eye-witness accounts are sometimes completely unreliable has a ring of truth about it.

Maybe it was the lighting, maybe White Guy himself had a little too much to drink, maybe White Guy needs to invest in a pair of glasses ?
Or...maybe that wasn't the WG's description at all. One article in the beginning said the BG had 'short hair'. Then it got changed by someone to bald. Did we actually get this information from a direct LE quote? Once media gets a hold of information, it gets distorted, embellished, etc. Maybe Dreadlock guy does have a goatee as well as the locks.

I missed a lot of pages last night because of it being Friday night and having to tend to my actual life ;). Can anyone tell me if it has been discussed if Hannah could have perhaps "met" Dreads at another location that evening? For instance, during the time frame that she's unaccounted for--after leaving the party and before showing up on the video outside the pub? Maybe she ran into him either outside or inside some place and he struck up a conversation with her? So that later, she was more at ease seeing her "new friend?" Dreads was taking quite a gamble, being a large black man approaching a slight young white woman in front of a bunch of other men (I'm making an assumption that pack of boys was also still in the vicinity). If she really HAD never seen him before, the reaction she had to him would have been very unpredictable I would think--would he gamble on that in front of others?

I said this yesterday, so forgive me for repeating myself, but I think this guy is definitely a pimp and the women he "high fived" are two of his girls (or at least one is). I think he was seen hanging around that area a lot because it is where he conducted his business. Who knows, maybe the guy who commented on that one news article that he saw him hanging out there was one of his customers.

I don't know that there is any proof yet that she knew him previously. But I agree with the idea that it was possible, maybe even just a visual recognition. If this was one of his normal haunts in order to sell drugs to college kids or whatever his deal was, then it is possible that maybe she had seen him lurking around there on previous trips to the bars. Maybe she didn't "know him" per se', but she had seen him around enough to not feel threatened or alarmed when he approached her.

Sort of similar to "knowing" the checkout lady at the grocery store, but you know nothing about her and you don't even know her name. You just see her there all the time and so you sort of feel like you "know" her. I'm thinking the situation between Dreads and her may have been similar to that, visual recognition, up until that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member