VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea her twitter is sad but I def don't think she was looking for drugs . Even one of her tweets sounded like she wasn't ok with her friends doing drugs . And it looks like she has an iPhone so I'm still confused to the last text she sent if she did send
It bc how could the man get her phone if she had a pass code like most people and I'm assuming most young girls

Before the two entered the bar, witnesses saw the man, dressed in all white, put his hands around Graham's waist. At the bar, the man bought alcohol, and he and Graham left after 15 minutes, Longo said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/19/missing-virginia-student/15890571/

"I spoke with him early this morning, and I want to speak to him again," Charlottesville Detective Sgt. Jim Mooney said. "And I want to speak to anybody who has spoken to him since Saturday morning."

I totally agree and this part of the case makes it all the more painful. They were not looking out for each other at all. I really hate the drug and alcohol scene on campuses, and I am disappointed that people are careless with their friendships. Friendships are more than clicking "like."

Does it matter? I thought cops wouldn't investigate a missing person's case until they were missing 24 hours (or is that a myth perpetuated by cop shows?). I would think that would be especially true in a college town where the missing person may have just ended up crashing at someone's place and hadn't made it home yet.

So, if she was last heard from at 1:20am Saturday morning, 24 hours would be Sunday morning. Cops wouldn't have even started looking until Sunday anyway, right?

Does it matter? I thought cops wouldn't investigate a missing person's case until they were missing 24 hours (or is that a myth perpetuated by cop shows?). I would think that would be especially true in a college town where the missing person may have just ended up crashing at someone's place and hadn't made it home yet.

So, if she was last heard from at 1:20am Saturday morning, 24 hours would be Sunday morning. Cops wouldn't have even started looking until Sunday anyway, right?

BBM The 24 hour wait period is a myth. They will investigate immediately.

For some reason, my spidey sense tell me WG and Dredds were in cahoots.

Yea her twitter is sad but I def don't think she was looking for drugs . Even one of her tweets sounded like she wasn't ok with her friends doing drugs . And it looks like she has an iPhone so I'm still confused to the last text she sent if she did send
It bc how could the man get her phone if she had a pass code like most people and I'm assuming most young girls

I agree, I don't think she was looking for drugs either. She honestly reminds me a lot of myself at 18. I liked to drink but never smoked or did drugs. As for the phone - I'm a young girl and mine does not have a pass code

I just had a thought....

could LE have found in the dashboard of his car a receipt (time and date stamped) from parking structure where he parked near the Tempo that evening... Which placed the car at the mall?

Or is there no parking facilities such as these near the mall?

:waitasec:

My guess is that they found a date stamped receipt for Tempo. That probably led them there to interview the bartender who told them that DBG was there with Hanna and that they stayed for about 15 mins.

ETA- I've had to skip many pages in this thread just to keep up, so I'm a little confused. Why do people still think WG was involved? Didn't I see an article that stated LE intentionally misled about DBG . . .all the "not seen on video," black jeans and white shirt, bald headed, etc? Did I not see that?

I just had a thought....

could LE have found in the dashboard of his car a receipt (time and date stamped) from parking structure where he parked near the Tempo that evening... Which placed the car at the mall?

Or is there no parking facilities such as these near the mall?

I don't think so -- Longo was not sure if the car was parked in the street or in a garage. Maybe there was a receipt from the bar, though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please please find Hannah today!! Praying:please: This family needs their little girl!

I see it at the very beginning of this one. If you don't look fast you miss it, but the one woman puts her hand up and high fives dreads.

It's interesting how he appears to be lumbering along at a leisurely pace throughout the video, until the very end when he seems to speed up and walk past the crowd of kids. Lots of witnesses to have pulled such a brazen stunt. He looks harmless to me, and not like he is targeting her. He looks too casual. Maybe a dealer? I saw the high five at the very beginning, so he was a known figure there. What really baffles me, is that WG said he was bald with a goatee, but he has dreads down his back ... how do you miss that? JMO.

I thought about the bathroom scenario, too...maybe that's why she was "distressed" (she did a lot of walking after doing a lot of drinking).

As for someone else texting that last message on HG's phone, maybe he used that address because he was at the party earlier, which was just down the street from that intersection? And she was comfortable being around him because she had seen him earlier that night? Far fetched, but just looking for something that makes some sense....

I do not think this is far fetched to me at all...

could he have been at the same, earlier party as Hannah and her friends... And that is where she "caught his eye"?

Or perhaps they had some short communication there?.... Like while waiting in line for the restroom or ???

For some reason, my spidey sense tell me WG and Dredds were in cahoots.

I think...JMO...that WG is a cop who was watching Dreads and maybe some other folks. And when Dreads and HG went into bar, WG had to move on and continue watching other folks. I think the WG's description, of bald BG, LE released was on purpose so as not to spook Dreads.

I can't keep up so forgive me if someone has already added this theory, but building off the illicit drug transaction scenario this could have been an OD that DBG had to cover up to protect his interests. Reminds me so much of the Lauren Spierer case.

Also, can they not arrest DBG for supplying alcohol to a minor?

I have never posted before, this case has really dragged me in. Sorry if this is a bit random and elementary.

I noticed a couple things while checking out HG FB page.

Under her groups, UVA Lost and Found, there is a
post on Tuesday about a stolen keg tap. It states that it was stolen from a party at 301 14th St.
I'm sure that party could be just one of many parties that night, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Also, several comments on her photos suggest that she is "not American". I don't recall anyone mentioning
that before and I wonder if she has an accent? That could make her more memorable to a witness that may
not otherwise remember an interaction with her.

Lastly, I'm bothered by her friends not being concerned that she walked away from the group later texts that she
is "lost". I would think they would have checked and noticed her missing before Sunday afternoon.
The fact that no one reports her missing until so late on Sunday is disturbing to me. Couple that with the Chiefs
passionate plea for information and stating that "you know the name..." makes me very suspicious of her
companions.

When my son went missing I immediately posted on his FB page even though he does not use it much. The response
was huge. Why is nothing posted on her FB page about her disappearance? Nothing. So many people posted
notes to my boy letting him know they were ready and willing to help him in anyway. Notes of support to us as well.
I find it weird that none of her friends have posted a single word on her timeline.

Her FB settings do not let you see what others are posting on her wall. I looked up one of her friends mentioned in an article, and it led me to many UVA students who changed their FB photos or posted about her.

I can't keep up so forgive me if someone has already added this theory, but building off the illicit drug transaction scenario this could have been an OD that DBG had to cover up to protect his interests. Reminds me so much of the Lauren Spierer case.

Also, can they not arrest DBG for supplying alcohol to a minor?

If they start arresting anyone and everyone who supplied alcohol to her, the Charlottesville jail is going to be packed to capacity.

Starting to see tweets from fellow colleges supporting UVA and Hannah using #onestateonefight. So awesome.

That is used in UK as we'd use mucinex or robitussin here. I doubt seriously she has COPD.

I did notice quite a few tweets referencing drinking.

It is difficult to me, too, to believe she has been diagnosed with COPD...

But... If true... Could she have been searching the town for a drug store that sells Mucinex or Robitussin... And that is why she ended up at the mall?

:dunno:

It's interesting how he appears to be lumbering along at a leisurely pace throughout the video, until the very end when he seems to speed up and walk past the crowd of kids. Lots of witnesses to have pulled such a brazen stunt. He looks harmless to me, and not like he is targeting her. He looks too casual. Maybe a dealer? I saw the high five at the very beginning, so he was a known figure there. What really baffles me, is that WG said he was bald with a goatee, but he has dreads down his back ... how do you miss that? JMO.

It seems almost unbelievable as we all sit quietly and analyze what facts we've been given. But there are many cases when witnesses KNOW a crime is being committed - an assault, a purse snatching, etc. - and they give conflicting information to police. One witness might say he was wearing glasses while another said the perp did not wear glasses. 3 separate witnesses might describe the perp as wearing a blue wind breaker, a green sweatshirt or a black shirt.

This was 2 minutes in WG's night and he had no idea a crime might have started. Even though Dreadlocks passed him to get to Hannah, he was probably focused on Hannah and paid the guy no mind till he put his arm around her. Even then his focus was probably more on a good looking lady than the guy. Then 48-72 hours pass before he realizes he is a witness and contacts police.

The mind can play tricks on memory. He can subconsciously be mixing different experiences when he provides his description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico