VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police already had a warrant for the vehicle in hand when they arrived at the property - a warrant which has been sealed, so we don't know what the probable cause was that convinced a judge to issue the warrant (well, other than what Longo said about it.) But it's possible that the car had nothing to do with the probable cause that allowed them to seek a second warrant for the apartment. For example, there was a dumpster located adjacent to that building, and it doesn't require a warrant to look inside a dumpster. There are a number of other possibilities that might be independent of the vehicle. I'm really not trying to split hairs, just pointing out that it doesn't logically follow that the vehicle contains critical evidence.

And yet you could still be right - if they looked in the vehicle and saw something clearly belonging to Hannah, it wouldn't take a search of the vehicle to have probable cause. A sworn officer's statement to a judge would be sufficient at that point.

Hardly proof of anything, but what if poi's car passenger seats were normally adjusted close to the dashboard and now it is stretched back, possibly to accommodate the statuesque Hannah?
Maybe the car had uncharacteristically been taken to a car wash?

Geez, maybe he was getting ready to flee. Could that be the reason for the search warrants? A fully packed car?

I don't think having his car packed with belongings would be cause for a search warrant on his home in relation to Hannah's disappearance. But IDK, that's just my opinion.

That's what I think happened. If he did something to her, I do not think it was premeditated.

What I see is a man who has been drinking (and is looking for a girl) spotting a girl who has been drinking, and taking action. He decides to get her a little drunker, offers to take her home, puts the moves on her and he reacts badly when she either rejects him or stops the event before he wanted it to stop.

That is why he was not thinking about cameras or being seen. To him, at the time he spots Hannah, he has absolutely no intention of committing a crime against her.

I'll be honest...that DM article sounded completely made up. I think they just did some internet searching to find a FB page that matched the POI's name and then maybe LinkedIn and Twitter. They posted a few pictures from there and then literally, made up the entire interview. Why would he not talk to police yet his grandmother and friends would talk to the DM? Yeah, right.

To get his DNA they need evidence they want to compare it to. They need to find Hannah or her clothes/crime scene etc. jmo

I was thinking of Morgan. If he was driving a cab when she vanished, I wonder if there are any other Morgan connections?

Wait, what?? Is it Jesse LJ Matthews or MATTHEW? I think this tweet is incorrect. We've been talking about Matthew (singular) but now this reporter is saying it is Matthews?

Exactly. :facepalm:

Is it possible that the other 3 apartments are vacant? There have been cases in the past where crimes were committed in vacant apartments. Has it been confirmed that residents are currently living in the other 3 apartments? They may be for sale. I saw some listed on Zillow.

Looks like one of them will be available for lease in October...according to a rental listing from August.

I am just throwing this out there...but many times I have read FBI profiles of serial killers (assuming he turns out to be linked to the other missing women) that state they are looking for a very average guy who would just blend in to the community with a low paying job such as mechanic or dishwasher, etc. Many of the serial killers are just average guys who blend in to community. Rarely do they look like freaks. It is never the Charles Manson look, you know. They must seem non-threatening to the victim. I think winning over the victim is all part of the hunt, IMHO.

Neighbor of Dreds was quoted as saying he had never seen the guy go to work.

Wait, what?? Is it Jesse LJ Matthews or MATTHEW? I think this tweet is incorrect. We've been talking about Matthew (singular) but now this reporter is saying it is Matthews?

I'll be honest...that DM article sounded completely made up. I think they just did some internet searching to find a FB page that matched the POI's name and then maybe LinkedIn and Twitter. They posted a few pictures from there and then literally, made up the entire interview. Why would he not talk to police yet his grandmother and friends would talk to the DM? Yeah, right.

I tend to agree. Wasn't the part about the "eating two bowls of greens" not even in the article originally??? (Or did I miss it?)

IIRC The police said he has talked to them once, they said they would like to talk to him again. It's my opinion that he has gotten a lawyer, and I don't blame him. jmo idk

Neighbor of Dreds was quoted as saying he had never seen the guy go to work.

I live in a townhouse community and have never seen most of my neighbors go to work. If he works at a hospital, his hours are probably not the typical 9-5 which would make it even less likely a neighbor would have seem him go to work.

If he works in a hospital, then his shifts could be such that a neighbor on 9 to 5 hours would never see him going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog