VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for a fact that the FBI's BAU detailed a profile on Morgan Harrington's killer. I absolutely would love to be able to read that now. You would think they would make more of those things public.

"Harrington was a 20-year-old student at Virginia Tech when she went to the concert that Saturday, October 17, at the John Paul Jones Arena on the University of Virginia campus. At about 8:30 p.m., she left the building and was unable to get back inside. She was last seen hitchhiking nearby.

Her remains were discovered the following January in a remote field on a farm in Albemarle County, Virginia. A camera she had that night and a distinctive Swarovski crystal necklace she was wearing have not been recovered.

FBI agents in our Charlottesville Resident Agency have been assisting state investigators, and profilers from our Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) have also provided consultation.

“A lot of BAU’s work focused on the location of the body and what that told us about the offender,” Cappuzzo said. “We believe he was intimately familiar with the farm and the surrounding area where the body was recovered. He may have been comfortable there and felt he was not at risk of getting caught.”

DNA recovered in the Harrington case was linked to an unknown offender in a September 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City. A 26-year-old woman was attacked at night while walking home from a grocery store. The offender was scared away by a passerby—but the victim got a good look at him, enabling a Fairfax City Police artist to produce a sketch of the attacker.

“It was a remarkable break to get the DNA match,” said FBI Special Agent Jane Collins. The forensic evidence linked the two cases, so now we have a face to put with the suspect in the Harrington case. The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair (at the time of the 2005 attack). He is approximately 6 feet tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the Fairfax City assault."

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...an-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412

"The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair at the time of the attack. He is approximately 6’0” tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the attack.

The public is asked to review this information and consider whether they know someone who generally fits this description, who lived or had ties to the area around the times of the assaults, or who may have been known to spend considerable amounts of time in those areas.

People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing these crimes. He may not necessarily have a violent criminal history. Because investigators are in possession of DNA evidence that can either positively link the suspect to his crimes or exclude innocent parties, citizens should not hesitate to provide information, even if it is just the name of a potential suspect."

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...dia-campaign-in-morgan-harrington-murder-case

But why release any information at all if the purpose was to give Dreads a false sense of security? Releasing a patently false description of a POI (bald, white shirt, black pants) would seem to create unnecessary work for the PD in filtering out bad leads. Why not just release no info? It doesn't make sense to me. I tend to believe WG initially gave them this description of a man WG claims he saw approach HG. Then something changed...??

If they released false information, it would be my bet that it had nothing to do with giving Dreads a false sense of security, it would actually have nothing to do with him at all. It would be more to give the person giving them the info the false sense of security.

I want to know where that orange car went after it left the mall. Surely there must be some video at least in the downtown area.

User Actions
Via Twitter, 2 minutes ago:

Rick Boone
‏@RickBooneFOX5DC
Person of interest apt in the #HannahGraham. Friends and family taking clothing and boxes out the apt. Jessie Matthew not seen.@fox5newsdc
Virginia, US

Is he fleeing?

Yes, there's an article with a headline referring to her as a missing nursing student. If you read this thread, and the one before it, you'll find a discussion about it and the possibility she might have recognized this man from the hospital.

P.S. I love your user name :).

Thanks and hard to catch up,had to work today so..I got it from Inspector Gadget,changed it to Gidget.More feminine.

Anyone find out if the POI lived in the Fairfax, VA area in 2005? He would have been only 23 years old then and doesn't look like the aged man of 30+ in the sketch from the rape back then.

In Googling Tempo restaurant I did find out theres one in Alexandria. Not sure if its related to the one in C-Ville but they have the same kind of high end menus and French/Italian foods.

Probably nothing but thought it was worth mentioning.

Is he fleeing?

I wonder if his neighbors have err... 'pressured' him to leave.

I am sure he is staying with family.

He really cannot flee, as LE has him under 24 hr surveillance (per Longo at yesterday's presser)

Here's what I don't understand. If wg started following hg because she looked distressed why would she then end up drinking in a bar with bg. In that second video wg is still following hg after she hooks up with bg. He didn't stop after she met someone as he claims. I don't know. Call it intuition but wg pings my perp meter way more than bg does. I guess time will tell but like a couple of others I'm really feeling like bg isn't their guy.

It would be quite a turn of events if WG was outside of Tempo after seeing HG and BG go in...then they emerge and BG leaves, HG is alone and WG becomes the bad guy.

Yes, my thoughts as well. Even though WG has been cleared as a witness, it still just doesn't make sense to me.
Also, I'm really interested by LE's comment about her appearance, that she was "walking with a purpose". It's all just so odd! Maybe the conversations that she had with her friends that seemed 'normal' hold the insight as to why she walked that distance and what was her purpose. I just sorta feel like she was meeting up with BG for some reason, or looking for him, or possibly someone else.

Here's what I don't understand. If wg started following hg because she looked distressed why would she then end up drinking in a bar with bg. In that second video wg is still following hg after she hooks up with bg. He didn't stop after she met someone as he claims. I don't know. Call it intuition but wg pings my perp meter way more than bg does. I guess time will tell but like a couple of others I'm really feeling like bg isn't their guy.

The person that murdered Morgan Harrington may have this necklace. Now that there is a person of interest in Hannah's disappearance, if he is responsible for Morgan's murder, someone that knows the current person of interest may recognize this:

Just found this other sketch of MH suspect on post #971 of Morgan's thread #15. This is different than the older looking MH suspect sketch we have seen on here. So is the description. Holy cow, that looks just like HG POI, does it not? If he was a cab driver at the time MH disappeared from that concert parking lot.... Surely, they are on this guy like flies on ****.

ETA pic...http://s160.photobucket.com/user/zed0101/media/HarringtonWantedPosterModified_zpsa9403df1.jpg.html

The current sketch of the suspect in the 2005 Rape in Fairfax City & in the MH's case was updated by the FBI, I believe, just after MH's remains were found. I thought they may have age progressed the original sketch. Note: he was described as being much heavier and more in line with JLM's size. This original sketch shows a much chubbier face.

Wanted_2005_Fairfax_City_Poster.jpg

"slight beer belly" - hmmmm...funny they use the exact same phrasing (as opposed to paunch, spare tire, or the like)

I think that phrasing was specific to description of POI in Hannah's case. It's confusing because it's comparing the two POI with just the sketch from Morgan's case. Does that make sense?

But why release any information at all if the purpose was to give Dreads a false sense of security? Releasing a patently false description of a POI (bald, white shirt, black pants) would seem to create unnecessary work for the PD in filtering out bad leads. Why not just release no info? It doesn't make sense to me. I tend to believe WG initially gave them this description of a man WG claims he saw approach HG. Then something changed...??

I'm wondering if there still is a bald guy that might be trickier to get to than Dreads was. Perhaps they were confident of nabbing Dreads but needed some help with the Bald Guy?? I really don't know.

I assume that LJM's DNA has been taken? What's the usual turnaround time for that analysis to be made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Him potentially having access to drugs (working in a hospital) and that being the reason HG and he met up is a strong possibility to me. I think it's naive btw to think that nowadays it's not possible to get them in a hospital b/c they're locked up and electronically monitored or whatever.

I was a UVA 18 yr old female student at one point in my life... Putting myself back in those shoes, I cannot imagine why she would have (seemingly) rushed to the Downtown Mall on her own at 1am. No one goes there for partying as an undergrad, and it's always been a little creepy at night. Meeting up for drugs is the only logical explanation to me.

As for the POI himself, wow, I'm really perplexed. He's apparently f/b friends with many people with whom I grew up in Cville. People who are very upstanding, and you can also see "Step Up" as a group he's part of on f/b. Supports sexual assault justice and prevention education. I'm just totally shocked and trying to figure out the discrepancy of both the facts (buying her drink, letting her go off alone according to him, etc), the very hard-to-ignore actual potential actions afterwards and these upstanding data points.

Regardless of whether Dreads told the police Hannah wasnt in his car or whether he told his grandmother, we know that to be a lie as there is no way humanly possible they could have walked from Tuels Jewelers to Tempo in 12 minutes time.

Its a little over 3 miles away from the downtown mall.

If he's lying to the police and/or his grandmother you can bet theres a reason for it.

The jewelry store is not 3 miles away, it is 0.1 miles away. The travel time on foot between the jeweler and the bar equates to about a 2 minute walk.
Use Google Maps. It's pretty much a block and a half down and then around the corner.

I'm wondering if there still is a bald guy that might be trickier to get to than Dreads was. Perhaps they were confident of nabbing Dreads but needed some help with the Bald Guy?? I really don't know.

Remember that by naming a POI they are essentially saying they are still looking at other avenues as well. So they could be looking at Dreads AND someone else and they could have nothing to do with each other, one being guilty and the other not (or both being not guilty).

Anyone know if Hannah was a nursing student? In picture looked like she had a lab jacket on.Trying to find some kind of connection here.

You don't do hands on nursing "stuff" until you are third year. First two years are spent getting core curriculum and any other requirements/electives out of the way, then final two years are all nursing classes. At least that's the way things were run when I was there decades ago (I spent one semester in the Nursing School and bailed). The lab coat could be associated with a biology or chem lab...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members