VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE!!! START A MORGAN HARRINGTON THREAD so that we can concentrate on Hannah, here. This is beyond confusing. I don't want to see a perp sketch of MH's suspect here anymore. It takes up half the page and is not related to this case. THANKS JMO

You have to be kidding me right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome:

Just wanted to take a moment and wish a hearty welcome to all the new Ws members!!

PLEASE!!! START A MORGAN HARRINGTON THREAD so that we can concentrate on Hannah, here. This is beyond confusing. I don't want to see a perp sketch of MH's suspect here anymore. It takes up half the page and is not related to this case. THANKS JMO

Or how about a general Charlottesville Missing Persons thread, since there are several of them?

The only thing i found of FB to be even mildly interesting was he commented on a gun control article and it sounded like he was against Obama's gun control. Other than that, just normal chit chat.

There's already a Morgan Harrington thread in the located forum

Given what he is suspected of here, if DNA links him to the Harrington case, they would have probable cause to charge him with multiple crimes. Bond would likely not be an option.

LE would need a warrant for the DNA if it's true they have not questioned him.

Given what he is suspected of here, if DNA links him to the Harrington case, they would have probable cause to charge him with multiple crimes. Bond would likely not be an option.

If they don't have evidence to compare his DNA to, a judge is not going to issue a SW to collect his DNA imo. I know I sure as heck would not voluntarily give up my DNA just because I am a POI.

Can people stop with the wild speculation and just actually use appropriate resources? We now have people using personal anecdote about what they did in college and un-cited testimony from Hannah's friends in order to determine what her major is. This took five seconds to find, and it is from a reliable source. "Police are studying new video that shows a missing University of Virginia nursing student". This is from September 17, this information is not new.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Police-Search-for-Missing-UVa-Student-275136791.html

We were using personal stories to decide whether or not she had clinicals at the hospital. sheesh. smh. Bc none of the articles mentioned that. We *already knew* she was a nursing student. Question was if she was in clinicals at hospital and could have met POI there....

I don't believe that to be correct. I have read about several cases where DNA was taken from a discarded item in order to build a case against a free suspect.

You still have to have evidence to compare it to. We have no evidence in this case so far, that we know of and this is Hannah's thread.

Can people stop with the wild speculation and just actually use appropriate resources? We now have people using personal anecdote about what they did in college and un-cited testimony from Hannah's friends in order to determine what her major is. This took five seconds to find, and it is from a reliable source. "Police are studying new video that shows a missing University of Virginia nursing student". This is from September 17, this information is not new.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Police-Search-for-Missing-UVa-Student-275136791.html

We already cited that article a long time ago. Go read from the beginning. We were talking about clinicals. Blech.

On the LinkedIn Page, referenced in the last thread, JM was employed by the OR at UVA Medical Center as Patient Transport. Typically, they take OR stretchers up to patient rooms to pick up patients for the OR or go to the Pre Op Holding area and transport patients to the OR. They may also get necessary equipment, medications, blood etc for the OR. When patients go directly from the OR to the ICU, they participate with transport.

I read the job description on the UVA MC website and it seems very similar to positions held in the various hospitals where I worked. Their services are integral to the OR rooms running smoothly and on time. They are a huge asset to the nurses in the OR, PACU, and Same Day Surgery Units. JMV

I don't believe that to be correct. I have read about several cases where DNA was taken from a discarded item in order to build a case against a free suspect.

I do not think those are admissible?

LE would need a warrant for the DNA if it's true they have not questioned him.

They had warrants for his car and apartment. They brought out three bags of potential evidence IIRC. Isn't it possible that they could run DNA on a hairbrush, toothbrush, cigarette butt etc? Of course, they would need to be able to prove that it was his, but still possible. Right?

Here's the link where her friend stated she spent a lot of time at the library and was quite studious.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/17/hannah-graham-downtown-mall/

Yes, your article states Hannah is a nursing student, but were trying to see if she could be directly linked to the hospital. Just because you are majoring in nursing, does not mean you've had experience in the hospital. JMO

I would like to throw out my theory.

The WG was stalking her and waiting to make his move. The DBG sees her also and thinks she and easy lay and catches up to her. He tells her lets go get a drink or something. I don't think she knows DBG because she just started college a couple weeks ago. So they go to the Tempo and get a drink and he hits on her but she is not interested.

BBM, she started in college for this year a couple weeks ago. She is in her second year, though.

<mod snip> But, again, how long did this take me to find?

"Clinical nursing classes extend over the second, third, and fourth years in the BSN curriculum. Clinical experiences occur in a variety of settings at the UVA Medical Center".

http://www.nursing.virginia.edu/programs/highschoolbsn/#classes

Personal stories can be very useful. Otherwise we all can just read the articles ourselves and not bother gathering here to converse about them.

I understand that this thread is flying and hard to keep up with, but my two cents is that I would rather be more inclusive of info/posts/personal experience/potential links, etc than exclusive. Hannah is missing and I know for me, I'm too far away to physically search, so sleuthing is my only potential contribution.

As others have noted, this hits home as so many of us could have been "Hannah" on many a night in our past. And as a parent, my heart breaks for them and I want every possible resource to help finding her and bringing her home to them.

They had warrants for his car and apartment. They brought out three bags of potential evidence IIRC. Isn't it possible that they could run DNA on a hairbrush, toothbrush, cigarette butt etc? Of course, they would need to be able to prove that it was his, but still possible. Right?

Possible but they would still need to know those were his? There were a few people in the apartment when it was searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double