VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the forum but have been following the case. This may have been thought of or brought up already- but where is the restaurant copy of JM's drinks from tempo restaurant? Even if he paid in cash the restaurant should have this- especially if it's upscale. I would think it would have a time stamp on it- which could help us figure out if the logical timeline makes sense and exactly when they left the restaurant. If it took 4 minutes to get from the jewelry store to tempo, and they were there no more then 15 minutes it still puts it past 1:20 that Hannah apparently sent that text she was lost. Something doesn't add up -- including if WG is telling the truth completely.

He bought alcoholic drinks.

If he's a good samaritan, it's hard to explain his hands on her, his purchase of the drinks just before driving and his intentions with a young girl at that time of the morning.

And he's the one that doesn't call the Search Help line or any group helping the Search effort.

Sometimes truth hits like a crack of lightning. Your post is just that.

Oh no, I totally agree. I'm a Christian and I drink occassionally. I'm just picking up on the possibility/clues of a double life. It's not typical for certain types of Christians to be out downtown at bars at 1 am with a younger girl, drinking. It's the whole scene, I guess that seems off. But it's just a small thing.

Agree, I am a Christian, and I just finished an Angry Orchard beer while typing. Not opposed to a beer...sorry if that offends any other Christians.

What, all black men look alike?

I still think LE completely fabricated what WG provided as a description of this man. I don't know why they did it, but I think they did it. Either that or WG is the worst eye-witness on the face of the earth.

I'm just going to throw this out there. Did anyone else notice that OWG not only gave a bad description of the BG with his arm around HG, but that he said he stopped following at that point because it looked like she knew him...only the video shows the OWG STILL following them both? Sorry if that's been said, I'm about 10 pages behind...

YES, except I think she was not very drunk or lost. There has been a lot of exaggeration about that but she is moving pretty well and purposefully, and we have a lot of video time of her not drinking.

On the other hand we know she is going to a party and is no stranger to drinking (and this is reasonable, she is European and has been living with and experiencing alcohol for several years. Yes she lives in VA, but is in Europe every summer.)

We also know she is extremely sharp, worldly, witty. This is a smart woman, studious. No evidence of any interest in drugs, but like most college students knows how to party.

Her room has 20 or 30 booze bottles on top of the cabinet. How did she accumulate those, being under age? Well, people OF age buy it for her, of course. (PD should ask her roomies about that, "Hey, where'd all those bottles come from...?)

There are no drug deals, ruffies/spiked drinks, sex slave rings!

So what is she doing?

She's going to a party, and she is not going empty handed. She is going to buy something to bring, which is not a big deal to her except the silly US drinking age.

She goes right to McGrady's, looks twice in the beer garden for someone she knows, doesn't find him. Looks for his car, then looks for a third time at the front door. She goes further to the mall, and then finds him. First, they pass by each other going opposite directions and she doesn't see him. Then LJ wheels around to go the same direction, then off video passes the other group, calls out, "Hey, Hoo!" He doesn't know her by name, nor does she know him by name, only by sight. Hannah turns around and spots him, lets him catch up and discreetly tells him she needs some drinks for the party. (WG sees all this and bails.) LJ walks with her toward Tempo, now on the second video. He pops in, buys it, brings it out they part.

She heads back on Waters to try to find the party and gets to her neighborhood, but can't remember what apartment the party is in, texts she's coming but "lost". She is not LOST lost, she just can't find the party.

Then something bad happens.

LJ probably isn't involved beyond helping her out with the purchase but he isn't going to talk. He is black and she is white, young, connected. The police are not his friend. In his mind he might even get shot before this thing gets solved. Heck, they already took his car and ransacked his house! At the least the DA would need to give him immunity for buying for her (which he probably did in the past as well, for her and others.) But probably he still won't talk, and if you think about it from his perspective it makes sense.

I do hope they find her soon, sounds like a one-of-a-kind person. The world needs her.
A couple problems...
She texted her friends earlier to come find her because she was lost.
Also, alcohol off stops at midnight in VA. There was no way she was buying alcohol to take anywhere at that time of the night.

We shouldn't put too much faith into his religion. People who claim they're on some "moral high ground" commit crimes just like any other person. Think about murders done by: priests, pastors..etc.

Not to offend someone, but his religion shouldn't matter.

omg...Fox5 is interviewing someone who knew Jesse from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! How is this even worthwhile??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous. What a freaking waste of time. I waited ALL NIGHT FOR THIS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

Surely they realized that teaser they were plastering all over was going to get a TON of viewers watching and it's someone who's not seen him in about half their lifetime. That's...stupid! :gaah:

Talk about a surefire way to not get ANYONE trusting any of their teasers or "breaking" information anymore... :facepalm:

Sure they got viewers, but they're not going to believe them anymore!

It looks like he spots her crossing the street and quickly gets up and acts casual looking in her direction (in reference to the pub and the three gentleman sitting together) Also in the video it looks like he is gesturing for her and sadly gesturing about her physical appearance, but I may be mistaken. If it is indeed him leaving maybe gets into that white car parked a long the side.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

If it is accurate, as said at the link above, that she texted friends more than once about being lost and also at one point was asking them to come find her... then I really do believe she was confused and lost and was not using being lost as an 'excuse'. There's no reason she would ask her drunk friends to come find her if she was actually trying to blow them off, IMO.

To the 284 guests reading - please come join us! We'd love to hear your insights!

He bought alcoholic drinks.

If he's a good samaritan, it's hard to explain his hands on her, his purchase of the drinks just before driving and his intentions with a young girl at that time of the morning.

And he's the one that doesn't call the Search Help line or any group helping the Search effort.

I would disagree with the concern about his arm around her waist. I think back to times when I was younger and was out and if there was a creepy guy (like WG in the videos) near me, I'd maybe reach out to some nice guy and say "walk with me" and pretend to cozy all up -- ESPECIALLY if one or the other of us had been drinking -- just to throw creepy guy off the track and then thank him later. It's not that uncommon.

I can see that but then I continue to think and wonder why if he is such a good guy as to rescue her from a weird guy and to intervene, then why not come forward and tell the cops what happened? After all, if he feared for her enough to get her away from WG, did he just abandon her 20 minutes later (and if so where??). Why not tell LE that so they could get on the right track instead of hiding away until finally identified and then clamming up?

I did say it was whacky :( and it's all speculation/JMO.

I could theorise that he left her at Tempo, or elsewhere, because she assured him she was feeling better/was texting a friend to come get her/meeting someone.

BUT, while I understand there may be "socio-cultural" ( possibly not the right term, but I'm trying very hard to be neutral here) reasons for fearing LE as the last person to have seen her, I DO see a problem with not volunteering information to LE (with a lawyer's assistance) , if that is what going on. But we don't know. Other than LE saying yesterday they had spoken to him, and wished to do so again, we don't know what contact LE has had with him since the press conference yesterday.

I'm intrigued by LE's silence since. Yesterday's presser was very intense, & I've re watched it several times. I almost get the feeling that Chief Longo was sending a very precise, very definite & targeted message to person(s) in particular. AND that he has a particular reason for practically telling the media to get the POI's name into the open.

It's all very strange :(

I'm new around here & am just starting to learn to sleuth. I believe strongly in innocent until proven guilty. This does not mean I think the POI DOESN'T have some very tough questions to answer. I also speculate that LE has a very good idea of what might have happened; I'm surprised, very, that there was no official update tonight.

Maybe WG went to police first to find out what LE knew?
Exactly what I thought, AND to pre-empt potential LE suspicion about himself when the CC film was examined later, by putting another suspect into their minds. Very convenient suspect, too, a dreadlocked black man--that bothers me. I'm not saying the dreadlocked guy didn't do it, but just that the furtive actions and behavior of the white guy are chilling to watch, and IMO do not resemble in the slightest anyone looking to help someone in distress. Sure, someone might stand aside and watch for a bit to ascertain whether help was needed, as a poster said he had done--but to duck behind a doorway like that? To follow stealthily behind her, unseen? No way. No way.

For those considering the possibility that JM is connected to the Morgan Harrington case, sports teams for the Liberty Flames play the George Mason Patriots in Fairfax quite often.

Could JM have been visiting Fairfax for a game in 2005, when that sexual assault occurred in the City of Fairfax? The sketch drawn afterwards was later linked by forensic evidence to Harrington.

FYI: My son played college football. They are bused as a team there and back, and are supervised in a hotel, rooming with other players, trainers, and plenty of coaches. They are not allowed to run around the visited town willy nilly, nor drive their own vehicles. Family & friends can see players briefly after the game is played.

eta; Parker Slaybaugh, a local reporter on this case and on Alexis Murphy's graduated from Liberty University.

I would disagree with the concern about his arm around her waist. I think back to times when I was younger and was out and if there was a creepy guy (like WG in the videos) near me, I'd maybe reach out to some nice guy and say "walk with me" and pretend to cozy all up -- ESPECIALLY if one or the other of us had been drinking -- just to throw creepy guy off the track and then thank him later. It's not that uncommon.
Agreed. I've done it many times myself to discourage a creepy guy hitting on me or being generally annoying.

I may be wrong, but i don't believe he could have bought her alcohol to go (i.e. bottles or six pack) at Tempo. (www.tempocville.com) They are quite upscale and the bar is only 8-10 seats- quite small. Anyway, I don't personally think there is any substantial chance that POI took her to Tempo to buy alcohol to take to a party. In VA, you have to but hard liquor at the state-controlled ABC stores and beer/wine can be bought at grocery stores. I don't think there are package stores, per se.
Maybe she told him she was freaked out from walk/being lost and told him her "story" and he offered to buy her a drink (not necessarily alcohol). If he did this, that would have been to gain her trust and show her he is a "good" guy. Maybe then offered to help get her home and then after he had her in his car it went bad.

I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but do we have first hand information from the police (not media reports) that the police know where JM is now? In this clip (at approx 3:30) it seems like Chief Longo said that he personally did not know JM's whereabouts. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPPS1pb56Q

Quoting myself from up thread, hoping someone knows the answer to my question.

This is why the violent rapes within a block or two of her apartment are key.

One more thing about her "being on a mission" to get somewhere. If we watch the videos, it is obvious that her posture is totally different in the later videos from the first one from her apartment. She's standing tall and upright in the first images. Between the staggering off the sidewalk near the pub at some point in the night to the leaning forward posture and the choppy gait on the mail... Maybe, just maybe, that mission that she was on is the same mission she was on all night long -- being lost and just trying to get home or back to her friends with more and more urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95