VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 408 browsing this thread... so many guests....
Seems I leave a post and when I come back there's a new thread.
Yet, nothing really new as evident by the news thread that's rather small:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Media-Maps-Photos-etc-**NO-DISCUSSION**/page2

My thoughts - the POI is a big guy, what is he 6 + and 270 lbs! Wow, one scary dude - would you get in a car with him?
But if he seemed okay, she might have wanted to walk with him, feeling protected... but then she's left out in the open.. so that doesn't make sense...

Okay, see you next thread... ha!

See, that physical description isn't scary to me! My husband is 6'2, 275, shaved head, beard and people never seem to be afraid of him. He's the sweetest, very out going and would help anybody. Strangers even get that vibe from him. I've felt more danger from guys who were shorter than me! Perceived threats are so relative!

So maybe she liked the protection. I really have no idea what happened, my mind goes all over the place with the different possibilities. but maybe she didn't really mind the attention. If she was drunk, and had been walking around alone (maybe lost) a friendly vibe from somebody may have felt comforting. Just my opinion from being aan 18 year old female once.

But why is the taxi important?

Because she was last seen on a street hitchhiking I think. If I were a cabbie and saw a hitchhiker, I'd stop and if I were a hitchhiker and saw a cabbie, I'd wave to have them stop.

Plus, with Metallica in town the night MH disappeared, the cabs would be all over that area. I should say, I'd doubt if this were all true but if he was a cab driver years ago, the timeline could match up. But, I think I heard somewhere that people who know the POI, don't know of him spending much time in northern virginia and the morgan harrington suspect is also linked to a sexual assault in NOVA.

Thank you! Yet, I was reminded last night that this wasn't MH's thread. Mind you, it wasn't a mod. :) smh

I've been here a long time and sometimes connections can be made or suspected with other cases. If you can't rule out a connection I don't know why it can't be mentioned. Maybe not take over the current subject of the thread but I don't know why it couldn't be mentioned. :fence:

No, you don't get a warrant to search the whole house and take whatever you want. The warrant is issued looking for specific things that would be connected with a crime. A toothbrush generally wouldn't be one of those things.

There was a lot of discussion of this on an earlier thread. I forget which one, but someone ( much more knowledgeable than I) brought up something about how this would work and the technicalities of plain sight, etc. Without knowing the specifics of the warrant, we really can't be sure what they were able to take. If they were able to take his clothes from that night, then I wonder what they could glean from that. Lots of "ifs". Hopefully we will get some answers in the PC. I'll be out for that, so I'll be playing catch up later.

Yeah, I have seen all that.

VD is wrong in his speculative statement. She knows her way around her apartment and around campus. She is a runner. She runs away from her apartment, probably in different directions, and then she runs back to it. Runners are very good at finding their way back, even when visiting new places. Because a cop gets lost there doesn't mean she gets lost there.
Just a minor point, but JVD is one of Hanna's friends/last people to be with her on the night she disappeared. She's not a cop. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I think her statement is likely to be veracious; what reason could she have to misrepresent her knowledge or Hannah's knowledge of that neighborhood?

--- Marking my place, and taking a personal time out. cleaning my floors will probably help readjust my perspective ;)!

This is all getting far too crazy for me.

I'll be back for the presser (fingers-crossed I can watch it - not in the US) at 3.

But why is the taxi important?

It is suspected that MH arranged a ride after being declined back into the arena on UVA campus. Or, was picked up by somebody. Or went with someone she felt she could trust. He resembles the sketch in a 2005 sexual assault case in Fairfax. The DNA from this 2005 case matches DNA found from the MH case. He lived near the area of the farm that MH's remains were located on. He is a local to cville, and knows the area well. It has been said that the person responsible for placing MH's remains, where they were found, knew the area very well. It seems quite clear that the cville area has a serial rapist/murderer within their community, and possibly more than one predator.

Because she was last seen on a street hitchhiking I think. If I were a cabbie and saw a hitchhiker, I'd stop and if I were a hitchhiker and saw a cabbie, I'd wave to have them stop.

Oh thank you! Good point which would lead to a possible crime of opportunity.Who knows perhaps that's also what happened to Hannah?

There was a lot of discussion of this on an earlier thread. I forget which one, but someone ( much more knowledgeable than I) brought up something about how this would work and the technicalities of plain sight, etc. Without knowing the specifics of the warrant, we really can't be sure what they were able to take. If they were able to take his clothes from that night, then I wonder what they could glean from that. Lots of "ifs". Hopefully we will get some answers in the PC. I'll be out for that, so I'll be playing catch up later.

I understand, but plain sight doesn't give you a toothbrush. It gives you contraband, paraphernalia, etc.

Plus, with Metallica in town the night MH disappeared, the cabs would be all over that area. I should say, I'd doubt if this were all true but if he was a cab driver years ago, the timeline could match up. But, I think I heard somewhere that people who know the POI, don't know of him spending much time in northern virginia and the morgan harrington suspect is also linked to a sexual assault in NOVA.[/QUOTE]

I just thought somehow a cab/cabby had been somehow indicted in the MH case, creating the stir. However, if he were a cabby, he could have had a run to NOVA that his friends wouldn't be aware of. Too, there's the report of a UVA student assaulted by a cab driver: http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...-of-Attempted-Abduction-at-UVa-191954801.html

Additionally, cab drivers know geography very well. It may become very important to know when he stopped working for Yellow Taxi.

It is suspected that MH arranged a ride after being declined back into the arena on UVA campus. Or, was picked up by somebody. Or went with someone she felt she could trust. He resembles the sketch in a 2005 sexual assault case in Fairfax. The DNA from this 2005 case matches DNA found from the MH case. He lived near the area of the farm that MH's remains were located on. He is a local to cville, and knows the area well. It has been said that the person responsible for placing MH's remains, where they were found, knew the area very well. It seems quite clear that the cville area has a serial rapist/murderer within their community, and possibly more than one predator.

bbm This I am starting to believe, yet I don't know that it is who is being looked at. jmo Just doesn't feel right.

See, that physical description isn't scary to me! My husband is 6'2, 275, shaved head, beard and people never seem to be afraid of him. He's the sweetest, very out going and would help anybody. Strangers even get that vibe from him. I've felt more danger from guys who were shorter than me! Perceived threats are so relative!

So maybe she liked the protection. I really have no idea what happened, my mind goes all over the place with the different possibilities. but maybe she didn't really mind the attention. If she was drunk, and had been walking around alone (maybe lost) a friendly vibe from somebody may have felt comforting. Just my opinion from being aan 18 year old female once.

This is exactly what I think. All the people who are friends with him seem to be utterly shocked that he's a POI, everyone says he's super-friendly and nice. If he's big and she was scared, she might have felt comforted by him and it may have felt good to be walking with his arm around her waist after wandering around alone for a long time.

:seeya: Oh my goodness Thanks so much.

In regards to only this case, I would think that a former/current cabbie would add an interesting angle. If nothing else "hey I can drive you home, I am/was a cabbie and oh, you don't know how to get back to your address? I know where that is, been there plenty of times." My 18 year old self may have once thought "he is a cabbie, he is a good guy". (I know that doesn't make sense to my post 40 self, but still, just trying to explain why it is relevant to THIS case.)

Just a minor point, but JVD is one of Hanna's friends/last people to be with her on the night she disappeared. She's not a cop. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I think her statement is likely to be veracious; what reason could she have to misrepresent her knowledge or Hannah's knowledge of that neighborhood?
Point well taken, thanks for the clarification.

Can someone please remind me what Camden Plaza is on the map? Was that the party with friends?

Was that after or before the photos of her walking down a hallway? I thought the hallway photos were her apartment complex.

No, that is the place where she is seen walking down the hallway at around 9.30pm. Her parents requested that her apt address be kept private, but we do know she lived a few blocks away from the Camden Plaza apts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog