VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here, but I've been reading since the beginning. 2 thoughts I have had, the way Hannah was walking " with a purpose" reminded me of a time I was young and intoxicated and heard news that a boyfriend or someone I was involved with was out with someone else. She was walking like she was mad or on a mission, stopping at different establishments and seemed to be looking for someone. When you're emotional and drinking, logic and safety seems to go out the window. Again, just a thought. Secondly, this May gave been asked: I wonder if cops will ask for a DNA sample to possibly tie the Poi to the fairfax rape and MH. In my gut I think he's the guy.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT post JM's former addresses here. That presents a potential hazard to innocent, uninvolved third parties.

Thanks.
Sorry about that. Ignorant newbie here.
Rather than an actual address, what I was trying to get at was if it was kind known if JLM had connections through either family or a previous residence that would make him familiar with a seemingly remote area just outside of the city of Charlottesville.

Because she was last seen on a street hitchhiking I think. If I were a cabbie and saw a hitchhiker, I'd stop and if I were a hitchhiker and saw a cabbie, I'd wave to have them stop.

Except that a cabbie is out to make money, and a hitchhiker, very well doesn't have any. JMO

I'll be back for the presser (fingers-crossed I can watch it - not in the US) at 3.

SBM, and somewhat OT: If you use Chrome's browser, there's an extension called Hola that can be used to view feeds and sites that are outside your country.

Mod: please remove if against policy.

If they have the POI's DNA (which I don't believe they do) and it matched the DNA from the sexual assault and MH's case, he wouldn't be a POI, he'd be in jail.

I have scanned looking for the answer to this since I'm perpetually behind these threads, but if they have the POI's car and have removed items from his house, isn't it safe to assume they have probably found items they could retrieve his DNA from? Like his hairs from his car? Though maybe there would be no way to know for sure they are definitely his unless he gives a sample? I don't know how this works! Can they get a warrant for a POI to give a DNA sample?

Sorry about refs to another person per earlier tip discussion. Looks like they have all been wiped off the page. Apologies.

This is exactly what I think. All the people who are friends with him seem to be utterly shocked that he's a POI, everyone says he's super-friendly and nice. If he's big and she was scared, she might have felt comforted by him and it may have felt good to be walking with his arm around her waist after wandering around alone for a long time.

I'm new to this so forgive my naivete. Thinking about how this man's name has been released and posted on sites from all over the world, if it turns out he is innocent, how likely is it the police will make an announcement to that effect? Will there be a press conference to national (and global) media to clear his name? Since the chief all but dared the public/social media to out JLM, it would seem to be the least he could do.

I'm not saying he is innocent, but just have a gut feeling all may not be what it seems. I realize there is a first time for everything, but from all accounts (even that of the member here who knows him) it seems out of character for him to have harmed Hannah.

I hope someone will transcribe the LE Press conference for us. My thanks to all that can.

Half hour til presser....I have very bad feelings that this is not going to turn out well.
I am usually wrong with my opinions/speculation so I am going to keep mine to myself, however I still stand firm I do not think DBG is the perp here. I cannot help but feel he may have actually been trying to help her. Irregardless I hope that this is solved quickly and that Hannah comes home safe and alive, I NEVER give up hope fully although I get disappointed often. Praying for Hannah, her family, the police and even the BG that that they have the strength to deal with whatever life is dishing them right now. IMHO

Except that a cabbie is out to make money, and a hitchhiker, very well doesn't have any. JMO

UVA has a program where students show their ID and the cab bill is billed to their student account.

Wow...someone who went to high school with him said "quite honestly with no disrespect to LJ I can't see him being intelligent enough to pull a heinous crime like this off..."

I am not going to link this person's page, but you can get to it from the comments on LJ's facebook profile picture.

First post here, but I've been reading since the beginning. 2 thoughts I have had, the way Hannah was walking " with a purpose" reminded me of a time I was young and intoxicated and heard news that a boyfriend or someone I was involved with was out with someone else. She was walking like she was mad or on a mission, stopping at different establishments and seemed to be looking for someone. When you're emotional and drinking, logic and safety seems to go out the window. Again, just a thought. Secondly, this May gave been asked: I wonder if cops will ask for a DNA sample to possibly tie the Poi to the fairfax rape and MH. In my gut I think he's the guy.

I think she was walking fast because she was trying to find her friends which I believe were at a bar. I think she was looking for a bar due to her behavior at McGradys and because she was walking main roads. If she was looking for a house party she would be walking on the side streets.

Repost, link..

Still not clear if they are talking about two different guys, or different descriptions of the same guy, or same guy changed his appearance?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/19/missing-virginia-student/15890571/
"Witnesses saw Graham, 18, of Alexandria, Va., inside a downtown restaurant and bar early Saturday with a 32-year-old man who had been observed earlier on surveillance video tailing the sophomore, Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo said.

Before the two entered the bar, witnesses saw the man, dressed in all white, put his hands around Graham's waist. At the bar, the man bought alcohol, and he and Graham left after 15 minutes, Longo said.

"People saw Hannah, and people saw him, and people saw them together," Longo said.

Shortly after that, the man's 1998 burnt orange Chrysler coupe left the city's Downtown Mall area, a seven-block pedestrian strip lined with shops and restaurants. Longo said he believes that Graham was in that car.

>>>snip>>>

"On Thursday, police said they were looking for a different man that they described as a person of interest in the case who was seen walking with Graham on the Downtown Mall around 1:15 a.m. ET Saturday. He is in his late 20s or early 30s, black, 5-foot-10 or 5-foot-11, 250 to 285 pounds with a close-shaved head, goatee and slight belly.

At the time, he was wearing black jeans and a white T-shirt. He and Graham had started talking in the minutes before she disappeared, according to businesses' surveillance video, and it appeared that they either knew each other or the man was trying to help her, police said."

I know, and in it he looks older than the more recent photo's from his facebook. It might just be the dreads make him look different.

Oooh, I misunderstood what you meant :).

I'm new to this so forgive my naivete. Thinking about how this man's name has been released and posted on sites from all over the world, if it turns out he is innocent, how likely is it the police will make an announcement to that effect? Will there be a press conference to national (and global) media to clear his name? Since the chief all but dared the public/social media to out JLM, it would seem to be the least he could do.

I'm not saying he is innocent, but just have a gut feeling all may not be what it seems. I realize there is a first time for everything, but from all accounts (even that of the member here who knows him) it seems out of character for him to have harmed Hannah.

my thoughts exactly, I may be wrong and I take it they found something due to the way LE was speaking in the press conf but still this doesn't seem right

If HG sent a text at 1:20am saying she was lost at 14th and Wertland then I think that means she was most likely in JM's car

It does fit the timeline:
-1:05am (media says 1:08 but the video says 1:02 so I'm just saying 1:05) HG and JM walking together in front of Tuel Jewelers

2 minute walk to Tempo

-1:07 HG and JM arrive at Tempo

In Tempo for up to 15 minutes. I assume they were in there for 5 minutes minimum

-1:12 to 1:22 Leave Tempo

5 minute ride to 14th and Wertland from Tempo

-1:17 to 1:27 Arrive at 14th and Wertland

HG could have sent the text while in his car before she arrived there knowing she would be there in a few minutes
JM abducts HG or is innocent and drops her off and someone else abducts her
What's also interesting is the location in the text is the location of the party she attended at the apartments. That makes me think she may have gotten dropped off because she obviously did not know where the other party was at so she choose to get dropped off back at the original party unless of course she sent the text while in his car and he ended up abducting her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog