VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would, but then again I have nothing to hide to start with. Apparently neither did the other witness who voluntarily came forward and called police.

IMO JLM had several days to contact a lawyer. A competent lawyer would have offered to represent him immediately especially given the high profile and emotional nature of this case involving UVA and Charlottesville. Lots of free publicity and plenty of prestige amongst his law buddies.

A competent lawyer would have also advised him that it was in his best interest to voluntarily submit to police questioning, with his lawyers present, instead of making the police come looking for him with a search warrant as well.

I can only think of one reason why he didnt contact police and didnt contact a lawyer and thats because he was hoping he wouldnt be caught.

He may have something to hide, hence the actions by LE.

I was wondering that too but I've heard of them getting it off a cup or glass before after following them on surveillance before- And successfully using it to arrest a person if there's a match.
If they had a warrant for his house then it seems to me they could get it from a toothbrush? Hmmmm?

No, you don't get a warrant to search the whole house and take whatever you want. The warrant is issued looking for specific things that would be connected with a crime. A toothbrush generally wouldn't be one of those things.

There was a lot of discussion about LE possibly seeing something in the car to develop the additional search warrants. According to this, that is not how it happened. Hope this helps clarify.

"The first warrant was a search and seizure warrant for a vehicle that was executed shortly after midnight. When police arrived at the apartment building and seized the car, a person connected to the car was in his apartment with two others. Police identified those individuals, but the officer did not feel he had the grounds to detain the individuals, Longo said.

After seizing the car and taking it to an undisclosed location for the full search, investigators developed probable cause and sought approvals for the two other warrants. Police arrived back at the apartment shortly after 10 a.m. and the three individuals were no longer inside, Longo said."

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com...search-for-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/

So, where is JM now? Does LE know or is he in hiding?

I haven't seen any evidence that LE has spoken to him more than during the initial seizure of the car, or that he's lawyered up.

Ok so from the above information is it wrong to assume that they may have found evidence of Hannah being in his car?

LE can be very intimidating sometimes. One night I had the FBI (the FBI!!) charge up to my house with strobe lights and all (on our dark, private street), asking me questions about my husband, who was out of town on a hunting trip. They would NOT tell me why they were asking me this stuff, although I repeatedly asked why. I was terrified but I cooperated (never even thought of calling a lawyer), and they finally did tell me that he had witnessed a huge bank robbery earlier in the day in Reno.

OTOH, if they are on an urgent manhunt, waiting for a person to call a lawyer before answering any questions could sure delay their progress.

and answering questions withut a lawyer could mean that you could go to prison for a lifetime for a crime you didn't commit. just ask marty tankleff; LE lied to him, saying that his father, lying on his deathbed, said that marty killed him. since marty's father never lied to him, marty doubted his own sanity and said 'well i guess if he said i did....' BAM. prison for life. luckily maryt worked on his own case for decades and managed to get out.
people are allowed to ask for a lawyer present for a reason.
you weren't on surveillance and a POI in an investigation. you aren't a black dude with knowledge of how LE often treats his people. obviously it is more complicated than you are making it out to be. i'm sick of clarifying things for people over and over. for many individuals, speaking to LE without a lawyer was the biggest mistake of their lives. LE is allowed to lie to you!!! they have TREMENDOUS power and sometimes do not use it wisely. you do not want to be speaking off the cuff with them. you just don't. what you say will be used against you forever.

Nothing illegal about having her in his car with him so leaving with him alone will not make him a suspect. There needs to be evidence of a crime. I believe that the police obtained a warrant for the car first and, based upon what they found, they obtained a warrant for the apartment. We don't know what else they have, additional video? Long story short, I do not believe that LE would take the steps that they have taken unless they have evidence that she left with him.

I totally agree with that...

Nothing illegal about having her in his car with him so leaving with him alone will not make him a suspect. There needs to be evidence of a crime. I believe that the police obtained a warrant for the car first and, based upon what they found, they obtained a warrant for the apartment. We don't know what else they have, additional video? Long story short, I do not believe that LE would take the steps that they have taken unless they have evidence that she left with him.

MY point was only that if he has directly lied to LE then, yes they would tend to be suspicious. I said nothing about it being illegal to be with him. JMO

Looks like the Morgan Harrington suspect.

But why is the taxi important?

I don't know why the taxi is important except he used to drive one. I was using the taxi reference just to associate it with that picture of him.

Yes you are right. My post was not clear because my head is not clear today. I see what you mean. Sorry wonder if they got a warrant to collect his DNA? I also wonder what they found in his car and residence to lead the to call him a POI.
I don't think they have gotten his DNA yet. I'm extremely curious about what they found in his car, too!

Ok so from the above information is it wrong to assume that they may have found evidence of Hannah being in his car?

That seems a logical inference, and I guess we can assume anything we like really. But that doesn't mean we'll be correct. LOL.

I'm so frustrated wanting additional official information.

Looks like the Morgan Harrington suspect.

Really? I've read this elsewhere, I don't see any resemblance, maybe I need to look at more photos...
DNA will tell anyway.

I know I need new glasses but is this guy Benjamin Button? He looks like he's getting younger over the years in photos I've seen.

The photo of him with the yellow cab is old.

I'm wondering what she was looking for after crossing the street. She stops and it looks as though she bends down looking on the ground. Are their bushes on the corner? Maybe she threw up?
I watched that section of the video bout six times this morning and paid close attention to the different groups of patrons and passersby. At one point I began to see that almost each group made concerted efforts to view in the direction of where HG went... whatever was going on off camera caught the attention of the group of three on the patio...and even the guys further to the corner of the patio. I'd love to know what was so curious about where HG went or what she was doing or saying, etc.

Wow 408 browsing this thread... so many guests....
Seems I leave a post and when I come back there's a new thread.
Yet, nothing really new as evident by the news thread that's rather small:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Media-Maps-Photos-etc-**NO-DISCUSSION**/page2

My thoughts - the POI is a big guy, what is he 6 + and 270 lbs! Wow, one scary dude - would you get in a car with him?
But if he seemed okay, she might have wanted to walk with him, feeling protected... but then she's left out in the open.. so that doesn't make sense...

Okay, see you next thread... ha!

I don't think his size alone would have scared me if I was tired and scared already and he looked familiar. It might have been welcome. My husband is a former football player and quite big, and unless he's being intentionally intimidating, people experience him as a gentle giant.

The photo of him with the yellow cab is old.

I know, and in it he looks older than the more recent photo's from his facebook. It might just be the dreads make him look different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966