VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to HG appearing to be looking for someone at the pub. Then she walks down the mall. JM makes a u turn and walks faster to catch up with her. JM puts his arm around her waist. That is the part that confuses me. If she did not know him, I think she would have pulled back. If she knew him, he puts his arm around her waist and maybe says, dang HG where you been? Dang HG you sporting tonight or anything friendly. I just can't get past her not pulling away if he was a stranger. They meet up and go directly to the tempo for a drink. That just feels to me she knew him. She went from walking with a purpose to having a drink.

It may have been a false sense of comfort. When I was in college, I met four strange guys on the street while I was walking by myself to a party (albeit they very much so looked like college students and were on campus). They ended up being my best friends in the world. But looking back, I see how stupid it was of me to continue talking to them and walking with them. They were looking for a party and I knew of one so I took them with me. Most college kids just aren't of the mindset that something bad could happen to them. I felt safer at college with all the people around than I did at my parents house alone at night.

I keep going back to HG appearing to be looking for someone at the pub. Then she walks down the mall. JM makes a u turn and walks faster to catch up with her. JM puts his arm around her waist. That is the part that confuses me. If she did not know him, I think she would have pulled back. If she knew him, he puts his arm around her waist and maybe says, dang HG where you been? Dang HG you sporting tonight or anything friendly. I just can't get past her not pulling away if he was a stranger. They meet up and go directly to the tempo for a drink. That just feels to me she knew him. She went from walking with a purpose to having a drink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what she was looking for after crossing the street. She stops and it looks as though she bends down looking on the ground. Are their bushes on the corner? Maybe she threw up?

Our long time WSer who has a mutual friend who knows JM well asked the friend about the taxi thing because of the article from awhile back showing / naming him with the taxi.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10984990#post10984990

Unless I missed it, I don't believe she'd gotten clarification if that had been going on presently or not.

(And she also is getting verified as an insider it sounds like)

http://www.readthehook.com/81206/my-ride-jessie-mathew-1998-grand-marquis

From the UVA PD Crime Reports: Pay close attention to September 14th. It says that the female student was sexually assaulted in the early morning hours of September 13th. That is the same night that Hannah disappeared.
http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/safety.html

Maybe not enough coffee yet, but the way I read this is Hannah disappeared overnight Friday (9/12) in the early morning hours, which would be Saturday (9/13). The "unrelated" assault occured in the early morning hours of Sunday, the 14th, making it overnight Saturday night.

Quoting the crime report: "The first incident involves a female U.Va. student who reported being sexually assaulted near Wertland Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 14.

The second incident is believed to have occurred in the 200 block of 15th Street NW during the early morning hours of Sept. 15, where police discovered an unconscious female who is a local resident. The circumstances regarding her injuries are unclear and are being investigated as a possible sexual assault..."

JMO

Another thing, if this guy is a cab driver, he has had PLENTY of opportunities and access to young, intoxicated females. Wouldn't he have been tempted by a rider at some point if he were a cold blooded sadist? Makes me think maybe HG accidentally overdosed and he disposed or maybe he didn't do it. Or maybe he did. I wish I knew!!

The videos were not very clear to me, lol. And WM said she seemed "distressed" but not seeing a lot of others saying that. If he is honest, he had a much better view. The breaking into a run was a bit odd to me. Jmo most people don't just break into a run and then drop back to walking, as a rule, unless exercising. Especially if lost...you would think she would be busy checking for landmarks, harder to do when running. But I could not tell much of anything from what I saw.
I'm new here and just started posting yesterday, so I haven't analyzed clues the way most of you have. However, having lived on both 14th Street and on Preston during my time as an undergrad at UVa, I find it hard to believe that she was lost when she was running. The time between being seen on the pub video footage and the Shell station footage, HG would have to know she was leaving the university area and headed towards downtown. It's not an area where people would be out and about or businesses open after midnight. It passes under railroad tracks at one section. She was likely running to get to her destination (the downtown mall) more quickly and away from an area where there weren't many people out. If she were lost, she would have known she was going in the WRONG direction and would not have gone all the way across the tracks into the downtown mall.

Just my opinion, but I think she was headed to the mall to look for somebody at a bar, somebody who wasn't at the pub as she had hoped.

Good morning :)

I'm curious as to why a couple of journalists (Parker S & Cory Barefoot), who've been all over this case, have gone silent since yesterday afternoon - Cory Barefoot even mentioned he was frantically (paraphrasing) working on an update (possibly on Twitter, I'm having trouble keeping up) that doesn't seem to have appeared.

Also nothing from LE. And apart from the shameful ratings grab by Fox5 with that interview last night, all other msm outlets have gone quiet too.

People keep saying that RLM Jr only had some traffic citations. It's true that in Albemarle he had only 15 traffic offenses but he Charlottesville he had three serious charges. Two were nolle'd and one was appealed and went up to the circuit court.

GC09005874-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEORY; JR 04/22/2010 01:00 PM ASSAULT: (MISDEMEANOR)
GC09005873-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEORY; JR. 04/22/2010 01:00 PM ATTEMPT - GRND LARCENY: $200+ NOT PERSON
Both occurred on 6/4/2009 both were nolle'd
Note the dyslexic typo on both those charges but it is him DOB 12/14

and this in 2010 which was appealed up to the circuit court on 4/30/2010
GC10001889-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEROY; JR 04/22/2010 01:00 PM TRESPASS AFTER FORBIDDEN
he was listed as living in Keswick, VA at time of incident 3/17/2010 (That's St Patty's Day, right?)
at circuit court level:
CaseNumber Defendant Charge Hear Date Status
CR10000129-01 MATTHEW, JESSE LEROY; JR TRESPASS AFTER FORBIDDEN08/12/2010Trial - Judge With Witness
The appeal was withdrawn in August 2010 he was found guilty and paid fines and fees.
the rest of the charges in C-ville were 7 traffic offenses
adding these two with the 12/14 DOB and typo of MatthewS
GT04005868-00 MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY; JR 08/05/2004 12:00 AM FAIL TO OBEY TRAFFIC SIGNAL
GT14000741-00 MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY; JR 02/06/2014 10:30 AM 39/25 SP

So it is more than just traffic infractions.
Thanks so much for this!

Just as a general note for non-VA folks, VA has independent cities. So while a city (like Charlottesville) may be geographically within a county, it is considered separate from the county - different government, courts, police, schools, etc.

Some good info about knowing correct jurisdiction in VA:

http://www.pettitcompany.com/html/va_cities_and_counties.html

I will be shocked if this is not our guy. I find it surprising that everyone here seemed so believe so as well until they found out he was an "upstanding guy" in my opinion that means nothing. Seemingly good people are still capable of terrible things. Either way, I hope we find out soon!

Good morning :)

I'm curious as to why a couple of journalists (Parker S & Cory Barefoot), who've been all over this case, have gone silent since yesterday afternoon - Cory Barefoot even mentioned he was frantically (paraphrasing) working on an update (possibly on Twitter, I'm having trouble keeping up) that doesn't seem to have appeared.

Also nothing from LE. And apart from the shameful ratings grab by Fox5 with that interview last night, all other msm outlets have gone quiet too.

JMO It's Sunday.

Has it been reported where the searchers will be today? All I've seen is that it was to start around 8 am.

I just don't think the sexual assaults are related to Hannah's situation. The sex assaults were blitz type attacks where the victims were left in place. To me, it seems obvious that Hannah was abducted and taken elsewhere. Since Hannah happened BEFORE the sex assaults, it would be difficult to believe that if the same person were responsible for all three incidents that he would de-escalate his modus operandi. Normally a killer graduates to murder after lesser crimes.

Maybe not enough coffee yet, but the way I read this is Hannah disappeared overnight Friday (9/12) in the early morning hours, which would be Saturday (9/13). The "unrelated" assault occured in the early morning hours of Sunday, the 14th, making it overnight Saturday night.

Quoting the crime report: "The first incident involves a female U.Va. student who reported being sexually assaulted near Wertland Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 14.

The second incident is believed to have occurred in the 200 block of 15th Street NW during the early morning hours of Sept. 15, where police discovered an unconscious female who is a local resident. The circumstances regarding her injuries are unclear and are being investigated as a possible sexual assault..."

JMO

Another thing, if this guy is a cab driver, he has had PLENTY of opportunities and access to young, intoxicated females. Wouldn't he have been tempted by a rider at some point if he were a cold blooded sadist? Makes me think maybe HG accidentally overdosed and he disposed or maybe he didn't do it. Or maybe he did. I wish I knew!!

I really do not think this guy is still a cab driver. I believe he used to be based on that link (even though his name is spelled wrong), but that is an old article. Did he prey on young women when he WAS a cab driver? Maybe; probably not.

I also do not believe he's using his current copper/orange/bronze colored car as an "informal" taxi cab service. There's been nothing at all to indicate this is the case.

The phone thing has me baffled. I listen to a scanner, local le & fire. I hear dispatch tell a patrol cop to check on a 911 hang up from a cell phone at the corner of east and main, a cell phone. Yet they can't triangulate her phone. Batteries out? in the water? I wonder what is heard when calling her phone. Has it been said that her phone is not responding? idk jmo

She has an iphone. Apple knows exactly where that phone had been until the battery died.

That's exactly one of the reasons why I think the police know even more than they are saying. They said she texted that she was on one street, when in fact she was on a different one. I thought the pings only gave a parameter.

It makes me wonder if they have access to her apple information, and can really see where she went. i.e. wifirouters the phone is trying to connect with as she walks passed etc.

I never have used google maps for walking, but I do in the car. Maybe it was hard for her to figure out that she was walking the wrong way and taking wrong turns until she went about a block on foot (which is easy to do in a car, when your phone indicates you are going the wrong way and then reroutes you) Perhaps thats why you see her running one way, then another, and then back again. She is looking at her phone, and has to cover a small amount of distance before the app can register that she is going the right or wrong way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to comment on this, I totally agree. There are a couple of pieces missing from all this, and thinking that if the police have her computer, there will be some answers. It is possible that Hannah had things going on that her friends knew nothing about. When I was 18 that would have been impossible, but with the internet and everything, it is not. I know everyone is different, but when I drank like that, there was no way I was running all over the place, I would hit the ground and there I would lay. The one tape of Hannah, I believe she is going down the hall of an apartment sticks in my head. My take, IMO, is she looks like she is on a manic episode from being bipolar. Exhibiting risky behavior, and maniac in her movements. This is just something I have been wondering for awhile, and not saying she has this.

Who said that she was extremely intoxicated in the first place? Her friends? I just think of extremely intoxicated as falling-down-drunk. She sure covered a lot of ground running without falling, per videos..........JMO

Seriously, People carry their cell phones in their hands and those people are not killed daily for phones. If I tuck a phone in my pants it is safer there then in my purse that is hanging/dangling off of my shoulder, seriously.

I never said people were killed daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21