VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So stoic (English reserve) but so obviously grief stricken.

this is driving me too crazy. we clearly aren't being told everything by LE, and who knows what is and isn't the truth. i desperately hope that there is tons more video footage to be recovered, from different points around town. hannah could have been in the POI's car and dropped off somewhere. there are so many possibilities. i know LE said they didn't have tunnel vision----i pray this is actually the truth.

John & Susan Graham speak on behalf of their daughter. Dad speaks with English accent, introduces self & wife, she has big brother James & grandparents. Overwhelmed by generosity, 1000 + volunteers looking/searching, they have searched - friends & neighbors too - efforts wider - armies of University friends and man from Baltimore, MD came. Parents feel overwhelmed by the support for Hanna - thank you. This is every parent's worst nightmare - everyone knows it could happen to their loved ones. You have all read about her, university student, musician, skiier, softball player likes to help people. She spent week in Tuscalosca helping rebuild. She's oldest granddaughter, enormously precious to all. Paternal graparents are an ocean away. Somebody knows what happened to her (Mom is tearing up right now).

We know she was downtown early Sat. morning, distinctively dressed - did any one see her? please no matter how significant - please call the tipline. Family received countless messages of support - read from one of her highschool teachers. Expressing hope & confidence, countless people who lives were touched by her because she is brilliant, resiliant, determined and loves life more than anyone they know. We are one moment closer (each minute) to having her back.

They show her favorite white Rabbit "Bee-bee", her constant companion except 6 mo when she 3 y/o lost @ the nursery - finally found & brought home to Hannah - Let's bring her home.

Exactly!

They need to stop saying they believe Hannah got in the car with Matthew UNTIL they get forensic evidence that she was in the car! They don't have that apparently!
I would disagree that he has an anger management problem... He's a passionate individual who no doubt is the closest to this investigation and the emotion of it. JM tearing through Albemarle doesn't look good for him. I think Longo knew exactly what he was doing. He is a smart man who chooses his words carefully... I would take this to mean they strongly believe and have some evidence that she was in the vehicle and that he is involved.

As far as JM coming to the police station but didn't say much if anything... Then left

You can hear the mom crying horribly after she leaves the room. Oh that was hard to hear....

Sorry but this was NOT a good Press Conference. I could see POI trying to get Al Sharpton on his side and turning this into a circus. I would have liked a little more information/proof before mentioning this POI by name in the press conference. I also don't think the Angry Press Conferences are a Positive thing.

I'm thinking Longo's behavior analysis folks are telling him that whomever is responsible for Hannah's disappearance is most likely to crack, stumble, or do something foolish if under intense media scrutiny.

I know we all want more info. They have a system to how they need to encounter what has happened. It is likely that they decided that this would reach out in the most appropriate way for their benefit, not ours. They are speaking to someone and they want them to know some things, I really do feel that this is their mission, not giving us facts. Just my opinion.
Sorry but this was NOT a good Press Conference. I could see POI trying to get Al Sharpton on his side and turning this into a circus. I would have liked a little more information/proof before mentioning this POI by name in the press conference. I also don't think the Angry Press Conferences are a Positive thing.

John & Susan Graham speak on behalf of their daughter. Dad speaks with English accent, introduces self & wife, she has big brother James & grandparents. Overwhelmed by generosity, 1000 + volunteers looking/searching, they have searched - friends & neighbors too - efforts wider - armies of University friends and man from Baltimore, MD came. Parents feel overwhelmed by the support for Hanna - thank you. This is every parent's worst nightmare - everyone knows it could happen to their loved ones. You have all read about her, university student, musician, skiier, softball player likes to help people. She spent week in Tuscalosca helping rebuild. She's oldest granddaughter, enormously precious to all. Paternal graparents are an ocean away. Somebody knows what happened to her (Mom is tearing up right now).

We know she was downtown early Sat. morning, distinctively dressed - did any one see her? please no matter how significant - please call the tipline. Family received countless messages of support - read from one of her highschool teachers. Expressing hope & confidence, countless people who lives were touched by her because she is brilliant, resiliant, determined and loves life more than anyone they know. We are one moment closer (each minute) to having her back.

They show her favorite white Rabbit "Bee-bee", her constant companion except 6 mo when she 3 y/o lost @ the nursery - finally found & brought home to Hannah - Let's bring her home.

Perhaps they are trying to appeal to the POI's Mom and Grandmother.

You can hear the mom crying horribly after she leaves the room. Oh that was hard to hear....

Between that and her snuggling Hannah's lovey/stuffed animal I am sitting here sobbing. Time for me to put myself on a time out.

Not excuses. Just affirmation of a lack of evidence. Police have all but said THIS IS OUR GUY without having any forensic or eyewitness testimony that she got in his car with him! You want Matthew to talk to the police when in his mind they've already convicted him?

There are a lot of excuses being made for JM, but he's acting like a guilty person.

If you act like this, Police will think you are guilty 100% of the time.

He is like the husband that was last with his (dead) wife - that refuses to speak to the Police and then leaves town, after telling them he would speak to them and skipping out on the appointment and the town.
I do not think it was a planned evacuation of that apartment either.

The hyper-technical arguments are because people don't want to see this guy as a suspect.

Remember, occam's razor, and then tell why Police shouldn't be interested in the guy that wouldn't speak to Search teams or Tip Lines, and now refuses to speak to Police - the guy that was buying her drinks and had his hands on her, and was the last one to see her.

'

I'm thinking Longo's behavior analysis folks are telling him that whomever is responsible for Hannah's disappearance is most likely to crack, stumble, or do something foolish if under intense media scrutiny.
I also think the BAU helped with the Dad's statement.

Poor Mom must have wanted to stay strong for the PC. Bless her heart, she made it through. And then lost it in the next room. Ohhhhh I just cant even take this.

I would disagree that he has an anger management problem... He's a passionate individual who no doubt is the closest to this investigation and the emotion of it. JM tearing through Albemarle doesn't look good for him. I think Longo knew exactly what he was doing. He is a smart man who chooses his words carefully... I would take this to mean they strongly believe and have some evidence that she was in the vehicle and that he is involved.

As far as JM coming to the police station but didn't say much if anything... Then left

people need to stop focusing on how things 'look' and more on how things ARE and the EVIDENCE. people behave differently. i imagine some people would go batshit crazy if they were considered a POI and behave in ways one might see as 'guilty.' but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

i am waiting to see what LE has. i don't blindly put faith in them. i know about too many botched cases to do that.

If they have confirmation somehow of them together after Tempo, why the big public appeal for eyewitnesses who saw them together after Tempo? It would seem redundant to information or evidence they have.

I will have to rewatch the presser but I thought in the beginning, he said there was NO video after they left Tempo. Then at the end of the presser, there IS video after leaving Tempo? I will have to rewatch before commenting further...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie