VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, an intoxicated person would not have a reason to distrust a cab driver to get them where they were going. A student may trust a university person who probably has UVA ID. I also found it ironic how much he changed his hair from the time he was a cab driver with a goatee/short hair to now having mega dreadlocks/braids. JMO

Cab drivers drive cabs, not beat up orange chryslers. And he was a cab driver 7 years ago when Hannah was 11.

I have.

He obviously can't afford a lawyer so he asked to have a court appointed lawyer and I'm guessing that is who he spoke with. Some people would love to just 'go get a lawyer' but lawyers don't work unless you pay them.

Everyone that is ever interviewed by police should request a lawyer, whether guilty or innocent. There are so many cases where innocent people confessed to crimes they did not commit, or had their words twisted, and ended up in jail for a very long time.

He probably spoke to a public defender who told him that since he is not charged with any crime that he should just keep his mouth shut. That is what any good lawyer would say, no doubt about it.

And even if he was charged the lawyer would still tell him not to speak.

I do not believe that you are entitled to court appointed counsel unless and until you have been arrested and charged with a crime. You are free to have your own lawyer accompany you when you are voluntarily being questioned by the police, but not on the state's dime...unless and until there is custodial interrogation (ie, you are no longer free to leave, and you are being actively questioned). That is the moment Miranda rights attach. The police gave him the names of some lawyers or put him in touch with one, but that individual lawyer may or may not have been retained by JM on this matter. Chief Longo said he didn't know what transpired between the two. JMO

Again, I am fairly certain you can't go into a police station and demand a court appoint attorney. Public defenders are appointed at the arraignment stage. Now, if Longo stated in the press conference that "they found him one", we'll, I'm stumped.

If it was an attorney in private practice that the police called in for him, it could be that JM quickly realized he couldn't afford this person, and that he couldn't talk to the police until he figured out a way to come up with the money.

Friendly reminder, that when you click on LinkedIn Profiles, and you have an account there... you risk exposing your profile to the person you clicked on. They will be alerted to your profile visiting theirs. This is also dependent on privacy settings, and also membership settings.

I made sure I was logged out.

And who says he doesn't want to? You can want to, and still want to protect yourself.

Protect yourself by all means. But he is not helping the investigation and at the moment all leads point to him. If he is indeed innocent then he needs to talk to help police move on with their investigation and find Hannah. While he's stalling he's hindering the investigation.

For the person wondering if a car in that condition would be allowed on the roads in Virginia, it probably would.

We have annual state inspections of all vehicles here. As long as the automobile passes the state inspection, then it is usually allowed on the road.

I've never heard of someone going to a police station to ask for a lawyer. There has to be more to that.

This theory is a long-shot, BUT could JM have gone to the police station because he wants an accomplice to believe he already spilled what he knows to LE?

Perhaps JM has no intention of saying anything to LE, to avoid incriminating himself. However, if JM believes someone wants to silence him, then he may have wanted to put forth the appearance of having already cooperated. He may have felt that in some way would protect him.

If that is the case, then Longo's declaration that JM told them nothing defeated the original purpose of the visit.

For me, the Chief is taunting Matthew, so eventually he will get so angry, he will make a mistake, or get so angry and scared, that if other people are involved, he will tell the police everything he knows. The chief seems like he has a personal vendetta against Matthew. By now you would think someone who knows Matthew would come out and say, yeah, he is creepy, yeah, he is strange and I don't trust him. But so far to my knowledge, nobody has, people think he is a nice guy, etc.

His friends and acquaintances might be scared.

But if they have video, why do they need an eye-witness?

They are looking for witnesses who saw them/the car after it left the area and perhaps later that night, in other areas so they can construct a trail....to find Hannah or any type of evidence that may have been left in another area or specific place. They can then also narrow down areas to obtain further video from businesses or homes that the car may have passed.

Absolutely need a warrant as the public has a general, reasonable expectation of privacy when it comes to where they drive to and from. Any actual attorneys, if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not an attorney, but in one of the pressers or msm reports, it was announced that there was a couple of warrants that have yet to be executed on JM. Imo, a covert gps device may have been installed when LE had possession of the vehicle.

Actually a co-worker said he had a rep as being kind of creepy with the ladies and issues with personal space. I read it this morning so I suppose it was in the previous thread.
Thank-you I didn't see that.

Protect yourself by all means. But he is not helping the investigation and at the moment all leads point to him. If he is indeed innocent then he needs to talk to help police move on with their investigation and find Hannah. While he's stalling he's hindering the investigation.

He needs to listen to his lawyer is what he needs to do.

I think the lawyer, whoever he/she is, simply asked LE if they had any evidence to hold him on and when told no, advised JM not to speak until/unless they do.

JM might be "indirectly" involved in that there might be other players and/or activities that caused HG to "disappear". I don't believe he walked into the PD and asked for a lawyer, as I feel they were questioning him or engaging in conversation outside of the interview room . There might have been a point where he felt he might incriminate himself or say something that can be misconstrued and used against him, thus he asked for a lawyer. First thing any lawyer tells their client is to not say anything without him being present...period. Let's see what forensics have to say with the results from the apt. and car. There better be something or the investigation takes a step backwards,imo.

I would really like to know if they started to talk with him at all before he asked for a lawyer. Was he fishing to see what they knew? Did he come down to talk and then realized he is suspect #1 and was in trouble?

Why I reference a police officer as suspect in both Harrington & Graham cases:

Back during the Morgan Harrington investigation there was internal police discussion of extending the search area for Morgan outside the city limits of Charlottesville. Shortly thereafter, Morgan's "Pantera" t-shirt is discovered draped over a bush outside an apartment complex well within the city limits. Some have speculated that this was done to delay an expanded search and keep the focus within the city limits. Thus it is speculated that whoever planted Morgan's t-shirt MUST have been privy to internal police discussion. Then lo and behold, "Sketch's" DNA is found on Morgan's t-shirt. I have never believed that "Sketch" was responsible for Morgan Harrington. I believe his DNA was planted on Morgan's t-shirt.

Fast forward to Hannah Graham. We have mysterious White Guy and his odd behavior. He lies in wait and follows Hannah. He gives a false description of black guy, even though black guy had to pass right by him to catch up to Hannah! There's nothing on video to suggest WG ever stopped following Hannah.

Now here's the kicker! The RETURN OF SKETCH! Oh yes, after 5 years in hiding we have a "sighting" of "Sketch" prowling the campus of Washington & Lee University! When was this info released? 2 days after Hannah Graham went missing! When was Sketch seen? Two weeks prior. Plenty of time for Sketch to leave that area and begin prowling UVA. It is my belief that Sketch was "reintroduced" back into the mix 2 days after Hannah disappeared to once again throw police off the trail of a killer. Just as he was "introduced" in the Morgan Harrington case. I'll bet you the sighting of Sketch was made anonymously. :)

Who IS WG? What was he doing alone at the Plaza late at night acting like a stalker?
Is Jesse Matthew under Federal protection at the police station? The bizarre story of his fleeing just a ruse? Why didn't police give the public a description of the vehicle Jesse was feeing in? Why weren't there any reporters at the police station who could confirm Jesse showing up there?
Is WG the REAL subject of this investigation?
Are police, under guidance of the FBI, carefully crafting a production to catch a wily, sinister serial killer?

The theory that a police officer is responsible for Hannah's disappearance because of facts in Morgan's disappearance can be discarded. The theory that a police officer deposited DNA on Morgan's shirt in order to frame the 2005 suspect can be discarded because DNA matching the 2005 suspect was found on Morgan's body.

"While they raise awareness, the Murphys and Harringtons also want answers. DNA found on Morgan's body matched an open sexual assault case in Fairfax County, but the man's identity remains unknown."

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...n-Forces-to-Save-the-Next-Girl-228257121.html

I think if the police would have gone to his house at a normal time of day (instead of 5:45am in the morning AFTER they had taken his car), he would have spoken. If 1-2 officers would have knocked on his door at 4pm, after he was home from work relaxing and said "we saw some video of you and a missing girl", I think he would have cooperated
If police barge into my house at 5:45am, after taking may car . . . . and now I have to call work and say I can't come in, I don't think I would be very cooperative. Especially, once the police say they have a search warrant and I have to leave my house. I would be scared beyond belief (even if I were innocent) . . . . .<modsnip>. ( I am really a middle-aged white woman, who knows Coach Matthew).
I agree with you and I don't know him. I think if they had found something significant in his car or apartment they would have been able to arrest him on something. I don't know if he is involved, but if he's innocent he probably feels like he's being railroaded. I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the injustice that happened to the Duke lacrosse players.

My understanding is that they DID NOT try to speak to him before seizing his car and entering his home with the warrant. I've heard that his first encounter with police was when he was woken-up at 5:45am, being told his car was being taken and his apartment was going to be searched.
something that confuses me (one of many !)

if they got a warrant to his car & house, how come they didn't bring him in for questioning?
is someone else connected to the car and the pressure's on Jessie to reveal who was using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove