VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Respectfully snipped]

On another note and likely unrelated, isn't World Bank the thing college students hate? That they protest every year?

WOW, that is a very interesting connection to draw! Of course, if she had been kidnapped with hope of ransom because of her father's connection to the World Bank/international banking, etc., one would think we'd have heard about that by now. Still, it's a very interesting point.

When does the letter of the law trump a moral compass? In a criminal investigation? Always. If you break the law in a criminal investigation, you risk losing your suspect altogether. And then that suspect is free to harm other people.

But if a law is just, fair, and right.... Then it is moral, too... And it (in a perfect world) would not be broken...

:scale:

NEW car payments are 300-500 a month. You can still buy a decent used car for less than half of that even with bad credit in many places.

It matters because JLM's car and his living situation is not something you would expect from a responsible 33 year old man who has his crap together and his trying to better himself.

Ive seen 22 year olds who make less and have it more together than this guy...and IMO theres got to be an underlying reason for that.
Wow. It's disheartening to learn that so many people judge your character by the car you drive and where you live.

I really don't see the problem with his job or living arrangements or car for that matter.

Some people don't care what their car looks like as long as it gets them from point A to point B.

He is a single guy who lives with 2 roommates. There is absolutely nothing abnormal about that. In fact it is so normal I could spit.

I guess it's damned if you do or damned if you don't.

Heck 1/3 of all Americans collect some form of Welfare so you bet your bottom dollar plenty of people on this website are included.

And this man seems to be taking care of himself, and volunteering to coach kids football and he is still the villain.

I am not convinced he is guilty or innocent either way but if you look at the big picture he as more in his favor than against.

So far all I see is some unpaid bills (again very normal) and he seems to be a bad driver. Bad driver does not equal murderer IMO. If so then I am guilty as charged.

Maybe some of you posters here are more well off but hey, Jesus was a carpenter....er sumthin.

Your front bumper is falling off (or partially torn off) and you are buying drinks for strangers?

Huh?

I didnt say I thought it was a good idea but Ive known many in my time as a bartender who could care less about things like that.

Even though logically a bumper missing increases the chance of being pulled over while drunk by the police. ...even though many have debts and bills piling up unopened..........even when their personal life is a complete wreck, they'll still come in and drop money the dont have.

There seems to be a partial disconnection from reality that occurs with drug and substance abuse and Im seeing something very similar with JLM.

I believe that several of those who know him, personally, have commented that he was in the process of turning his life around and trying to get things together. Moving onto the right track. So, maybe he was saving up money for a better car. Who knows? We are a group of speculators here -- nothing more, as far as I can tell.

Looking at JM, Sr.'s list of interactions with the law (wasn't sleuthing Sr. -- they just came up when we were sleuthing Jr.), I have a hunch this guy had a pretty rough start in life. From the comments that I have seen on FB from those who know him from HS, etc., there is a sense that he is a bit "slow" (their word, not mine). Maybe the UVA hospital job was/is his first job with benefits...if it is even full time. A lot of those positions are not. They may have 1-2 full timers and fill the rest of the positions with part timers or PRN staff.

I'm not sure I'd be judging him based upon his car or what he can or cannot afford -- but that's just me. There but for the grace of God go any of us, after all.

I have students who are very involved with homeless outreach and the kids will regularly come back to school on Monday and remark about the highly educated homeless people out there who -- due to just one bad event -- are now living on the street. Their eyes have been opened to the fact that so many in this country live just 1-2 paychecks away from poverty or the financial abyss and just how fragile that balance is.

Poverty isn't a crime.

NEW car payments are 300-500 a month. You can still buy a decent used car for less than half of that even with bad credit in many places.

It matters because JLM's car and his living situation is not something you would expect from a responsible 33 year old man who has his crap together and is trying to better himself and his situation.

Ive seen 22 year olds who make less and have it more together than this guy...and IMO theres got to be an underlying reason for that.

There seems to be a partial disconnection from reality that occurs with drug and substance abuse and Im seeing something very similar with JLM.

Could you elaborate on how you determined that JLM is experiencing something similar to a disconnect from reality that occurs with drug and substance abuse?

Anyone who has knowledge:

I'm pretty sure LE only speculates that he was parked somewhere on 4th? Although, now I've read that they do indeed have footage of that car leaving? So that confuses me.

My main question though, is anyone familiar with the area enough to know how parking is down there? Was he most likely in a garage, on street parking, in a lot? Also it's hard to tell on maps exactly where these areas would be, so if anyone could shed some light I'd appreciate it.

And along those lines, what it's like between 12:30-1:30-ish am in terms of it's feasible to park or difficult or a total craps shoot and not real consistent even on a weekend, etc.?

It's Grady not Rugby but yes otherwise you and I are on the same page. I must have been doodling on the maps as you were typing your post. Great minds think alike :D

Grady is weird. It runs in front of the bar and then merges with Preston. But that little side street between McGrady's and the car place is ALSO Grady which makes no sense but...yeah.

Here is what I meant about Rugby... It's almost as bad as Grady, but Grady seems even more weird.:

Rugby.jpg

I do think all the Gradys caused even more confusion. I think she took Preston, and was on the other side of the street, which eventually changed into a divided highway. None of the streets were numbered, and my guess is that maybe prior to reaching Shell,
she turned around and went on the otherside of Preston and hit McGradys Irish Pub, and then for whatever reason, she turned around and went back the wrong way down Preston.

I wish they gave more information about her encounter with the bouncer. They just state she was denied entry.

Did she just try to get in so she could use the bathroom? Did she ask for directions? The description of her encounter there seems really vague. The way those guys were oogling, You would think she was doing cartwheels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custodial_interrogation

Here is a VERY relevant article that I recommend all those who are interested to read. I will quote the parts I think are the most relevant but really the whole article is.
http://ajrarchive.org/article.asp?id=4042

And I think that explains it all for me.

I doubt we will hear any more from JLM unless he is charged with a crime.
I know that sometimes, LE will name someone a person of interest when they just want to talk to them because they think that person has information. However, usually it's an anonymous person who may have witnessed something. FWIW. IMO.

I have read an awful lot of excuses for why this 32 year old man is doing everything he can to avoid providing information about his interactions with a young girl that went missing on the night he befriended her. Now, he doesn't read the newspapers, doesn't see newspapers, doesn't turn on the radio, doesn't turn on the TV and is simply able to completely avoid all news in this technology crazy world where news comes through loud and clear through nearly every electronic device we own.

But he did keep a very active FB page and must have competent computer skills or tech phone skills. Somehow I don't think he was out of the loop.
(I wonder if LE retrieved electronics from the apartment?) BTW, in the mall restaurant video it looks to me like he is holding a phone in his right hand. Something about the angle of his arm. One of the women and WG clearly have cellphones actively in use that night.

I think if this case goes unsolved that certain members of this LE team with have majorly damaged egos.

It is difficult on a force to have so many unsolved crimes that have made their way to front page news.

I'm sure the school is worried about financial loss as well if all of a sudden people stop applying out of fear.

Of course I think everyone wants to find Hannah, but just that there is more on the line which is why Longo is so animated.

I am curious tho, if JLM is innocent and decides to sue, would he have a case?

Gosh darn why are there no lawyers on this thread?

Wow. It's disheartening to learn that so many people judge your character by the car you drive and where you live.

Actually, whats disheartening to me is seeing so many people, so much more concerned about the rights and dignity of a POI in a missing persons case rather than the person who is actually missing.

Every person who came into contact with Hannah the night she was missing should come under the same careful and oftentimes harsh, scrutiny.

Sorry if that offends, but this isnt a yahoo discussion board or facebook, its Web Sleuths.

You can bet that police and FBI profilers are doing the exact same thing right now with everyone involved in this case.

Here is what I meant about Rugby... It's almost as bad as Grady, but Grady seems even more weird.:

View attachment 59599

I do think all the Gradys caused even more confusion. I think she took Preston, and was on the other side of the street, which eventually changed into a divided highway. None of the streets were numbered, and my guess is that maybe prior to reaching Shell,
she turned around and went on the otherside of Preston and hit McGradys Irish Pub, and then for whatever reason, she turned around and went back the wrong way down Preston.

I wish they gave more information about her encounter with the bouncer. They just state she was denied entry.

Did she just try to get in so she could use the bathroom? Did she ask for directions? The description of her encounter there seems really vague. The way those guys were oogling, You would think she was doing cartwheels.

ahh now I see what you mean but she came from the opposite direction so she would not have been on rugby or even near it.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the model of their car, but by the content of their character.

Actually, whats disheartening to me is seeing so many people, so much more concerned about the rights and dignity of a POI in a missing persons case than the person who is actually missing.

Every person who came into contact with Hannah the night she was missing should come under the same careful and sometimes even harsh scrutiny.

Sorry if that offends, but this isnt a yahoo discussion board or facebook, its web sleuths.

some people still believe in the Constitution in this country

exactly. Longo said it today - she "had her world turned around, which is what I believe happened" after dinner and the early party. So what does that mean? they believe she was drugged?

Or maybe a very recent break-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members